Community
Search
Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Anybody Looking For a Project?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody Looking For a Project?

Here's a restoration project 390160875328. They also have some other bits and pieces being offered.

FB
Old 02-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Rendegade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody Looking For a Project?

wow, I think that's just a little too far gone to be saved...
Old 02-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Lazer
My Feedback: (27)

Surprised to see that it used hydraulics for the controls on the rear. LOL. Looks like the plane was finished at one time, but it also looks like it caught fire in the canopy area. Pretty rough conditions.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Free Bird

Surprised to see that it used hydraulics for the controls on the rear. LOL. Looks like the plane was finished at one time, but it also looks like it caught fire in the canopy area. Pretty rough conditions.

I think there was a tuned pipe running inside a canopy, hence the discoloration from a high heat source. I only see standard pushrods running to the elevators and rudder. Can you clarify the hydraulics remark? Anybody know what plane it is?

FB
Old 02-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Lazer
My Feedback: (27)

FB
My feeling on the hydraulics thing is that the person listing it is not familiar with RC. Note that they say that the plane is a large plane. You and I both know by todays standards that a plane like that would not be considered large as compared to the 30 to 50% size of planes we see today.
Not sure of what the plane is, but I feel like it is from around the later 70s to early 80s era due to the placement of the tuned pipe it had be designed for.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:42 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i agree. the seller probably doesn't know the correct terminology. it's a mess for sure.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Free Bird

FB
My feeling on the hydraulics thing is that the person listing it is not familiar with RC. Note that they say that the plane is a large plane. You and I both know by todays standards that a plane like that would not be considered large as compared to the 30 to 50% size of planes we see today.
Not sure of what the plane is, but I feel like it is from around the later 70s to early 80s era due to the placement of the tuned pipe it had be designed for.
Lazer - I understand your hydraulic remark now. I went back to the ad and saw the statement. I missed it the first time.

FB
Old 02-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Seventies Flyer
My Feedback: (4)

Looks like a Bridi design
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 PM
hook57
My Feedback: (21)

I though Waste Management handled HazMat stuff! I wonder if the hydraulic system uses 5606 or Skydrol! Sorry, the old ship doesn't deserve that; but he knows enought to start the bid at $99.00. It does look a lot like a built up DB to me. I had one in the late seventies and if I recall there were plenty of glass canopies going around for the built up kits (pretty sureit came with mine). Quite a few guys modded the canopy for the RE engines back then too. Often the vertical stab and rudder were shaped/tapered to personalize it a bit. If someone were serious, I could ask him to meet me somewhere around Munster Indiana to check it out if they wanted it. Got to wonder how polluted that interior is though, it looks rough.
hook

Old 02-22-2010, 06:03 PM
hrrcflyer

Looks like a Dirty Birdy to me, and sadly it's going to take a little more than some TLC to get it flying again.

David
Old 02-22-2010, 06:56 PM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it reminded me of the curare that was sold recently.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:14 PM
stuntflyr

If you are refering to a red Super Curare, I concur!
Chris...