Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

CPA MASTER'S MANEUVER PICKS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPA MASTER'S MANEUVER PICKS

The current CPA rules cycle has Master's class where you pick your own maneuvers from a list, with the max score of no more the 450 points (or 45 K).
With the upcoming Lancaster contest rapidly approaching, it is time for me to figure out what to fly. Here is what I came up with (see attached). My strategy is to pick maneuvers with the highest K factor to keep the list as short as possible, to accommodate the fuel capacity of my aircraft.

Please share your picks. (Your pattern, not your nose)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ki18151.pdf (4.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Default RE: CPA MASTER'S MANEUVER PICKS

Robert,

Your pattern looks good... Nice flow.... Also guys ( Masters) don't forget you can change your pattern each round also.... The score keeper might not be happy with that

I will be sending all the data to PACSS this week, as he is going to add CPA to the data base, so maybe it will be done in time for the contest.

Right now there are 7 CPA events on the books for 2013.

scott #2
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 PM
KLXMASTER14

OK, here is version 2. I added the missing maneuver, and made some adjustments to keep it at 45K. To save fuel, my first maneuver after takeoff is a downwind maneuver. I will be ok with the P-7, but the Vertigo will be tight on fuel. The O.S. 65 on the pipe eats fuel like a fat chick at Krispy Kream.
Attached Files
Yv66168.pdf (4.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Better let the judges know about that first maneuver! Might catch them off guard. And I'll bet you won't like doing the spin with the P-7 or the Vertigo.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM
KLXMASTER14

ORIGINAL: TonyF

Better let the judges know about that first maneuver! Might catch them off guard. And I'll bet you won't like doing the spin with the P-7 or the Vertigo.
Yep, I will let the judges know when I hand them the score sheets.

I am tentative about the spins. Both of those airplanes like to continue around once they start spinning. I'll see how it shakes out in practice. I will bring a fresh pair of shorts just in case[X(]

Thank you for your input.
-Robert
Old 01-15-2013, 08:37 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi Robert,
a nice selection of maneuvers. If fuel consumption is such a big issue you might consider replacing the square horizontal eight with, say, two snaps in opposite directions. Back in the 'good old days' I put together a couple of schedules (fortunately I did not have any fuel constraints): a 'calm' weather schedule (lots of verticals) and a 'windy' weather schedule (as many rolling maneuvers as possible). Since fuel is a potential issue, having the spin last only requires enough fuel to get to altitude as you can land dead stick if necessary. Tony is right about the spins - practice!
Good Luck!
-Will
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
KLXMASTER14

I went to Lancaster on Saturday, and flew the pattern. I am making a couple of changes, with some input from Tony F.
I swapped the Straight Inverted Flight with the Triangle Rolling Loop. The Triangle loop is a better downwind maneuver, and easier to set up for as a downwind maneuver after takeoff. It is irrelevant which way the Straight Inverted Flight is flown.
The Spin was fun, but stopping it on cue is sketchy at best. It has been swapped for the Cobra roll. I like the way is flows now, I will fly this version at Lancaster in two weeks.
The Vertigo needs a bigger fuel tank. I ran it out of fuel twice out of five flights. The P-7 makes it through with a little headroom.
Attached Files
Ki19855.pdf (4.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM
KLXMASTER14

Anyone else care to share?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:13 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

Number 1 is if I want to fly a Figure M. Number 2 is without an M. I like to do rolls so I load up on them.
Attached Files
Xv64714.pdf (40.7 KB, 4 views)
Je98577.pdf (40.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM
JSchoolcraft

Well I would post my call sheet but it would be pretty boring, since this is my first classic contest I'll be flying Novice. LOL