Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Need Redefined SPA or New Class!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 04:56 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Redefined SPA or New Class!!

Hello Daddy Rabbit,

Don't want to get off the subject but regarding noise I have been told that my current pattern ship with an O.S.91FX with factory stock muffler and an APC 13x9 is a low Db set up
Now lets start planning some contests in the Mid Atlantic region![8D]
Old 10-30-2003, 05:30 PM
astropuppy
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Cass, how about posting a picture of your BAR Rabbit for the 2M folks.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:59 PM
DADDYRABBIT

I would if I only knew how......I tried posting the USA "Hand Launch" Rabbit but to no such luck...
GW is more up on this computer stuff than myself.....GW, post the hand launch photo along with the BAR photo if you still have them.....BAR is a one of a kind, that's for sure....The "Standard", yes standard, ST 2300 will go out-of-sight.....17x10N APC....Fox idle bar plug......Also run one on the 1/4 scale Cap 232....run a 18x6 Top Flight....
Mr. Mc.......
I'm ready to head that way........need alittle time off<g>.......my boss is "Hard Nose"......Hump met him when he came to Guntersville this past summer.....came 3 hours past Knoxville to practice with coach and myself and then drove back to K'ville for the SPA meet.....Now, you guy's need to plan on making atleast Knoxville next year.....We'll just have a regular meet there and then hold the Masters there that way you all(ya'll)can make 2 meets......

Take care guy's and looking forward to meeting and getting things going up that way!!!!!!!!!!

DADDYRABBIT
BAR RABBIT<G>
Old 10-31-2003, 02:12 PM
astropuppy
My Feedback: (23)

Cass,

You can email the pictures to me and I'll post them for you.

Better yet, send the complete BAR Rabbit to me, I'll take a few pictures and send it back. I'll also need the transmitter for some inflight shots.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:28 PM
Deadstik
My Feedback: (8)

Cass,

The plane in my avitar is a Killer Kaos. In just a little while the avitar will change as it is in the process of being recovered at this time. I don't know why, but the ultracote is lifting everywhere and especially at the seams... who knows... It was my first and last time for that stuff... back to Monokote.... anyway.. it flies great... and in its present state, I believe a "legal" spa bird.... now where did I put that pipe????>>>LOL

Dan

aka deadstik
Old 10-31-2003, 05:38 PM
humptybump

I just got home from work and have a minute (before the kids start ringing the doorbell for CANDY) to respond.

Tom And Dan.......I will help in anyway i can to get something started. I don't have a problem sending in a sanction request ( I'm still an AMA Leader Member and CD). The Board of Directrors of SPA will shortly be making some rules changes . I want to see what's actually changing before i get knee deep in a contest up here. For the first contest......The "Fly what you bring" thing is the way to go in my eyes right now. Something to think about. We can probably pull a couple of guys from Newport News area. If Dan is interested in doing it at his field in NC....That's cool also.....NC is spitting distance compared to Tenn. or Bama

CASS.......Nice to see ya log on......I figured you might come up.....Cause if i go to all that trouble.....I'll HOUND you to DEATH to make it up here....You know that.....Then we can play some....ha ha ha ha

Well.....Got to log off........Some of these Kids at the door are sooo cute. The better costumes get extra candy.........Happy halloween........John
Old 11-02-2003, 12:53 PM
GW-inactive
My Feedback: (4)

Cant find the pics of the DR handlaunch or BAR pics.

Maybe you can find them Cass, and send them to me or John. We will upload them for you.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Sport_Pilot

Default RE: I agree

ORIGINAL: LaCerne

This sounds like fun to me. Perhaps SPA would be willing to create a class for "Pattern Bombs". The mid to late 80's were the best time for pattern in my opinion! I'd love to find an old UFO, or Dirty Birdy, and do it up right!
Unfortunately the SPA seems happy just the way things are. Someone would have to do this themselfs. Maybe start it with a post 76 10cc pattern contest?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:22 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Default RE: I agree

Sport Pilot, good suggestion- then again I'd want to compete with the OS91FX from the stand point of price,power and reliability. Years back I ordered a Cajun Prod's. TigertailIV and found at the time 1999,that It was next to impossible to get a rear exhaust 10cc so I settled on the 91 which seems to equate to the same power as a screaming 10ccwith pipe and with out all the associated problems noise one of them. Just my 2 cents.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16460.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	72617  
Old 07-05-2015, 02:16 PM
tommy s
My Feedback: (55)

If you guys want to spend money on retracts and pipes there is already the Classic Pattern Association which allows them. I personally like the SPA just like it is. I am flying a Bridi Sun Fli IV which ready to fly costs less than the motor in my 2 meter ship. You should try it...the
SPA is a lot of fun.

tommy s
Old 07-06-2015, 09:52 AM
308jockey

Tommy check the dates on this thread, it's an oldie.

Rick H.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:25 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

12 year bump. Wow!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:49 AM
time907356

Really !! I was scanning the forum and noticed the same thing. 12 years, wow! And now there's the C.P.A., thanks in large part to Robert.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:00 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

I'm glad for CPA--there was a need for those who love the speed and the retracts--now CPA fills that need. Frankly I tired of trying to explain and defend SPA on threads like this one. SPA was founded on the concept of "simple and inexpensive". Yes the 4-strokes were allowed, but as Steve said, (12 years ago), that came about because of noise requirements at our Knoxville contests. The planes look better with retracts, but retracts and pipes are "add-ons", and not "ESSENTIAL" to have fun flying pattern.

Personally, my blood pressure already gets higher than it should be with my SPA planes. I actually prefer a slower, elegant maneuver. A lot of SPA pilots have joined both organizations, and I think they are making peace with each other.

All the best
Duane