Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Javelin II

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Balsawings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Javelin II

I just wanted to pass along an e-mail response I got from Steven Chao from Cermark. I had inquired as to the date of design for the Javelin II and whether it would be legal for BPA Contest. Below is his response.

"The Javelin is pre 96, and should be BPA legal. Javelin II followed the original Javelin, which was available prior to 1984."

So, not only is the Javelin II a good choice for SPA Novice but is now a candidate for Sportsman and Expert classes in BPA.

I've been flying a Javelin II for almost a year now and can state with no reservations that this is a fantastic flying pattern ship. I've been flying the Sportsman schedule for the last six months and have started practicing the Expert schedule. With the OS .61, this plane will fly any meneuver with absolutely no problem.

Just thought some here might like to know.

Bob Cox
SPA 374
Miami, FL
CD-The Silver Palm Classic
November 1 & 2, 2008
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Jim_Purcha
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Javelin II

Unfortunately I inquired about the Javelin II a few weeks back and got a email back from Cermark stating it has been discontinued.

Jim
Old 07-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Yeah I found that out too (discontinued). I have a YS45 side exhaust engine I thought I could put to use on one of the Javelin II's. I kinda like the "Aurora-ish" look to the airplane and the price was great. Just cant get one.. []

Had a guy offer to see me a NIB kit but I really didn't have the cash at the time. Oh Well...

Glad to hear it's a BPA legal plane though.

Chuck
Old 08-22-2008, 03:24 PM
patternflyer76

Sorry, Thanks
Old 08-22-2008, 03:41 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

kevin,

i would edit the post. not allowed to post links to other websites or sell here. good luck.

david
Old 08-22-2008, 04:44 PM
MMcConville
My Feedback: (4)

I think that was a typo and 1984 should be 1994. The original Javelin was somehwere around 1992 to 1994. The Javelin II was much later. Not sure exactly, but not earlier than 1999 and I believe even later. In fact the factory that made them didnt exist much before 1997.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jim_Purcha

Unfortunately I inquired about the Javelin II a few weeks back and got a email back from Cermark stating it has been discontinued.

Jim
I featured the Javelin II in my SPA article from last year as one of the "Novice ARFS" that I would recommend in a "heartbeat". At the time I wrote the article I contacted Cermark, telling them their plane would be featured in the article and to expect a sales boost, but they described it as a "slow seller", and they were making plans to stop production.

I believe the article brought well-deserved attention to the Javelin, but true to their word, they first cut the price, then discontinued production. I still believe in "miracles" however, and hope that if enough people contact Cermark management REQUESTING the plane be re-released, any open-minded, reasonable company should respond. If World Models can change their minds and make plans to re-release a new and improved Intruder within 2 DAYS of being contected, (and I'm pretty sure they are not regretting that decision, since they have totally sold out two production runs since the reintroduction), Cermark can do the same.

SPA, and pattern in general NEEDS nice flying, reasonably-priced pattern plane ARFs for newcomers to get out there and practice, (and to be able to do it in a hurry). The Javelin II was one of the planes that really filled that niche. It was the closest thing to full-size SPA-legal aircraft out there. Many pilots ONLY flew the Javelin, being very loyal to that design.

There IS a market out there; the "vintage competition" market is growing all the time. I hope Cermark changes its mind. We will "forgive" you very quickly

See the Javelin..top row on the right

Duane
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98908.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1019187