Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Need advice on OS 61FSR

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Texan
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on OS 61FSR

I have a couple of side exhaust OS 61FSR engines that are in good condition and I would like to use them for my classic pattern planes. The only problem is that I don't know the proper prop to use and the rpm to expect. One engine is a 61FSR ABC with 7D carb VR on the crankcase. The other is 61FSR ring with 7M carb and RK on the crankcase. I have one stock muffler but will probably go with the Macs muffler.

By the way, bearings are smooth on both engines and the compression on the ABC is VERY high.

QuestionsI don't have owners manuals)
What props should I be using on each engine?
What rpm should I expect from a healthy engine on stock muffler?
Nitro content of fuel?
Any glow plug suggestion?
The carbs are very different, any suggestions on setting?

Thanks,
Scott
Old 02-14-2010, 02:05 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need advice on OS 61FSR

The instructions say to use a 11x7 throaugh 11.5x7.5 for pattern on the OS 61 FSR. I have one in a Sig Kadet Senior with a 12x5 prop running rich and it pulls it with ease.

Bruce
Old 02-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Texan
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need advice on OS 61FSR

I just ran the 61FSR ring and got 13,300 on APC 11x7 with no muffler. With stock muffler it turned 12,600. Transition was perfect. I think this one still has some life in it.

The 61FSR ABC hit 13,400 on APC 11x7 with no muffler. With stock muffler it turned 12,800. Transition was good.