Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curare 60

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Curare 60

Does anyone know where I can buy a Curare, Blue Angel, or Aurora 60 size kit? I have checked with Singapore hobbies and they don't have any and don't know when they will have more.

Thanks
    Doug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Curare 60

Some where in this "Classic" forum... there was a person who posted a link that had the Curare. It was not Singapore hobbies. It was for a company not in the US. It was a glass fuse version though.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That was me. It was a hooby place in Germany, but the shipping cost are very high to the US. It was going to cost more than the plane to ship.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Small World!!!! I have no idea who else would have a kit then. You can get the plans here:

http://www.rcstore.com/rs/general/li...d=41&catego=PL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was in the Singapore Hobbies shop just a week or 2-3 ago, and there was a Blue Angel kit there! Better check with them again.

A friend of mine can get you a epoxy/glass fuselage and foam wings for a Curare, but shipping from Belgium won't be any less expensive than from Germany ... Still a very nice plane, flies as if it were on rails

Best regards,

Kris G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us55184.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	329550  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am amazed at the interest in these old planes. I have recently got back into RC Aero Modeling after an abscence of 25 years. I have still got my old Curare Pattern ship from the late 70s. It has Kraft Retracts fitted and a webra 61 (red top) engine. Also have a Phantom fitted with an OS max 4o engine. Both would need restoring but have never been crashed.

Name:	Ec89156.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	337178  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just bought out a gentleman who was getting out of the hobby. One of the planes was a very nice Curare with a blackhead Rossi and air retracts, no flight pack. I am planning to sell it and a few of the other planes. I dont know who makes the Curare or how much they are worth. Any suggestions?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Several companies made different versions of the Curare - MK most recently. The value of the plane will also vary considerably. There are all-wood versions (MK), glass fuselage versions w/ foam wings, etc.. The value is also going to depend on how well built it was, damage, possibility of fuel-soaked wood, condition and type of retracts, covering vs paint, etc., etc.. Don't listen to any of the guys on this forum tho - you should just sell it to me.

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ever considered the cosmos? nice plane! (here's mine), very good for slow roll......

Name:	Hf99873.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	368759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg15799.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	368760  
    http://thecoolandcrazy.blogspot.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

check this out, u can buy the curare and blue angel!! http://www.rcaerosport.com/shopping/mk.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Snaproll,

Nice plane! Tell us more about it - size, engine, who kits it, where to get it, etc.. I've never seen one before.

Also, where is rcaerosport located? I looked over their site and couldn't find any info. I was wondering if the kit prices are in US $ and how much shipping would be on the kits.

tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Tim,
    Going to take some pics today. It has a fiberglass fuse and foam wing. Really nice paint job
    No hangar rash to speak of. Cant tell yet what type the air retracts are. They look like they are in great shape. The fitting on my air pump is different than the one mounted on the fuse so I havent been able to pressurize the system yet. I thought I might take it out to the field and run the engine a little.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can't wait to see the pics! With a glass fuselage, it could have been one of a number of different mfg's that kitted the plane over the years. Unfortunately, I don't have all the info on who did them. Several of the guys here on the forum could probably give you a better idea of who all kitted the Curare w/ a glass fuse (Impactiq, 8178 among others). There were other spinoffs of the Curare too, i.e. the Great Planes Tiporare and its varients that all are very Curare-like. Prices for the Curares that I've seen sold start around $150 and go up from there.

Be careful firing up that Rossi, especially if she has a pipe attached!! You may fall in love and NEVER want to sell the plane. <g>

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Cosmos was another Naruke design, and was the prelude to the Aurora. Was also an MK kit, only saw one in person, but dozens flew the MK Aurora in the mid 80's. MK used to kit many pattern models in 20/40/60 sizes. Their current offerings seem to be for the 1.40 size & with a few (Alliance & Synergy) designed around the YS 63 and a few others designed for YS 91-110's. Beautiful all balsa kits, machine cut but far nicer than any laser cut kit I have ever seen.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Probably the most popular fiberglass Curare kits were from "Quality Line Kits", they far outnumbered the other variants (at least in our area) at the time. They also made a "Minare", which was a 45 sized version.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: snap_roll

check this out, u can buy the curare and blue angel!! http://www.rcaerosport.com/shopping/mk.htm

------------------

Running the MK Curare 60 kit through the currency converter yielded a price of $223.96, plus shipping.
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tipo750

Probably the most popular fiberglass Curare kits were from "Quality Line Kits", they far outnumbered the other variants (at least in our area) at the time. They also made a "Minare", which was a 45 sized version.

-------------

Was that the line of kits being sold by Hobby Barn? Hobby Barn sold a lot of fiberglass and foam pattern kits in those days.
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Fxrs_tim

Snaproll,

Nice plane! Tell us more about it - size, engine, who kits it, where to get it, etc.. I've never seen one before.

Also, where is rcaerosport located? I looked over their site and couldn't find any info. I was wondering if the kit prices are in US $ and how much shipping would be on the kits.

tim

the cosmos is kitted by MK models (or kato) , rcaerosport is located in singapore... i got the cosmos for free!!
    the engine inside is a mordified rear exhaust enya 61 , with OS carb . its a 60size pattern plane using futaba 3003 servos all around,features trike gear retracts and flaps ! the price is in sing dollars, 1us dollar= 1.62 sing dollars for ur info

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone have the details on a "Super Curare"? I think it was kitted by MK with fiberglas fuselage and foam wings. Was there any difference between the Super and the other versions discussed above?

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Impressive aircraft those are flaps I presume- regarding slow rolls can you say what part(s) of your airframe enhances that maneuver??

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
    Fast Richard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fuselage side area . . . or speed - the more the better. Current designs have lots of fuselage and fly a lot slower than pattern ships of 25 years ago. Look at the Dirty Birdy or the Arrow for example: minimal fuselage profile, yet both rolled very well and flew fast. I built a modified Dirty Birdy with swept wings (not a lot of sweep) and it rolled great powered by an OS .61VF.
    My 2 cents
    Will B.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave

The Super Curare was a Quality Line Kit sold by Hobby Barn. I can't give you any details. Like I said before, sure would be nice if Hobby Barn or someone would bring back the Quality Line Kits for a short run. Would anyone out there know who/where Hobby Barn was having them made?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know who made/got the molds for the Hobby Barn kits, but Great Planes sold all of their fiberglass kits, including the Tipo, to Kitty Hawk models:

Kitty Hawk Models
    RR 2 Box 288
    Paoli IN 47454
    812-723-3601

I talked to the guy at KHM a few months ago and he really isn't producing anything any more, but said that he may have a couple of Tipo fuses tucked away. It'd sure be nice if somebody would start producing these again... Dan???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Fxrs_tim

It'd sure be nice if somebody would start producing these again... Dan???
    It is already in the works. Even got the OK from Dick Hanson himself to do so. With a little luck...and time (which is not on my side right now) I should have something ready to go with in the early/mid part of the year. I half to get a few other projects done first though...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great news!! Definitely put me down as an interested party. I found an MK Curare for sale locally yesterday (at a reasonable price too), so I think I'll snatch it up and put it away for now. I'm about 3/4 done w/ an MK right now, but put it on the back burner while I assemble a Swallow EX. The swallow will be done this week and then the Curare work renews.

Tim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast