RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Giant Kaos (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/10984193-giant-kaos.html)

MTK 03-02-2012 02:42 PM

Giant Kaos

Has there been a thread on the Giant Kaos?

MTK 03-08-2012 07:52 PM

RE: Giant Kaos

ORIGINAL: MTK

Has there been a thread on the Giant Kaos?
Hmmm...I suppose a large Kaos is neither a classic nor a present size pattern model so it doesn't belong in neither forum. Not an IMAC so it doesn't belong there. I guess there is no spot in RCU for such a build.

Just bought the kit. Nice quality balsa. Some parts are way overdesigned and very heavy...1/2" a/c ply firewall weighs about 6 ounces. 1/8" plywood doublers in the fuse. Lots of places to remove weight

I will probably not do any more posting on the build. The build will not be stock so it won't help you guys much. I intend to increase it's size to 50cc gas size. I have a BME 58 Xtreme waiting

wildwillie3 03-09-2012 03:05 AM

Matt, if you do a build thread post a link to it so I can follow it.

Thanks
Bill

acemcduck 03-09-2012 04:34 AM

Is this the Big Chaos kit from Bluejay or something else? That one is on my short list of kits to get.

Dave

NM2K 03-09-2012 06:20 AM

Dave,

[quote]ORIGINAL: acemcduck

Is this the Big Chaos kit from Bluejay or something else? That one is on my short list of kits to get. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in the trade. Must have all parts and full plans. Thank

(snip)

I have the Blue Jay Big Chaos, which, if it flies anything like the Chaos 60, it is a smooth flyer. However, I would like to trade someone my NIB Big Chaos for a larger version Bridi Kaos by Bridi. If I have to add cash, I will.

Ed Cregger

MTK 03-09-2012 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: acemcduck

Is this the Big Chaos kit from Bluejay or something else? That one is on my short list of kits to get.

Dave
It is the Blue Jay kit. It is of high quality with very good balsa, except, it suffers from overdesign in some sections which add lots of unnecessary weight. I'd suggest one take a router and remove as much weight as feasible from many pieces, particularly the ply. No reason this model can't be built at 11 pounds

Still at 145$ US delivered, to me it's quite the bargain

stuntflyr 03-09-2012 08:36 PM

Sounds really neat, to me. I'd like to see it.
Chris...

DLEVETT 11-16-2012 06:19 PM

Hey guys do you think that I could shoe horn a DA50 into one of these bad boys.
Kinda cool and old school and wold be fun to fly at 14lbs or less.

Dave

MTK 11-16-2012 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: DLEVETT

Hey guys do you think that I could shoe horn a DA50 into one of these bad boys.
Kinda cool and old school and wold be fun to fly at 14lbs or less.

Dave
Why not? Especially if you lose the muffler and use a pipe