Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Kaos .60 vs DIrty Birdy .60

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:52 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

We're can I get a glass fuse for the DB? From the old bridi fuse not the ARF.
sparky
Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soliex
I know you guys are talking about .60 size, but I found this conversation interesting because I just started a short kit DB40 from David Oxilla. You can see I've barely started with the side panels, but you have to start somewhere. I'm wanting to join the CPA and fly it with retracts and a pipe, but I don't know how close events will get to me so I might need to travel some. Haven't decided on an engine yet, but will be going with E-flight gear and other recommended hardware from doxilla. Will Futaba TX hook up with spectrum RX?

Dave
Hi Dave, You said you don't know how close events will get to you ! The Alabaster Club will have two events this coming year, One SPA and one CPA and that's less than 30 miles. Huntsville has a CPA event every year, about 65 miles from you and we even had a CPA event at the Morris field 5 miles from you ! Our first event coming up is the SPA contest and its in April.
Don't think you will get much closer than that !!

Dave..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cpa fla 010.JPG
Views:	1787
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	1944745  

Last edited by dphill2; 12-04-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:59 PM
soliex

Hey Dave, that's great to hear and a real motivator! I've been a member of the Birmingham R/C Club for about six months now and fly at the Morris field. I'm looking forward to getting the DB40 built, but I know squat about pattern so I have a lot to learn.

Dave
Old 12-04-2013, 04:12 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Dave,
I'll be glad to help you any way I can ! I CD the last pattern contest @ the Morris field and even CD a couple of Club-40 Pylon races there. I'm not a Member but know quite a few of them. WE are going to have a Novice Only contest in the fall of the year at Alabaster and might be something you could get into. This contest is flown using the SPA novice maneuver's and is a very good way to see if you like pattern.
We will allow any airplane you have up to 95 4 stroke or a 65 2 stroke. We try to keep the airplanes down to the size that we normally fly in CPA or SPA !! If you have any questions send me a PM and I'll do my best to answer any questions you have..

Dave Phillips..
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM
soliex

Thanks Dave, I'll do that