Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

List of Classic Pattern Kit Manufacturers

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

List of Classic Pattern Kit Manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 04:28 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rodders
Hey Jerry,

Just to put the claim into context:
1)Who is making the kits ?
2) How many kits have been made and actually sold this year?

If you can provide a name and a numbers to these questions, that's news. Otherwise you are out of date with your assertions.

I beat myself up trying to get one of these kits, it's was a pointless and frustrating exercise.

Regards
Rodders
Have you tried ordering from rcaiir?
Old 06-05-2015, 12:01 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rodders,

There is nothing coming out of Hobby Barn.

Don Carlson at RCAiir continually produces kits. RCAiir is in production right now. Order and receive a real kit in a matter of weeks from RCAiir. No one has come up to his standard or relieability for years. He is presently the standard of Classic Pattern kit producers. He ships Internationally all of the time.

I've received 3 kits last month, I visited the shop last week. He made me a new wing pan for my Mach I he just kitted complete with clear canopy, retracts from Spring Air, Sig contest balsa wood pack, and hardware stuff. Along with a Patricia and an Arrow.

Good luck,
Chris...
Old 06-05-2015, 12:34 PM
rodders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I've gone off the boil with buying a conventional kit, as I'm time poor at the moment.

I've bought a ARF curare instead.

I console myself with the statement from Hanno in a magazine review where he said the "Curare ARF flew better than his 1977 original". He flies with an electric set up by the way!

However, if I was after a kit I would look at Don's line of products.

Jerry's gone kind of quiet hasn't he?

Rodders
Old 06-05-2015, 01:46 PM
stuntflyr

I bought that ARF too. Nice model, I'm going electric with mine. I think it's a great model and the best of the ARFs.

I think the whole Hobby Barn thing was where a person wanted to do something with a line of old, out of production products that had been brought back to the forefront by this resurgence of interest in the old designs and type of Pattern flying, but the pricipal underestimated the work involved and quickly came to the conclusion it wasn't worth it or couldn't physically keep up with the orders. The prices were unrealistic for the cost of production in regard to modern expense for resin, glass, etc, as well. It sounded great, had a following from the 70's-80's, tooling still existed, delivered a few kits. But in the end it didn't happen.

Good luck with the Curare.

Chris...
Old 06-05-2015, 02:37 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Chris,
When is Don moving to Colorado?
Old 07-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Pattern One
My Feedback: (73)

Default List of Pattern Kit Manufacturers

Guys,

The Hippo Tipo and UFO arrived today for mold making. Both fuselages are in great condition. Thank you to the person that sent them.

Leo
ballisticaircraftcompany
klasskotemo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2357.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2108425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2358.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2108426   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2359.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	2108427   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2360.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	2108428  
Old 09-19-2015, 11:32 PM
J Kikkert

Cool Putting the claim into context

Originally Posted by rodders
Hey Jerry,

Just to put the claim into context:
1)Who is making the kits ?
2) How many kits have been made and actually sold this year?

If you can provide a name and a numbers to these questions, that's news. Otherwise you are out of date with your assertions.

I beat myself up trying to get one of these kits, it's was a pointless and frustrating exercise.

Regards
Rodders
I know this thread is pretty old and I hope it is still going.

I'm making the kits.
They sold all they had, Which was a few. How many do you want?
Hope it didn't hurt too much when you beat yourself up
Check out their website www.hobbybarn.com They should just about have it completed.I;m going to attach a picture just for you.
This is Shelby: The Hobby Barn receiving manager holding a fuselage of a Joe Gross designed Thunderbird,

Name:	20150827_113144-1.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	502.4 KB
ID:	2120834  
Old 09-20-2015, 11:37 AM
stuntflyr

The manager of the Hobby Barn I visited last month said there was an interruption in the production of the Classic Pattern line and they were looking for someone to produce them.
I just moved to Tucson this month so will be close by and see if I can unravel the mystery for consumers.
Chris...
Old 09-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Yak13
My Feedback: (17)

Chris, good to know that you have moved to Arizona. Maybe we can get together to fly some pattern?
Ed
Old 09-20-2015, 08:47 PM
stuntflyr

Originally Posted by Pattern One
Guys,

The Hippo Tipo and UFO arrived today for mold making. Both fuselages are in great condition. Thank you to the person that sent them.

Leo
ballisticaircraftcompany
klasskotemo
Cool,
That Hippo Tipo has the indentation.
Chris...
Old 09-20-2015, 08:49 PM
stuntflyr

Originally Posted by Yak13
Chris, good to know that you have moved to Arizona. Maybe we can get together to fly some pattern?
Ed
That'll be fun. I'm shopping for a good field in TUS right now.
Chris...
Old 09-20-2015, 08:51 PM
stuntflyr

Originally Posted by flywilly
Hey Chris,
When is Don moving to Colorado?
I think he's enroute.
Chris...
Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by J Kikkert
I know this thread is pretty old and I hope it is still going.

I'm making the kits.
They sold all they had, Which was a few. How many do you want?
Hope it didn't hurt too much when you beat yourself up
Check out their website www.hobbybarn.com They should just about have it completed.I;m going to attach a picture just for you.
This is Shelby: The Hobby Barn receiving manager holding a fuselage of a Joe Gross designed Thunderbird,
Jerry,

thanks for the update and good news.

I noticed that the website has some kits which you show molded fuses of in the picture as out of stock. Will you be producing kits of all the models listed (or more) and if so, does the web site need to be updated so one can order the out of stock kits?

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the Magic 40 fuse to see how it was done. Does it have the same layout as the Magic 60 with a top pipe deck and inverted engine?

Thanks, David

Last edited by doxilia; 09-21-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:10 AM
J Kikkert

Chris,
When were you at the Hobby Barn? I've been here 6 days a week for the last 3 months. What manager did you talk to, as i'd like to talk to her. I'd like to talk to you also, My cell number is 520-335-7751 , call me. They are open from 10:00 till 6: 00 six days a week.
Thanks
JERRY
Old 09-21-2015, 11:21 AM
J Kikkert

Default Where is this info coming from

Originally Posted by doxilia
Jerry,

thanks for the update and good news.

I noticed that the website has some kits which you show molded fuses of in the picture as out of stock. Will you be producing kits of all the models listed (or more) and if so, does the web site need to be updated so one can order the out of stock kits?

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures of the Magic 40 fuse to see how it was done. Does it have the same layout as the Magic 60 with a top pipe deck and inverted engine?

Thanks, David
All kits are available I am out of a couple wing wing cores at present, but they shouldn't be listed as out of stock. My phone is Verizon and I have free calling to the US, Canada, and Mexico. If you want reliable info call Me!!! 520-335-7751.
JERRY
Old 09-21-2015, 02:51 PM
doxilia

Originally Posted by J Kikkert
All kits are available I am out of a couple wing wing cores at present, but they shouldn't be listed as out of stock. My phone is Verizon and I have free calling to the US, Canada, and Mexico. If you want reliable info call Me!!! 520-335-7751.
JERRY
Thanks Jerry. I'll likely touch base over the weekend.

If there are any snaps of the Magic 40 fuse, I'd love to see them.

David
Old 09-21-2015, 05:53 PM
hobbybarntucrc

Hello

I would like to clear the air a little here. After a hiatus Hobby Barn Quality Line Kits are back in production. As Jerry has stated in his posts above, he has been getting the kits ready for sale. We are not looking for anyone to make the kits and for the last 3 months Jerry has been working tirelessly to get production up. Jerry has been a member of the Hobby Barn family for many years. He worked with Bill Hempel Sr. on design and production of many of the Quality Line Kits. We are pleased to have him working with us again to make Hobby Barn Quality LineTM the one of the best. Because all of the kits are made by hand, no mass production, we have basic kits published and available for immediate sale on our website, www.hobbybarn.com, the Deluxe and Super Deluxe are in the process of being boxed and should be ready within the next couple of weeks. We are not "Out of Stock", we are in the process of boxing all of the kits. If anyone is interested in any of the kits or would like more information please call the store and I would be happy to speak with you,we are open M-F 10-6 and Sat from 10-5.

We look forward to working with all of you to bring the classics back!

Samantha Hines
General Manager

David....(doxilia)

I have taken some quick shots of the Magic .40 and will post them tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Yak13
My Feedback: (17)

All of this sounds good.

Hobby barn: Please keep us posted! Understand that your communication has not been very consistent. This is a very good channel to solve that and propel your business.

Ed
Old 09-22-2015, 06:20 AM
doxilia

Originally Posted by hobbybarntucrc
We look forward to working with all of you to bring the classics back!

Samantha Hines
General Manager

David....(doxilia)

I have taken some quick shots of the Magic .40 and will post them tomorrow.
Samantha,

thanks for the info and update on the QL kits. I look forward to the pictures of the Magic 40. I imagine you will also be updating the web site with pictures of each kit as they become available and are completed for shipping.

Regards, David
Old 09-22-2015, 11:45 AM
hobbybarntucrc

Hi again,

We will definitely make a point to keep lines of communication active. I am sure you will see myself or Jerry posting frequently. And again, if anyone has any questions please contact us. I check my email continuously even after hours. The best way to get in touch with us is by phone at 520-747-3633, but you can also send email to [email protected] or contact me directly at [email protected]. If you call and I am not available you can speak to Jerry or Rob (yes he is back )

As promised below are a couple of "rough" pictures of the Magic .40. David, to answer your question, yes we will be adding pictures to the kits on our website as they are available. I have been working pretty much nonstop on adding the Quality Line to hobbybarn.com. I have a couple of planes that I need to get pictures of still and will be taking them in the next couple of days.

Name:	Magic40.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	2121799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Magic401.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	2121800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Magic403.jpg
Views:	638
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2121802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Magic404.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	926.9 KB
ID:	2121803  
Old 09-22-2015, 11:53 AM
hobbybarntucrc

Almost forgot.....

If anyone has or knows anyone that has a completed Quality Line Kit Curare, Minare, Magic (.40 or .60), Arrow, Arrow 800, Thunderbird or Vulcan and would like pictures the plane featured on our website please contact me. We would like more pictures of completed kits to add. If your picture is chosen it may be used in the marketing of Quality Line Kits and we will do a feature on our home page slider. The picture will include your name, the plane, year built, etc.....

Sam
Old 09-23-2015, 10:48 AM
doxilia

Outstanding! Thanks for the photos Samantha.

I assume that those wishing to do an inverted engine installation (e.g., a YS 45 FR) in the Magic 40 would have to produce a cowl out of a portion of the fuse bottom in order to pass and maintain the engine?

Does HB have any photos of a model built with such an installation? I recall Rob posting some pictures of past models built but not of the M40.

I'll contact Jerry for pricing and availability next weekend.

Thanks, David
Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 PM
hobbybarntucrc

Originally Posted by doxilia
Outstanding! Thanks for the photos Samantha.

I assume that those wishing to do an inverted engine installation (e.g., a YS 45 FR) in the Magic 40 would have to produce a cowl out of a portion of the fuse bottom in order to pass and maintain the engine?

Does HB have any photos of a model built with such an installation? I recall Rob posting some pictures of past models built but not of the M40.

I'll contact Jerry for pricing and availability next weekend.

Thanks, David
David-

I will have to check on this and get back to you. Rob will be in tomorrow (Saturday) and I will pump him for information. I am still learning about the different ways to set up the planes so I won't attempt to answer.

As for pictures, I have one older picture of a Magic but it is the .60. I am on the hunt for more pictures though.

Sam
Old 09-25-2015, 12:14 PM
hobbybarntucrc

Originally Posted by Yak13
All of this sounds good.

Hobby barn: Please keep us posted! Understand that your communication has not been very consistent. This is a very good channel to solve that and propel your business.

Ed
Ed

I will do all I can to keep the communication channel open. I am determined to make the Quality Line Kits successful again. I will continue to watch this thread and participate in the discussion. I am not sure what the issue was in the past and why the communication from us was not consistent but I hope to fix that.

Sam
Old 09-27-2015, 04:07 AM
rodders

Jerry,

Just looking at the patterns plane thread after a couple of months away.

The "beating up" was Metaphorically speaking of course. I bought my two planes ( that were, and probably are still on order from you) along with matching engines and pipes from somewhere else.

I'm actually still waiting for the postage quote for my super curare and arrow from you.
I was assured they had my "name on them". Don't be in too much of a hurry it's only been about 2 years and I sort of got the message.

I suppose the only "hurt" in the situation was a financial one, and it missed me.

All the best in your future enterprise. Can I suggest that you make a real effort to read emails and oversee the "waiting list" that you have.

If you manage to recover one of the numerous emails I sent you I look forward to the response. I also

Regards
Rodders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.