Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Kaos flew perfect!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 07:08 PM
jeffo
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kaos flew perfect!

Yesterday I flew my Chaos and she flies awesome.All it needed was a couple of clicks of up trim.I got 8 ounces of lead in front,so i'll take 2 ounces out and try it again.This is one of the cleanest flying planes I ever flew.I have a Saito 150 F.S. for power,it pulls it with authority.I basically was flying it 1/2 throttle doing loops,rolls,inverted flight and stall turns effortlessly.One thing that stood out for me is the glide.The plane came in at 13 lbs.,I had a dead stick a little ways out.It just scooted into my final turn,brought it down on the deck and she settled right down right on the runway and had it rolled right up to me.What else can you ask for.Sunday can't come soon enough.
-Jeffo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec90017.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	436147  
Old 03-31-2006, 08:42 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Kaos flew perfect!

That looks great jeffo. Did you use fabric covering? I hope to fly my new 42" Kaos very soon. I can't wait.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:43 PM
mmattockx

Hey Jeffo,

Great looking Kaos. Is this the 80" span Big Chaos from Bluebird? They list the weight as 13.5lb, so you did a great job to come in light with all your ballast. Is it film covering? How was building that monster?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-03-2006, 04:11 AM
jeffo
My Feedback: (68)

Matt-
Yes it is a Bluejay kit.The quality of the kit is excellent.I had the whole plane built in a month in my spare time.It was one the easiest planes I've built in a long time.The covering is solartex and sprayed with topflight crystal clear.It cost me ten bucks for the vinyl lettering.(well worth it)I had some problems with the motor yesterday.It ran great on the ground,but after a couple of laps around the field she started to start loading up.The carb guru's at the field were perplexed,I popped the valve covers off and adjusted the tappets,they were .005 more than they were suppose to be.I'll also try pure synthetic 15% nitro fuel.Glow plug is perfect.I'll take another whack at it sometime this week.
-Jeffo
Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Warren
My Feedback: (72)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Jeffo!

The Kaos rocks, in all sizes.

By the way, Saitos all love 30% heli fuel... Lots of power, and tickover idles and quick/smooth transitions.