Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Classic Pattern Plane Image-base

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:47 PM
casniffer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic Pattern Plane Image-base

Hi,
I have been collecting pictures of classic pattern planes for a while. I started this as a reference for my own use when browsing this forum. I wanted to know what the planes discussed in this forum look like. If you would like to contribute specs or other information and pictures, please email me using the link on the page. I will be happy to include them. If any corrections need to be made, please let me know. This is the first of several pages to come.
Thanks
CAsniffer

[link=http://www.trentonrcflyers.com/pattern/pattern1.htm]Classic Pattern Planes Page 1[/link]
Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 PM
hallstro

Default RE: Classic Pattern Plane Image-base

Nice work! Thank-you for your efforts and..keep it up!

Dave
Old 01-15-2008, 06:32 AM
WEDJ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very very nice!

One correction - you have listed Eureka Banshee, the one in silver and Orange. It's actually the J&J kit, photo was from 1973.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:15 AM
casniffer

WEDJ,
Thanks for the input. I will make the correction when I get home this evening.

CAsniffer
Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 AM
perttime

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I noticed that you have a picture of the Flamingo.
I have that pic saved because I like the look but the only information is from http://homepages.tig.com.au/~doogie/personalhp2.htm
Is there anything more?
Old 01-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Jeff Worsham
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi CASniffer, Just a note about the one labeled Avenger- I believe it's actually called Revenger from May 78 of RCM. Was going to paste the link here from the RCM Plansite but it's strangely missing now. Was there 7-10 days ago when we were discussing it on this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6844233/tm.htm

The one called Avenger is still showing on the RCM Plansite, but it's more of a shoulder wing "strike attack" looking design.

Thank you for compiling the pictures for reference, I think it's a good idea and suspect a guy would be flattered to find their build used as a reference photo for a given design.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
casniffer

Jeff,
Thanks for the input. I will make the change tonight. This means I will have to re-order all the pictures. At some point, I will have to find a better way to keep them in alphabetical order.

Thanks

CAsniffer.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:00 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

This is REALLY cool! Quite a lot of work to build this. Just a few little corrections. About 1/2 way down in the right hand column, the model labeled "Crusader" is a "Curare" . Directly under that, the model labeled "Curare" is a "Magic"

Hope you can keep building on this.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just love the idea! When I have a couple of models built, I'll send some pics.

FB
Old 01-15-2008, 06:47 PM
casniffer

I appreciate the support and encouragement. I have made the three corrections offered by MMcConville, Jeff Worsham and WEDJ. I still have at least one more page of planes to add and will start working on that tonight. I will post what I accomplish.

CAsniffer
Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
casniffer

While we're on the subject, has anyone ever heard of this model? I don't know if its a one-off or an obscure kit.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91779.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	852236  
Old 01-15-2008, 07:35 PM
airbusdrvr

Super! Can't wait until you get to Z. I see this link is to a web site. Can it be copied to a file? Hmm, I'm going to have to look into that. It would be nice to save it in case sometime in the future the website were no longer available.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:29 PM
WEDJ

Thanks for your effort. We will all benefit from your work.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
casniffer

Woo Hoo! Page number 2 is available! It didn't take me as long as I thought. It helps if you have a bulk image re-sizer to make all the thumbnails. Did 50 files at a time in less than 20 seconds! Software is called Fotosizer. You can choose a single image to resize or an entire folder...whatever size you want. Its great for web work like this or to resize images for those digital photo frames. I always take digital pictures at the highest resolution the camera is capable of and resize. Sounds like a commercial, huh. I have no affiliation with this software. My enthusiasm comes from the fact that its freeware and easy to use!
Click here to download. http://www.fotosizer.com/download.aspx
I put a link to the second page from the first page. You can't miss it. Again, please let me know if I need to make any corrections.
If there's something you think doesn't qualify as a classic pattern plane, let me know and I will remove it. If you have an image(s) you would like to see included, send them to me or tell me where it is.

Not too many left for page 3. Hope to get to that tomorrow night.
Thanks
[link=http://www.trentonrcflyers.com/pattern/pattern1.htm]Classic Pattern Planes[/link]

Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Wow!! That is Really Nice!! Great Job!!

Chuck
Old 01-16-2008, 09:31 AM
WEDJ

This is a major effort, and you deserve praise. Don't be discouraged by the people sending you "corrections," it's all for the good.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: WEDJ

This is a major effort, and you deserve praise. Don't be discouraged by the people sending you "corrections," it's all for the good.
Right!! No one individual know's it all...It's the collective knowledge or all these fine folks in this forum that keep me coming back!!

What you have done is really super!! I admire your work!! Thank You!!

(You appear to be of this mindset)...But hopefully your accepting the corrections as polishing the fine database you have already created...Rather than criticism...(I'm about 110% positive it's NOT being offered as critisism)...Heck...If you asked me to name all those Aircraft you have pictured I'd get about 20% right at Best...

I am/was attempting to set up a Linux based server myself and it's kickin' my arse so far...Have you seen the guys talking about that?? I envisioned it to be somewhat similar to what you already have going...But with the addition of data storage for fullsize blueprints ect...And a decent front end to navigate with...

I think the origional idea was kinda like combining the concept you have with the guys who have already uploaded some drawings to some free storage sites...Except hosted on a bit faster, secure server...

I have the hardware...I always wanted to try my hand at setting up a server but never got around to it...So I had asked a Guru buddy of mine who does this stuff for a living to help me out...We havn't been able to get together yet though...

Would you..Could you be interested in doing something like that??

Just Curious...I'll keep trying if not...I'm about Determined to conquer the beast since it's hacked me off so bad...

But we may get there quicker since it appears you already know what your doing...

Great Website...Thanks for the kewl Classic Pattern page(s)

Chuck
Old 01-16-2008, 12:20 PM
MHester

Awesome awesome and AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are a few in there that really light my fire. It might be worthwhile to make a note beside the ones that are SPA legal? Just a thought. Not that you need anymore work but....some of those planes might be SPA legal and have the kind of lines that a more BPA-ish person might like, but has never seen before.

Whoever built the King Altair that is the first one on the second page (Duane?) that is the most killer King I have ever seen. It has some very Atlanta-ish lines to it. Now if it just had retracts and a pipe....LOL

-Mike
Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 PM
casniffer

WEDJ and all,
I welcome the corrections. Since this is my first contribution to the RC community, I want the information to be as accurate as possible. Since I pulled all the images, names and some descriptions from the internet, I have to maintain a measure of trust that the information is correct. I don't have a problem with corrections or criticism...my ego was lobotomized long ago.
I say all this with a
I've got about a 1/4 to a 1/2 of a page of planes to go and a few more corrections and additions. Thanks for all the input and look forward to continuing this thread.

CAsniffer
Old 01-16-2008, 12:43 PM
casniffer

MHester,
My original intention was to restrict this project to SPA-legal planes, but when doing my "research" I found that there are just too many fantastic, cool, great looking, famous, (insert your adjective here) classic pattern planes to limit it to SPA only. These pages are only three days old and I still have to add any descriptions I have. One of the tags I intend to add is to indicate SPA-Legal status. Is there a list of planes that qualify as BPA planes?
I appreciate your input and compliments, MHester.

Thanks!

CAsniffer

Old 01-16-2008, 03:12 PM
tommy s
My Feedback: (55)

The "Shrike" by Bob Violett was an interesting airplane as it had a flying stab. If
you look at the pictures you can see that there are no elevators, just a one piece
stab. I never heard how this turned out but always was curious.

tommy s
Old 01-16-2008, 06:25 PM
airbusdrvr

CAsniffer, I'm impressed. This may be a long running project as more people see it, add planes to your data base, and correct some info. And correcting some names/info is to be expected when dealing with history and this many planes. Great job. Do you think at some point there might be a downloadable version that could be stored on individual computers? I'm sure you have seen that as time passes, sometimes a website is no longer maintained and the info is not available.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
djr1007

I immediately fell in love with the Super Lightning on page 2. I contacted casniffer and he gave me a link to info, even had a short build thread.
If anybody has one of these kits from flair products, plans, or leads on where to look (besides ebay), anything. I'll even give a finder's fee.
Thanks Guys!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
propbuster

What a great job and thanks for all the work putting it together!![8D]
Old 01-17-2008, 09:12 AM
WEDJ

Wow, you've been busy!

The Tiporare in Taurus colors is a Tiporare 750.

Great job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.