Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

MK kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:29 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default MK kits

There are beaucoup MK kits for sale these days (bookoo in southern slang). 2 Blue Angels back to back! More than MK kits than usual anyway........ Who bought the older Blue Angel kit?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:40 AM
auggie622
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MK kits

All that's well and good but the sad thing is they are way over priced - $770 for a Dash 5, $730 for an Aurora, $700 for a Citation - this is ridiculous. I love MK kits and I think, as most of you will, they are great kits but come on , this kind of money ! !.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
TonyF
My Feedback: (92)

You're probably right about the prices, but I couldn't help myself on the Citation kit. I've been looking for one of those for a long time! Now I'll have one!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Ahhh...The prices maybe high but I think sometimes kits like those are "priceless" to some people too...I've paid "too much" for my Aurora kit and it didn't bother me a bit, I didn't even haggle with the guy...

It's all about what it means to the individual...MK and Yoshioka kits are defiantly a "cut above" so you know the quality is there, it's not like your buying junk...I know you guys know that..

There are some kits I would pay those prices if I had the money....I would like to have had the Citation, if I had the money right now I would have paid his price, but I didn't...I'm happy to see it going to a good home where it will be appreciated... [8D]

Fortunately there are other alternatives (Don's efforts) that keep these aircraft available for us to enjoy...But there is a mystique about the MK type kits that I doubt will ever go away... [8D]

Happy Flying!!

Chuck

Old 06-12-2013, 05:07 AM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey, it's only money. There have only been 2 Citation kits on *bay since 2006 and one of them was partially built. I bet the 'auction' price of the Citation kit would have been pretty close or maybe more than the asking price. The Atlas kit looks intriguing as it has pre-sheeted foam wings. My kit is all wood; so I would guess it is pretty rare. I agree with everything Chuck said in the previous post (and I sold him 2 MK kits a few years back). It is great that Don is making so many of these airplanes available in glass and foam, but consider the final RTC cost of one of his kits versus an MK kit and the price difference gets a lot smaller (I'm sure everybody has seen the prices of contest balsa lately!). While MK is no longer in business :-( perhaps Mr. Yoshioka will consider producing a few more Citations and Dash-5s.
Lastly, there are very few kits of the MK/Yoshioka quality still available. You can still find some top quality wood pattern ship kits in Japan (Naruke Hobbies, Sunshine products, Wingcraft ), but getting one can be difficult and expensive ($1100 - $1300 for the kit plus about $100 for shipping). Pricey, yes! But when you open the box the money seems well spent. Assuming you like to build.
In Another classic pattern thread, Tony recently expressed his desire for an original Citation kit. I guess the 'kit fairy' was listening .
I know I'll be watching to see what else appears!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 AM
dhal22

Guys, here is the Cosmos 40 in Japan, bidding about $240 right now.

http://www.jauce.com/auction/u49797612

List it over here for $640 and see if someone bites. What a deal!

A great business model in my opinion, perhaps not a long term one though.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:44 AM
dhal22

Flawless Aurora $325 bidding minimum with no bids:

http://www.jauce.com/auction/n124904862
Old 06-30-2013, 01:14 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MK Magic 40 - that is a rare one
http://www.jauce.com/auction/f123022362
Old 06-30-2013, 01:25 PM
rodders

Hello
Can anyone workout if they would post these to Europe, specifically the UK?
I'd like an mk kit to build, but the only ones that ever come up in the uk are very pricey(£400) I have only seen 1 in the last year and a half of watching Exxxbay
I'd like a arrow, but I'm not really that fussy.

Ill keep a watch on this site and see what comes up.
Rodders
Old 06-30-2013, 01:54 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rodders,

Read the Jauce page and all your questions will be answered.

In short, yes. But there's more to it...

David
Old 06-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Huang
My Feedback: (27)

If you have been following the RCU classifieds, there's a seller "longerbeach" that will do probably do it for you. None of the items are his, he is simply re-listing these auction items from Japan at very high prices. If he finds a buyer then he goes for the items. But it'll probably cost a zillion dollars based on his recent listings.

But you can simply buy it yourself much cheaper through many of the proxy sites for Japanese auctions. They will bid, warehouse, pack and ship to you. MK kits are still fairly available in Japan, and prices are reasonable.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:10 PM
dhal22

Longerbeach is still trying to act innocent ( if that's the correct explanation). But there is a reason there is an ending date on his listings......................
Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: Huang

If you have been following the RCU classifieds, there's a seller ''longerbeach'' that will do probably do it for you. None of the items are his, he is simply re-listing these auction items from Japan at very high prices. If he finds a buyer then he goes for the items. But it'll probably cost a zillion dollars based on his recent listings.

But you can simply buy it yourself much cheaper through many of the proxy sites for Japanese auctions. They will bid, warehouse, pack and ship to you. MK kits are still fairly available in Japan, and prices are reasonable.

ORIGINAL: dhal22

Longerbeach is still trying to act innocent ( if that's the correct explanation). But there is a reason there is an ending date on his listings......................
Thanks Matt and David!!!

Now I see how it is...I was originally thinking to myself "boy, this guy is connected!!!"

I see some of his listings on that Jp site and it looks like he basically doubles the price...Got it...I wonder if he has some other sites he uses too??

There sure is some nice stuff over there in Japan!! That Aurora that was from Naruke hobby ([link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=922808]This one[/link]) was really something!! I was thinking about selling my motorcycle to get it...lol

I wish I would have known how to track that listing before it ended, I would have liked to see how that one went...Did it sell?? I imagine it did...Is there any way to see ended listings?? I would like to find that one!!

There is another pretty Aurora in the Naruke scheme that he has listed right now...Anyone know how to find the direct link to that one??

Oh Well...Thanks for the enlightenment!!

Have Fun

Chuck
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Huang

Chuck, PMed you!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 AM
flywilly

How do you find the proxy sites?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:22 AM
rodders

Wow
Doubling the price you say. I sort of admire people doing a service and adding a fee, but doubling it is a bit naughty.
I'd actually rather never have a kit than buy one from him if he's doubling the price.

I've not worked out what jauce actually is.
Is the jauce site a cover of EBay? I looked and can't find an EBay for Japan.

I need to look into this and will follow what you guys do with interest

Rodders
Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Huang

This is one of the auction sites, and there are others: http://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/
You will need a bit of Japanese to be able to search some of the items because some listings are only in Japanese.

Say, for example this very rare MK Magic 40:
http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f123022362

There are then proxy services like Buyee that help bid, warehouse, repackage and ship to you. There are efforts and costs involved with each step and it isn't a completely painless process, but it can be done if you have some experience. A lot of the sellers in Asia use auction sites as a listing for their products, and request you to contact them before bidding. Sometimes the seller doesn't want to ship, or don't want to work with proxies, etc...

Now that this goes on the net, it'll be interesting to see how the bidding goes!
Old 07-02-2013, 04:49 AM
flywilly

Hi Huang,
Thnks for the information. I noticed on the Magic 40 page there was an option for overseas bidding; so I assume they would ship worldwide, but it was through 'buyee'. Overseas shipping of USPS sized boxes (108" total of length + girth) is relatively easy and not too expensive. I suspect that if the Japanese/Asian sellers ever started listing on US eBay they would be pleasantly surprised at the amounts their kits would sell for. There was an MK Silent St (120 size) kit which was at 25,500 yen which is only about $250 US. When originally sold here (back in 1988) it was priced at $550. Earlier this year, Chris Moon at F3A Unlimited, offered the kit (he imported MK accessories and 'E' version of the Topstar kti) for $750. These were the last MK Silents from the Factory.
Yes, now that the 'cat is out of the bag' the Japanese auction sites will be flooded with US bidders .
-Will
Old 07-06-2013, 05:48 AM
dhal22

Here is the MK Crusader that longer beach listed recently. Buy it now for $2800.00 He was asking $9650.00 or so. Just a little bit of profit added in....................

http://japamart.com/auctoolf.php?url...ion/e136668564