Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Conquest VII..(Correction..Conquest IV)

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Conquest VII..(Correction..Conquest IV)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:30 AM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Conquest VII..(Correction..Conquest IV)

Hiya...Does anyone have any instructions or drawings for the Conquest VII they would be willing to share??

I came across one and it has no paper type information...I could probably muddle my way through it as it's pretty well in the ARC stage...I just kinda would like any info that is available ya know...I mostly need Firewall placement and CG info...I was also kinda wondering if there were suppose to be any additional bulkheads or doublers installed in the fuse...There is one bulkhed installed @ the wing leading edge and the wing mounting block is in place...There are also some wood "longerons" which are glassed in aft of the wing...So maybe that's it??

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

I got a Desire and a couple of Hanno's from this fellow too!! Kewl Dude!! My OS Engine collection is now starting to rival my YS..he he

Have Fun...

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31778.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	727820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rn39294.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	727821  
Old 07-22-2007, 03:24 AM
Atlanta 60

Default RE: Conquest VII..

Ahh...Crud...I so dumb..he he...I just found the drawing...I set it off to the side of the garage while I was unloading the car...lol...So I have all the info I needed...Geeze..

As it turns out...This one is a Phillips Aircraft Conquest rather than a Rocket City...Huh..How about that...

Thanks...

Chuck
Old 07-22-2007, 04:27 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

That would be a Conquest IV then as R/C City kitted the Conquest VI and Conquest VII. Glad you found the necessary drawings as I was about to start rummaging through my plans for the C-VII plans I have.
Lots of great projects (the Desire looks good) - Have FUN
-Will B.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:47 PM
antique opa

Thats a nice engine collrction you have there.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Atlanta 60

Dang willy..Cant slip anything by you..he he

Ya know...If I'd have had the print when I typed that...lol...It's right there in black and white...Well..Black and Brown (Old Print..he he)

Conquest IV it is indeed...So How does it fly?? I searched a bit for Conquest info and didn't come up with a whole lot...I read some comments (maybe you willy??) that the VI and VII were really nice flyers...I guess I'll go back and search some more for the Right Plane this time...lol

This Desire is Really Nice!! The guy's done some great work to this stage...The Wings are Gorgeous...And Light...Hope I don't muck it up..he he

antique opa :
Thanks...

Chuck
Old 07-23-2007, 08:11 PM
flywilly
My Feedback: (121)

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Conquest VII..(Correction..Conquest IV)

Hi Chuck,
I preferred the VI over the VII as it had a bit more lateral area. Both flew well and fast. Great airplane in the wind. I think my Conquest VI had about 650 flights on it ith a Hanno Special. I still have to build my .60 size Desire. I have the glass parts and the cores. I had the wing cores modified for thinner tips. I tried the same thing on a Runaround and loved it. Keep us posted as you get these 'classics' airborn!!
-Will
Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That engine collection IS nice!! Many of those look NIB! It's good to stock up though, since they won't last forever.

The Conquest IV looks great. These projects are priceless, savor it.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 PM
Atlanta 60

Thanks Guys...

Nathan:
I just really started getting those OS's..I've never owned an OS Engine before in my life...lol

The only NIB is the Side Exhaust which is closest in the pic...I got that one so I'd have a spare carb and pump (just in case..lol)...I really don't want the side exhaust engine...In fact the "Other" side exhaust is just left over spare parts from a RF conversion...If I can ever find a 7L carburetor I'll wind up having a normal OS 61SF engine outta the deal...I may have to just get a Perry carb for it?? The 7L's are very tough to come by...

The empty RF case will be a Nice RF-P when It's done!! It has a large rear bearing...The crankshaft, pump/carburetor and other associated parts are sitting in that box in the center of the engines...I'm waiting on a Piston/Liner, Cylander Head and Bearings to put it together...I don't really need the Head but I want to go ahead and get a new one cause this will wind up being a Really Nice Engine...

I'm a tinkerer by nature...I've been going through these guys...I must say they are Nice Engines...The Hanno in particular is really something...I took the "Pink Head" Hanno apart...I "Thought" it may have a bearing problem...It really wasn't a bad bearing it just needed some cleaning...I was really impressed while I had it apart...The RF's are Neat Engines!! But the Hanno is a "Cut Above"...

I lucked up and found another OS Header and Bolly CF Pipe!! I am Stoked about that...

The Pink Head Hanno and the RF-P in back are both ready to run...Well actually the Red Head Hanno (lol) is also ready...It's a very low time engine so it really doesn't need anything that I can tell..Provided the pump check's out OK...I wanna run the Pink Head after work tomorrow...Hopefully the pump works and it runs decent...If I have a chance..I could run the Std RF-P tomorrow also...I'm re-working my test stand so I can run them upright first...Then I want to be able to flip them over and run them inverted as well...I really can't get too serious because I don't have the correct props yet...I just want to run them and see if the pumps check out and such...

Have Fun...

Chuck
Old 07-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, we have a big engine guy in our club. He showed me a Hanno last year and it was amazing! A real technological marvel in my opinion.

Anyway, he has a zillion engines: http://bobsengines.com/current_engine_list.htm I'll be going over to his shop and checking some more engines out in a while.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Atlanta 60

Geeze...That guy does have a zillion engines!!

Chuck