Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Special Classic Pattern Event in Muncie, September 2009?

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Special Classic Pattern Event in Muncie, September 2009?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
mradcliff
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Special Classic Pattern Event in Muncie, September 2009?

Had a great time at the VR/CS event in Muncie last week. Bob Noll and his crew hosted a nice event. The induction of Ed Kazmerski's Tarus in the musem was AWSOME! I made many new friends and reunited with friends I hadn't seen in years. That's what modeling is really all about.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94935.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1284631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36171.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1284632   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81920.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1284633  
Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rusty;

It was great to get together with you and Dave. I always enjoy EXPERT pilots putting planes through their paces. Especially enjoyed the "BIG UN", (can't remember the name now).......really inpressive.

Thanks for letting me fly the Intruder. Your setting were just the way I like to fly, so at least we have THAT in common.

It was also "cool" to see the VR/CS boys rave over the flight performance of the Intruder...a tremendous deal, and a heck of a lot of plane for $199. The Intruder has had a lot to do with the recent growth of SPA, as many of the new pilots start with Intruders to "get their feet wet". They can fly that plane right up to Expert class. I'm proud to say I had something to do with its re-introduction in 2007.

It was a long drive for me to Muncie, but the memories made it worthwhile.

Duane
Old 09-30-2009, 07:45 PM
BERUSTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fun in the Sun (a little rain) in Muncie!

Kingaltair,

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and learning about your efforts advocating the continued production of the World Models Intruder. Although the model has many subtle and no so subtle variations/deviations from the original, it offers entry into the world of precision aerobatics on a minimum budget. The "Classic Pattern-Trader" Intruder is the reference for current and future reviews contained in the soon to be released September 2009 Classic Pattern-Trader and future issues. One of Pattern's all-time giants, Jim Kirkland, the designer of the original Intruder in 1970, is responsible for the developing the aircraft trimming and set-up process still relevant today.

In my opinion, Dave Guerin is the modern day "Pattern Giant". Dave has quietly designed (yes, many other designs/elements/concepts were contained) the Focus series of airplanes, which may have won more local, regional and national trophies than any other design. Before the Focus there were collaborations with Hyde with the Hydeout and the Hydeout biplane variation...the Scandalous biplane. The Dr. Jeckyl PHD, Sequel, the one I can never remember the name and worked with QuiQue Somenzini optimizing the Brio.

The photo below is of Dave and the Brio that he and QuiQue donated to the AMA Museum during the 2007 AMA NATS with prompting and coordination by me. The Brio is positioned on the far left of the "History of Precision Aerobatic" feature which contains the Kazmirski Taurus. The Brio represents the first electric model to win an AMA NATS as flown by QuiQue and expertly built by Dave Guerin. Dave has been one of the top builders to the stars since the early 90's and his work continues to bring some of the highest resale values in the open market.

Dave has been very patient with me over the years sharing his immense experience trimming and passion for R/C aerobatic models. I am the self appointed "biggest fan" and honor his friendship.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94933.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1285810  
Old 01-12-2010, 02:20 PM
BERUSTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Classic Tailgate Party in Muncie!

Finally, here is an excerpt from the January Classic Pattern-Trader (wow...what happened to my September deadline...)

Thank you for your interest!

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Editor, The Classic Pattern-Trader
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mk26077.pdf (2.05 MB, 22 views)
File Type: pdf
Qo39478.pdf (156.2 KB, 7 views)