Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Nutcracker

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 03:26 AM
MarkD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nutcracker

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a paper copy of the plans by Airborne Associates?

I was playing around with a PDF copy I found on the web but found odd things when I vectorized it for CAD.

The right side of the wing and horizontal stab are shorter than the left hand sides. At a wing area of 1200 Sq. In the difference in the wing panels is 3/16" and 1/8" for the stab panels.

If you look closely at the attached image you will see it. The red-orange lines are the original outlines, the green are my CAD overlays.

I'm just trying to figure out which widths are the correct ones before I go any farther. If someone could compare the widths of both sides with a ruler it would be of a great help.

Thanks, MarkD

Old 07-04-2022, 05:00 AM
kdunlap757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ght=nutcracker

See post 39. I posted the plans here for everyone and detailed my build.

These are properly scaled and scanned...

Just one other thought, if you go with retracts, routing your pipe through the fuse may not give you enough room for a fuel tank. It's tight in that fuselage.

Last edited by kdunlap757; 07-04-2022 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-04-2022, 01:37 PM
MarkD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the response. It looks like an excellent build.

I vectorized your drawing with the same procedures I used before.and got the same thing. The drawings of the wing and stab were meant for reference only, not to be built
over like a stick built model. If the vendor provided cores were symmetrical it wouldn't show up in the real world. It could cause a problem if you ever needed to make a new part from the full size templates.

It was good to confirm this issue from another drawing. Just a quirk leftover from the bad old days.

Thanks for looking.

MarkD