Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

World A-6 Intruder

Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Trisquire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World A-6 Intruder

Tetra and/or Jett tanks don't require foam rubber isolation, and you can run them until they're almost empty. With traditional tanks, you have to leave enough fuel in the tank to keep the clunk submerged.

Tom
Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Wingwrecker

Crap.. I forgot about the foam.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 PM
turboomni

Thanks ED for the reply. I have tinkered with my own designs but built kits alot in the 1980's and always isolated the tank as well as possible with foam etc. I was also used to upgrading the tank to a larger size than the plans called for and make it work. This Intruder doesn't seem all that willing to let me do that very easily! I have been thinking about using a helicopter type header tank as it could sit beside the main and keep air out as well as adding abit more fuel,,,like 2 to 4 ounces. Do airplane guys do this? I am mainly a heli guy these days. Since I will not be attending any contests [SPA} my motor of choice will have to be a Saito 100 I got at a very good price. It is lighter than my OS 61 SF . I work on weekends so most contests are out of the question,. If I can attend a meet and enter in Novice will it be legal to use the Saito?
Thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Trisquire

Tetra and/or Jett tanks don't require foam rubber isolation, and you can run them until they're almost empty. With traditional tanks, you have to leave enough fuel in the tank to keep the clunk submerged.

Tom

I'm going to have to try one of those two types of fuel tanks. I'll try to find something with a really clinched in front end to test the bubble-free characteristic and then power it up with a strong engine.

Ed Cregger
Old 03-24-2009, 01:18 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: N2ECW

ORIGINAL: Trisquire

Tom

I'm going to have to try one of those two types of fuel tanks. I'll try to find something with a really clinched in front end to test the bubble-free characteristic and then power it up with a strong engine.

Ed Cregger

Hmmm, I just got back into glow model helis after a brief hiatus (got my old Raptor 30 V1 back from a very good friend). I think I'll try a Jett or Tetra fuel tank on that first. That should be a fantastic test for we who detest air bubbles in our fuel line.

Ed Cregger