Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Jack Stafford Chipmunk?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:37 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jack Stafford Chipmunk?

Anybody have any experiences with this one?

http://www.rcstore.com/rs/general/de...6671&catego=PL

I just can't seem to leave it alone and I think it would make a great sport plane with a ST 51 on the nose.

Mark
Old 08-10-2006, 12:18 AM
tony-howard
My Feedback: (224)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jack Stafford Chipmunk?

I agree - I think would make a great sport aerobatic plane. I've long thought it was a great looking model too. It did well enough that the late Cliff Wierick flew it at the Internats held in Corsica in 1967. Stafford's kit's were all well done in my opinion and his original Chipmunk kit sometimes shows up on eBay, etc.

My Stafford Chipmunk kit's not for sale <grin>. I do have a set of the original plans from MAN I might part with since I have the kit and the original MAN issue that the plans were in.

Tony
Old 08-10-2006, 12:23 AM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tony-howard

I do have a set of the original plans from MAN I might part with since I have the kit and the original MAN issue that the plans were in.

Tony
Thanks for the reply, Tony. I have looked longingly at the Chipmunk for many years and kick myself for not buying a JS kit when they were still available. MAN is still selling the plans (from the link I posted) and that would be the route I will take if I go for one. All this Chipmunk talk has me dreaming of an Ohio R/C 81" Super Chipmunk, too. Mmmm...

Mark
Old 08-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Mike Denest
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here ya go. http://www.jsmodels.com/Chipmunk.htm You can fly it in the VR/CS meets also.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:11 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

In the early 70s a really good Northwest pattern flyer flew a Chipmunk in pattern competition. He did extremely well in the air but lost points on take off and landings. I’ve always thought that they were a neat looking and flying aircraft.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:39 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got both the original magazine article and the full size plans. Years ago, I also had the kit which a buddy was to build for me, but lost track of him and the plane.[]