Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1980 TOC Laser 200 by Ulery

Toby, My Laser has a wingspan of 97" and a fuse length of 80". The canopy I used when I made my mold was a section out of a Comp ARF 3M Extra 330. Last time I checked they were running 29.00.
    Of course it's true, I read it on the Internet.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

speedracerntrixie,

The cowl I need is 13 1/4" long and at the rear is 7" wide and 10 1/2" high.

I appreciate your prompt response and apologize for not knowing your proper name.

To further clarify my specs on this model Ilean to the scale side as opposed to 3D i.e. I won't put oversize ailerons on it and it will have a clear canopy and pilot. After seeing Leo's original Ifind I'll need an appropriate spinner also.

My thanks to you and this forum. Its a big help finding you all.

In sunny but too windy to fly Saugerties, N.Y., on the west bank of the historic Hudson River,

Je r

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jer, the cowl I have is 13" long and 11" tall. My fuse width is 7" so it looks like what I have will fit. My wheel pants are 11" long and 3.25" high. I can also send you a link to the site where I got the CF gear. Your spinner for scale appearance is going to be a 5" ' Extra " style. So that we are not hijacking someone elses tread maybe we should continue this on my thread " TOC Laser "

Shawn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have what I think is an Ulery Laser, it is 33% (I think) % to scale, I purchased it 20+ years ago, but it came all framed up. Is powered by a 50cc glow conversion, and weighs around 17 lbs. I'm hoping to convert it to electric.

Does anyone know, did this come as an ARC?

Anyone have any insight for converting to electric?

Thanks,

Dale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dale, the current editor for the Tomcats newsletter has been doing some large electrics equal to 50cc. His name escapes me at the moment but I can check into it.

Shawn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I took my Laser out of moth balls to begin an electric conversion, but I am not certain exactly what I have. I think it is an Ulery Laser 200, but seems a little bigger than what has been discussed here. It has a span of 98 in. there is a manufactures label inside the fuse, near the wing tube support, that reads, Precision Built Models, Bradenton FL. I bought it already framed up, not covered, probably in the early 90's. I flew it then with Sach's 50cc engine, converted to glow.

Anyone have a clue what it is. Better yet, does anyone have plans for it, if you do?
    I just have a question about the thrust line, any thrust angle and CG.

Thanks,

Dale

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like you have a Bob Godfrey laser. He sold them mostly in the bones (framed up but not covered I think). Lots of them were used in TOC contest in years after 1978. I think the basis of his Laser was the Ulery design that he modified to build easier. I had a couple of the 1/4 scale versions years ago. Last I knew his son was still selling kits and parts but that's been a couple or more of years ago. They were great flying airplanes with a 3w-60 or 3w-70 or a 4.2 ci single cyl gasser. Lanier made a deal with Bob to build his kits and the 1/4 scale and 33% versions were available while lanier was still in business. At one time you could buy the fiberglass parts from Godfrey to replace the plastic stuff Lanier used in the kits. If his son is still in business I'd think he's still have them.
    Here's his web site.
    http://www.bobflies.com/Home/tabid/1163/Default.aspx
    Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Lanier 33% ( and alot of my own changes ) is almost finished. Trying to figure out what servos to buy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85054.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	1778069  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been watching your posts in this column with great interest. I have the original plans, cowl, and canopy for the 1/3 scale Godfrey Laser. I have misplaced the original aluminum landing gear and can't find it. Also, someone in NY state sold an upgrade plan for wood ribs instead of foam ribs. I also have this upgrade. I also have a framed up and very well built MK Laser, as well as a Godfrey 120 Laser kit. I would love to sell both the MK Laser and the 1/3 Godfrey Laser cowl, canopy and plans, but, it would just be too hard to ship. I enjoy reading these posts. Keep Building, but, remember, if they fly, they will die!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    well does anyone know who might be cutting foam cores for this Ulery 85 1/2 " laser 200 i have 3 sets of fuses and tail feathers going together,and would really have foam cores to lighten up than assemble built up wings,,,any info appreciated...Ronald
    Sig Kadet brotherhood #55 Balsa USA brotherhood#83

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Laser

check with : www.lasercutusa.com If he does not have in inventory, he may be able to cut you what you need. AerWorks is selling the ARF, maybe they can sell you the wing's only.
    Crank

Crank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AW-1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	2037048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AW-2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	2037049  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Laser @00 foam cores...Ulery

I have a couple of extra sets of cores cut by my elves with wing tube provisions to match my personal laser cut kits. Happy to assist with a set.

Rusty Dose
    Team Futaba
    berusty1@gmail.com
    Rusty Dose<br>Team Futaba<br>Team YS Parts and Service<br>

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Rusty i sent you an e-mail,greatly appreciate your reply,can you tell me a little bit about your personal lase cut kits????
    Sig Kadet brotherhood #55 Balsa USA brotherhood#83

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456