Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > Classic RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Classic Pattern Event in Chicago...2010?

Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Classic Pattern Event in Chicago...2010?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 AM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Classic Pattern Event in Chicago...2010?

That's Larry's Dirty Birdy Ron, he used the same scheme on his Tipo also. Was that pic at Busse Woods? If so, I was there and met Larry at that one. I have a few old Polaroids from the RC3 contests in the late seventies that Larry (and Mups) attended too.
hook
Old 06-04-2010, 07:18 AM
hook57

Awesome Mike! I remember the Doucy brothers well (Mark and Dave) when the made the rounds back then. Great to see these guys coming back for some more. See you soon. Classic pattern lives!
hook
Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
mradcliff
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike it was great to see you also. How many years had it been...probably over 34 years since you said 76 was the last NATS you flew untill recently. Whish we had more time to talk. Maybe next year. Hopefully our paths will cross soon. Take care.
Mark
Old 06-04-2010, 06:00 PM
mradcliff

Hey Stunt flyer how's it going? A week ago we just met and started flying and helping each other. What a great hobby/sport to meet folks from all over the country with a common interest and become friends for life. Look forward to flying with you again. Take care Chris.
Mark
Attached Images  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:13 PM
crashlander
My Feedback: (10)

Mike M:
That seemed to be an awsome event.

There will be another Classic Pattern event down here in Apoka Florida Come November 19, 20 & 21, 2010. This event will combine Classic Paterrn along with AMA/FAI and will be a three day event to include the Classic and AMA/FAI style of flying.
Still working out the details and will be posting more information soon.

Orlando
Old 06-04-2010, 06:59 PM
RonMcCormick
My Feedback: (4)

Hook, I don't remember where the picture was taken. Larry was one of those guys I was always glad to see at contest. I was at all of the RC3 contest up to 79 when I quit.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:25 PM
hook57

Ron, I thought your name was familiar, I'm sure I'll recognize you when we get together. I was the CD for eitherRC3's '79' or '80' contest (can't remember which)!Anyhow, I look forward to meeting up with you again in the near future. But that pic sure looks like it was at Busse Woods (maybe Mike M can tell). Dang it, those Hawks just can't get it together!
hook
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mradcliff

Hey Stunt flyer how's it going? A week ago we just met and started flying and helping each other. What a great hobby/sport to meet folks from all over the country with a common interest and become friends for life. Look forward to flying with you again. Take care Chris.
Mark

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the note and I agree wholeheartedly, this is a wonderfully inclusive event that seems to have a lot of interest. The people are great, I had a lot of fun while learning so much. Thanks to you and the rest, Mark.
I've been playing "You bet your job" in recurrent training this week so I've been lurking a few minutes a night. I'm finished with that for 9 months so I'm itching to get back to practice with my Classic ships.
The Tipo is coming off of the wall next week, new digitals servos and I'm setting up the FSR with a pipe so I can get that run you have with your Phoenix. Rev Up 11x7 3/4's are going to be hard to find though!
I'll have to get that photo from you in an email, my wife wants a full size picture!
Chris...
Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 AM
BERUSTY

Parts, props, motors...Rusty probably has what you need!

Chris...a brand new Rev-Up 1 7 3/4 will be in the mail to your California address! Thank you for coming to Chicago and see you next year. Please (PM) me with your favorite address.

Alabama in August may be possible. I have a 34 foot RV that could take a pilot or two from Chicago. Call me at my office if you have an interest (312) 580-6838.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Old 06-05-2010, 12:50 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Rusty. An email is inbound.
Chris...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:38 AM
BERUSTY

Chicago Classic pattern Championships...create an event at your club!

Classic pattern is clearly on the minds of more and more pilots and based on the reception we received in Chicago, I encourage you to consider sponsoring an event at your club in 2010 or in 2011. To assist you in your efforts I am creating a "Classic Contest in a box" which is a collection of electronic files or templates designed to put you in position to run an enjoyable and successful event.

The "Classic Contest in a box" will include:

- Event Flyer Template or I will create one for you (no charge or fee!).
- Newsletter article to submit in your club newsletter (your editor is probably dieing for articles).
- Volunteer list to seek assistance within club.
- Scoring system with SPA/BPA classes pre-loaded with "k" factors.
- Basic promotion methodology.
- Free "Concours d'Elegance" plaques for Champion and Runner-up to recognize craftsmanship.

Step 1- Provide an article for your local club newsletter. See a sample of the article I submitted for the Fox Valley Aero Club newsletter. I will take this article and customize it for your newsletter, in the format the editor prefers with as little as 48 hours notice...just ask!

Step 2- Select a date.

Step 3- File the date with your AMA regional competition director. If you have never been a contest director, you can become one after completing a simple test and seek the assistance of your club contest director to be your co-CD.

Step 4- Create a thread here on RCU and Classic-PatternRC.com.

Step 5- Provide an article for your club newsletter discussing the event and volunteers needed. Don't forget to tell them that if you have at least (15) pilots and a $25 entry fee, provide them a modest lunch, provide free sodas and water, provide special plaques...you will probably break-even and may even provide a couple hundred dollar donation to the club treasury as well as reinforce your club's reputation and flying facility.

Step 6- Enjoy the experience!

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Promoting SPA/BPA Events around the world
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Tr51688.pdf (148.7 KB, 14 views)
Hc94096.pdf (26.8 KB, 14 views)
If10937.pdf (46.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-17-2010, 11:05 PM
EscapeFlyer
My Feedback: (1)

I wonder if we could pull together and try to convince Mr. Joe Bridi to come a Classic Competition event. We could pull together to make it worth his while. My understanding is that he still flies.