RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   RCM plans service sucks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/11193025-rcm-plans-service-sucks.html)

Skip 08-14-2012 07:34 AM

RCM plans service sucks

RCM Plan service is pitiful. It's been over a month and no plans!!! They sure took my money right away!!

AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken 08-14-2012 11:44 AM

RE: RCM plans service sucks

I think they're old school where it was common for 6-8 week delivery. Remember seeing that on mail order catalogs? Heck, remember mail order???

Skip 08-14-2012 02:41 PM

hell, I remember reeds and 50 pound transmitters!!

N1EDM 08-14-2012 05:26 PM

This has been discussed on another thread. I've also had problems. Usually if you jingle their chain (write an email or call) they finally send them right out. IT seems that the plans are sent 'right out' after you make a complaint. However, I have not heard of anyone not receiving their plans... but as you point out, they certainly don't waste time charging the card.

If/when I ever use them again, there is a section where one puts shipping instructions. I intend to put the fact that they may not charge my card until the plans are sent, otherwise I will cancel. It's a shame that the legacy of a wonderful magazine has come down to this.

It may be that whoever runs this service now might wait till there are several orders and then do them all at once instead of waiting till they come in.

I wish that someone would clarify this to me (with facts).

Bob

Russmall 08-14-2012 05:54 PM

The last two times I've ordered from them, it's taken almost six weeks to receive my order, SIX WEEKS! There's absolutely no excuse for that kind of poor service in this day and age. I will NEVER order from them again!!! I tried calling them but both lines were always busy. They do not answer emails either. So screw'em... RS

TFF 08-14-2012 06:34 PM

Nothing new. They still at least sell them. I dont think they keep much printed ready to go and I have heard they only work one or two days a week.

Roguedog 08-14-2012 08:36 PM

I ordered thesuper kaos and super kaos jr plans a few years ago and it took about 6 weeks.

Jim_Purcha 08-15-2012 04:38 PM

Always been 4-6 weeks for cross border shipments, and at a higher shipping rates. I noticed they have improved on that. Plans are not that much in demand with this new generation. At least RCM still sells plans at a reasonable price. I only purchase from MAN when on sale.

Jim

Nieuport nut 08-15-2012 05:37 PM

Ha! I remember one RCM order I made in the 70s - I MAILED a money order to them on Monday and received the plan in the mail on Friday! And that was cross-boarder too. I've never forgotten that example of what CAN be done.

Martin

bem 08-15-2012 10:26 PM

So now that we know their shipping time it is only to plan according to that.
I have ordered a couple of times from them and the plans has always showed up sooner or later and that is the main thing.
What they could do at least is to write in their Shipping & Returns section on their homepage estimated delivery times.
http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...e=shippinginfo

/Bo

JoeR 10-18-2012 03:21 AM

Looks like the service is still bad. I've been waiting at least a month. Heck, I've forgotten about my order a couple of times already. I tried calling and they only have a recorded message that their computer is out. There was a beep at the end but I'm not sure it was taking messages, the outgoing message didn't say anything about leaving a message for a call back. So, I still wait... Anyone else tried to order recently?

AwwNaww 10-18-2012 10:09 AM

I have ordered several times in the last 5yrs and have always gotten the order, in good shape. I have never gotten the order in less than 4wks or more than 8wks. I guess I just adapted to that time schedule and am glad they still have the service. Frankly, my experience with MAN and the airage store is worse. But yeah, I can't say this is a modern shopping experience.

I wish that the RCM back issues were put on DVD (including the covers!).

Patrick F 10-18-2012 12:47 PM

I bet if you made copies of there plans and offered them on the site for sale i bet you will get a reply:):):):)

patternflyer76 10-18-2012 02:55 PM

I ordered a set of SunRay Biplane plans on Sept. 1st and still have not received them. I checked my account and they did take the money out upon my order. I have called for two days strait and emailed once a couple of weeks ago. No answer no reply, just a computer recording and that is it....

Kevin Clark
AMA 340037
SPA 427

superbat 10-20-2012 05:12 PM

Ordered a plan on 9/12/2012 have not yet received it. I am upset.

EscapeFlyer 10-20-2012 06:29 PM

6-8 weeks it typical. Sounds like your just about there.

I would guess you'll see something within the next week or so. I hope. It has always been a test of patients.

Brian

eness76-RCU 10-22-2012 06:18 AM

yeah my most recent set took 7 weeks, received this month.

superbat 10-23-2012 12:52 PM

Talked to a lady at RCM plans today. She said had computer problems and will send my plans tomorrow.

Red_Jeepster 10-28-2012 12:00 PM

Patience Men!
We all have gotten so accustomed to instant response and overnight results that we have lost our ability to be patient. Plan ahead and order early. I noticed that NOBODY mentioned NOT getting their plans nor any complaint about their quality.
I have ordered several times. The most recent time I also had to wait almost 2 months. I did call and spoke to a woman who apologized for slow services and got the plans out that day.
I believe it is true that RCM dropped this business on her, and it isn't somthing she has a set as priority.
BUT...I always get my order in perfect condition.
Just sayin....!

superbat 10-29-2012 12:32 PM

My plans arrived today.

Ed

Roguedog 10-29-2012 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: superbat

Ordered a plan on 9/12/2012 have not yet received it. I am upset.
That would be about 6 weeks so that would be right on time for RCM. I, myself, have not ordered any mail order plans in a while and I've gotten pretty used to ordering something online and receiving it with a week at the most so this would seem like forever for me as well as compared to what I'm used too.

RCM is still doing business the old fashion way Mail Order.

Glad to here you got your plans. So now, how about a build thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gifto go along with those plans.

Otto Kudrna 01-05-2013 08:48 PM

I have now been waiting for almost two months for my Douglas Dolphin plans. I have emailed multiple times and also attempted to call never have gotten a phone pickup or a reply to my emails. I am ready to say heck to copyright and just buy a set of bootleg ones on ebay. I hate to do that kind of stuff but if they don't want to sell the plans they should not advertise them, take your money and than fall off the face of the world.

countilaw 01-06-2013 07:10 AM

I am starting to see a pattern here. If you get through on the phone and talk to a woman, your plans go out that day. So the sqeaky wheel gets the grease.

I can't imagine that it takes 6 weeks to 2 months to make copies of a set of plans and get them in the mail. It's beginning to look like that nothing gets done until a phone call is made, then it only takes a couple of hours to get the plans in the mail.

Frank

Otto Kudrna 01-08-2013 03:06 AM

Yesterday I attempted to call them about 20 times on both #s but all I ever got was an automated answering machine. There still has been no reply to my multiple emails.

Otto Kudrna 01-10-2013 10:49 AM

Yup- It just happened to me also. I have been attempting to call once an hour every hour for the last four days. I finally got "the lady" to pick up the phone. I got the now so famous response. "I don't know why it hasn't gone out but I will get it out this afternoon" This is unbelievable. But at least I'm getting my plans.