Notices
Classic RC Pattern Flying Discuss here all pre 1996 RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

what is a Calypso MK 2 worth ?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is a Calypso MK 2 worth ?

Hey Folk's ...

trying to come up with an asking price on these two A/C , i know squat about pattern planes and thought maybe some of you could help me out here .

the calypso has a OS 61 with a performance specialties piston and liner in it , three flights according to the gent it came from , no real hanger rash , canopy is green and is broken away a little bit from the clamp that holds it , plastic is yellowed , but everything seems pretty nice ,(besides the dirt) ... it has Futaba servos converted to ball bearing

the Kwik Fly is a little rattier but no crash damage and OS 46 FX .

any help would be appreciated .

thanks

Dan

Old 03-09-2010, 06:24 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: what is a Calypso MK 2 worth ?

i would ask this question in the classic forum.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:35 PM
bem

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Calypso: there was Modeltech Calypso, and Aviomodelli Calypso (also Mk 3 from Aviomodelli is available today that can handle a 4-stroke, larger cowl).

I believe it is Modeltech Calypso that is the more "popular" andthe one Hanno Prettner was showing in advertisments for Calypso back in 1980th.

I do not know what an Aviomodelli Calypso Mk 2 is worth.

/Bo
Old 03-10-2010, 03:13 AM
daggets

not much... i have the same, aviomodelli version, and it does not fly very well... it is an honorable trainer, but for pattern.... Aviomodelli did too much changes on the design,probably to match their industrial process and the name of calypso is the main relation whith hanno prettner s ship...
The main problem are the wings, rather typed for a motorglider than for an aƩrobatic aircraft...
It flyes, anyway, but its not a very pleasant airplane even if it s easy to fly...
Old 03-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Dan M

thanks for the help guys , i figured it wasn't worth more then around 250 anyway .

thanks again !

Dan