Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Troublemaker Resurection

Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 AM
AMA 74894
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pattnut
I'm happy to report to all that Tony B is very much alive and well here in Las Vegas, and still a active RCer. He is 83 years young, comes out to the field with his Somenzini DA 100 powered YAK 54 and proceeds to water our eyes with some fine 3D flying. I hope to be so good when I grow up. He has become a good friend....

Old Dawg
Tony taught me (among other things) the merits of sealing flight control hinge gaps when I was an aspiring pattern newbie (in 1970 at age 8 )
I swear he could fly a refrigerator if you could mount an engine on it
Old 04-05-2015, 02:35 PM
ChiefK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been out of it for some time.... really bummed that the Troublemaker was wiped out on it'd maiden flight. Jumped off the ground... went straight up.... came straight down and buried itself in the ground like an arrow. I'm guessing that my CG was way off.... Now.... finally trying again. A new Troublemaker build. This time, epoxy/foam! Stab skinned, one wing skinned, the other half, half skinned. Using some leftover parts from other recently demised airplanes. landing gear wing mounting units from a broken DB ARF, Wing servo side mounts from a broken Intruder ARF. I have a very old Tatone aluminum engine mount that fits my Webra Speed (from the previous Troublemaker) perfectly, and fits in the nose quite nicely. Hoped to get more done this past week (Spring Break) but the honey-do list prevailed, and I'm back in the classroom tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this one will fly GREAT!
Old 04-24-2020, 05:30 AM
mdsportflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4-24
I built a first prototype for Bonetti way back. He was a special kind of client.
I am looking for plans and or a short kit with plans...
any ideas where I may find that?
Bryan
Old 04-24-2020, 07:41 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

https://www.eurekaaircraft.com/eac_k...oublemaker.htm

Eureka cuts kits to order, so it takes a few weeks. They produce a quality product though.