Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

JM Glass craft humming bird .15

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default JM Glass craft humming bird .15

I just got one. Has anyone in here built and flown it?
Old 09-07-2011, 05:30 PM
airraptor

Default RE: JM Glass craft humming bird .15

It looks more like a Phonix 8 now that i look at it more. It is a fiberglass fus with foam wings.
I have different engines to try with it. just need to see if want all out speed or slow and steady speed through the pattern.

It will do 100 or so with my slow engines or close to 140 with the rear exhaust 18.

Should i do retracts or wire skid lol so many choices.
No one has built one????
Old 09-07-2011, 06:18 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was looking through the threads the other day after seeing your post as someone recently build a JMG kit. Couldn't find it but its there somewhere. I actually bought a Fun-X kit from John a couple of years ago and it is truly a mini Phoenix (note the play on words). In the kit he sent a one page flyer with the Hummingbird on it. I believe he no longer has that mold and so has stopped producing them.

One day I'll build the Fun-X but I'll likely make it an electric. On the larger Hummingbird (I figured it might have been a mini Tweedy Bird...), a nice glow engine sounds like quite the kit.

What RE 18 do you have for power?

David.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:30 PM
airraptor

Not sure i want to give away a secret lol but here is the combo that is very strong. You better have your airframe built to handle the power.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHLV9&P=0 engine

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJPZ5&P=Z rear cover plate

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXD36&P=Z carb

you will need to grind off the pull start pin off the crank. then will need to have the head put in a lath so it can be turned down to a normal looking head. You need to run the CV carb to claer the prop. With this carb will need to make a Aluminum carb spacer so it will seal in the larger crank carb hole.

The last thing you will need is to make a special prop nut that will go down into the prop some and fit.

It will turn a Normal APC 7x6 at just over 19,000 and if in a claen plane will unload to around 20-20,500 this will get you around 135-145 in a small light plane. The APC 6.5x6 pylon prop is over 23,000
Old 10-08-2023, 12:22 AM
motorhead540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I probably won't do the kit justice but I have one of these that I hope to build. I have the glass fuse and a set of foam wing cores also is a rolled set of plans with some luck and guidance I plan to make all the suggested parts as required from the plans as I have no other parts ...plan on going E power if I can make the same sort of power as the suggested nitro would make .
Sure would be nice to find some more info on this ...
Wish a guy some luck in this project