Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

2nd Annual Desert Heat Classic Pattern Contest

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

2nd Annual Desert Heat Classic Pattern Contest

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd Annual Desert Heat Classic Pattern Contest July 12th, 2014

The Antelope Valley Tailwinds in conjunction with the Classic Pattern Association is proud to present the 2nd Annual Desert Heat Classic Pattern Contest!

The contest date is Saturday, July 12th (Sunday July 13th is reserved for bad weather). All CPA classes will be offered, with awards to third place. Points accumulation from this contest will count toward the 2014 Regional Championships. For more information, see the attached flyer.

Pre-registration is open at the NSRCA website: http://nsrca.us/index.php/d7-contest-schedule/2014

See you there!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SUMMER HEAT FLIER_2014.pdf (306.3 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by KLXMASTER14; 05-06-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:23 AM
KLXMASTER14

Reminder- We are about three weeks away from the 2nd Annual Desert Heat Classic Pattern Contest! I hope to see many of you from the Riverside event, as well as some new faces. Sunday the 13th will be our alternate day in case of bad weather.

See you there!

-Robert
Old 07-02-2014, 08:57 AM
KLXMASTER14

Notice- Advanced and Expert Class

[HR][/HR]Advanced and Expert class pilots will have the option of substituting any maneuver for the Three Turn Spin. You may not choose a duplicate maneuver. Replacement maneuvers shall be selected from the 1980-1981 rule book. Expert class substitute maneuver shall retain the K2 value regardless of maneuver selected.

The 1980-1981 rule book is available on the CPA web site. If you have any questions or would like help with selecting a substitute maneuver, please PM me or use the contact information on the event flier (attached).

Thanks!
-Robert
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SUMMER HEAT FLIER_2014.pdf (306.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 07-05-2014, 05:40 AM
PatternPilot
My Feedback: (58)

Pre-registration is back up and working

http://classicpatternassociation.com...istration.html
Old 07-06-2014, 07:35 PM
KLXMASTER14

Thanks Scott!

If you are coming, please take a minute and pre-sign. It will help me with preparations, and to keep in touch in case of weather related difficulties. The Lancaster area has been plagued with particularly pervasive winds this season. We have Sunday pegged as an alternate "bad weather day" and the more that pre-register, the easier it will be to communicate with attendees if we have to switch to "Plan B".
You can also pre-register ath the NSRCA D7 site here:
http://nsrca.us/index.php/list-event...attern-contest

Thanks much, and hope to see you there.

-Robert Fish, CD
Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 PM
KLXMASTER14

Default Forecast is looking good.

The Weather Underground long range weather forecast is looking good.

The Pilot's meeting is scheduled for 8:30, and wheels up at 9:00. I am asking for everyone to please show up a little early to get in trim flights, etc, as the weather will likely be best in the first half of the day. I want to get in four rounds of flying if possible, so that those with a long drive home can hit the road at a reasonable time.

The gate to the field will be open by sunrise!

Thanks!
Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20140216_143556.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	2012234  

Last edited by KLXMASTER14; 07-06-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:47 PM
KLXMASTER14

Update! Lunch will be served.
[HR][/HR] Lunch will be provided as part of your entry! Cold drinks will be available throughout the day.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:49 PM
KLXMASTER14

A great success!!!
[HR][/HR] This is my first season as a rookie CD, and I could not have a better result. I want to extend my gratitude to everyone that stepped forward to help out: Mike and Jean Greear came out and lent their support helping with scoring and flight line management. To my wife Jennifer for stepping up and filling in a multitude of "blanks". Donald Fox, who has stepped forward and tackled the job of scoring, mastering and cleaning up the scoring program. No scoring- no contest! And to Tony Frackowiak for being my "guard rails". Thank you Preston Knepper for feeding all of the hungry contestants!
We had favorable weather, which was a real blessing. It was hot of course, but that is what you expect in the desert in July. That's why we call it "Summer Heat"!
The air was not the only thing that was hot- there was a lot of very good flying. We were all glad to see Eric Huffman make the long drive from Phoenix, but sad to see the demise of his Tipo. He came back strong and took second in Novice class. The total number of pilots was 10, several of whom drove quite a distance to be there. We were down a couple of regulars, several who are on their way to the Nats. Good luck guys! Thank you all for participating and making it such a great event. Without pilots there would be no contest!
When it was all said and done, we got in four rounds of flying and were done early enough for folks with a long drive to hit the road at a reasonable hour. Here are the results:

Pre-Novice:
1. Jonathan Rinde 193.00

Novice:
1. Chris Mahoney 280.75
2. Eric Huffman 259.50
3. Donald Fox 250.00
4. Paul Rinde 245.25

Advanced:
1. Dick Belden 277.50
2. Tak Takayama 268.25
3. Scott Holmes 241.75

Masters: