Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

The “Classic Pattern” forum - the creative part of the RC hobby

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

The “Classic Pattern” forum - the creative part of the RC hobby

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:21 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The “Classic Pattern” forum - the creative part of the RC hobby

The creative building part of the RC hobby was always and continues to be an essential and wonderful part of flying the great competition airships of the 60s through the 80s. Nothing in the RC hobby gives you more satisfaction than selecting your new pattern aircraft and then building it from plans or kit and then having the awesome pleasure of flying it in competition or just flying a classic for fun. That is the way it was done back then and it just continues to get better and better every year!

We lobbied RCU for our own forum and the “classic pattern” forum was born June 5, 2005. In just a few short months it has grown to be a very interesting place to hang out and discuss some of the greatest aircraft that have ever flown. If you love the classics, then you know how to build them and this is the place to be!! From my last count, we have a least four build threads going on right now and I know there are more to come shortly, that’s pretty darn neat!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:37 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The “Classic Pattern” forum - the creative part of the RC hobby

Well, I for one am really glad I stumbled across this forum. R/C from the classic era just seems to have everything I love about the hobby: incredibly beautiful planes that are hand made from a time when aesthetics were as important as performance, people that are easily the most knowledgable in the hobby (most of you guys were actually there as the engines and radios developed into what we have today), and a great level of helping and sharing. As someone with a couple of degrees in history I'm naturally biased towards this sort of thing. But I also think that there high points in any long term endeavor, or hobby for that matter, and the designs from the classic era - as far as I'm concerned - mark the high point in R/C.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:55 AM
gillesfireagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gentlemen:

After a rather long hiatus, I am now retired and in a position to return to my favorite hobby - "stunt" R/C.

My last pattern plane was Hanno Prettner MAGIC [flown in Singapore - 1983] , and my favorite BLUE ANGEL succumbed to flutter - I was too slow on the throttle thumb - and planted itself into the Ezieza Airport R/C field in Buenos Aires. Still have both engines.

I was made to understand that we have a resurgence of "stunt" flying and I would very much appreciate a connect to individuals and organizations in the Brevard County area in Florida.

Thank You!

Gilles Fireagle
Palm Bay, Florida, home of the reknowned Dave Platt, scale flyer par excellence.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:59 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gillesfireagle

Gentlemen:

After a rather long hiatus, I am now retired and in a position to return to my favorite hobby - "stunt" R/C.

My last pattern plane was Hanno Prettner MAGIC [flown in Singapore - 1983] , and my favorite BLUE ANGEL succumbed to flutter - I was too slow on the throttle thumb - and planted itself into the Ezieza Airport R/C field in Buenos Aires. Still have both engines.

I was made to understand that we have a resurgence of "stunt" flying and I would very much appreciate a connect to individuals and organizations in the Brevard County area in Florida.

Thank You!

Gilles Fireagle
Palm Bay, Florida, home of the reknowned Dave Platt, scale flyer par excellence.

--------------

Welcome back to the hobby.

If you haven't seen these kids flying 3D yet, you are in for one heck of a surprise.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:58 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

ORIGINAL: gillesfireagle

Gentlemen:

Thank You!

Gilles Fireagle

--------------

Welcome back to the hobby.

If you haven't seen these kids flying 3D yet, you are in for one heck of a surprise.
Ya got that right.

I fly 3d, but this is still my favorite forum.

50%