Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Smaller pattern ships question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Mad Man Marko-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smaller pattern ships question?

Ed

I also had a Pepermint Pattie back in the 80's. Got the plans from Nic Damuck who used to fly at Windingbrook RC in Connecticut. Had a Veco 19 in mine and it was FAAAST. Wish I could remember where the plans are now. Also had a Midwest Chipmunk fomie with an OS 19 for power and it was another rocket. We used to have spin contests to see who could do fifty turns.

Little planes are lots of fun.

Mark O
Old 11-23-2006, 09:37 AM
somiss1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smaller pattern ships question?

I built a Bobcat, the .40 sized TigerTail, covered it in dope and silkspan and then some lite coats of Superpoxy. I installed Goldberg retracts, an OS .25FSR with one of the first Mac pipes for .25 sized engines and used KPS 12 servos for an all up weight of 3.5 lbs. What a sweet flying airplane that would honk on the pipe! I got it into a flat spin one day and couldn't get it out. It was spinning so fast, so I lowered the gear and it landed in some tall grass- no damage! I have witnesses! Boy, would I love to get another Bobcat! Southern R/C made some really great aircraft. Anybody remember the Alley Cat? It was the best trainer that I ever saw and it was a low wing aircraft! I could roll mine inverted, trim in a touch of down trim and fly hands off inverted!
Frank