Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2013 Bakersfield Old School Bash

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Bakersfield Old School Bash

Hey guys I know its early yet but the wheels are in motion getting ready for the 2nd annual Old School Bash to be held in Bakersfield next spring. We are working out the dates at the moment so I cant give you that info but there is a ton more I can. First of all the contest will be a 3 day event with AMA Masters and Old School Masters starting off the show on Friday with rounds 1 and 2. We plan to fly these between 12 and 3pm using the rest of the day as a practice day for all. As you guys know we use the 1983 rule book and that means each pilot will pick 12 manuevers totaling 45K from the list. This is still the same for OSM (Old School Masters) however this year we are taking it one step further. (2 actually)

We do not want to deal with having a bunch more patterns or classes thrown into the mix so this is how we are going to do it. We will have OSM (Masters) OSE (Expert) and OSA (Advanced) and we will be using the total K as the divider. Now Masters has 12 manuevers that total 45 K, so Expert will have 12 totaling 38 K, and advanced will be 12 totaling 32K. This way almost everyone will have a level they are comfortable with. The downside is I have to limit Expert and Advanced to 5 per class at least for this year. If there is interest we will simply figure out a way to open it up next year.

If you think you are interested and would like to reserve a spot please let me know and I will put people down in the order that I get the info. Please only reserve a spot if you are fairly certain you can attend as we don't want the contest to get here and end up with less then a full 5 per class. Trophies will be given to 3rd.

If this will be the first time you have ever picked your own pattern and would like some help or advice I will be glad to assist in any way. As the contest gets closer I will be handing off the CD duties to Matt Kimbro as he has volunteered to help relieve some of the work load. I am sure we will have many of the greats show up again like they did last year and more. I know I just restored a gorgeous Atlanta with a YS short Stroke in it and Richard V. has already confirmed they will be back as well.

Thats all for now please feel free to ask any Q's you may have. This is going to be the contest of the year don't miss it.

C
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31973.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	1827684   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45276.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1827685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw58728.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	1827686  
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 AM
80sPattern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2013 Bakersfield Old School Bash

Chip,

I will plan to attend and fly Advanced. Will this take place over two days or just one? I am much more likely to attend if it is a one-day event for Classic Pattern.

I will be flying my Conquest IVe.

Doug
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
pvogel

Would this be held in concert with an AMA pattern contest? If so, I'd be happy to try my hand at advanced, I expect I'll have my CurarE finished by then.

Peter+
Old 12-10-2012, 06:04 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Count me in too. I was there last year and flew AMA but it looked like all the classic guys were having a blast. It was great to see some guys that I havent seen in 30+ years. I have a Kaos flying now but just started a Dalotel build around a piped Rossi that could be flying by then.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:54 AM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in. Missed last years event, looking forward to this one. I will be flying both AMA and Classic pattern.

-Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20499.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	1828906  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: KLXMASTER14

I'm in. Missed last years event, looking forward to this one. I will be flying both AMA and Classic pattern.

-Robert
Thanks guys Old School will fly Fri. and Sat. is what its looking like. For a total of six rounds. We have our original date back which is the last weekend in April. More just after the first

C