RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Turkey Classic Pattern Contest Niceville Fl (Panhandle Area) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/11232751-turkey-classic-pattern-contest-niceville-fl-panhandle-area.html)

vquick 09-18-2012 01:51 PM

Turkey Classic Pattern Contest Niceville Fl (Panhandle Area)

11-17-12 to 11-18-12 we will have the 1st annual Classic Pattern contest at Eglin Air Force base site 3 sponsored by Eglin Aero Modelers we will be flying Novice,Sportsman,Advanced and Master class we will start at 8:30 am pilot meeting will be at 8:00am entry fee will be $35.00 who will include Saturday Dinner at the field. Field is located at Hwy 285 in Niceville Fl in this link you can see site 3 also link to Eglin Aero Modelers site

https://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=...h&z=14&vpsrc=6

http://www.eglinaeromodellers.org/

Victor Diaz CD
404-263-7674
[email protected]

J Strong 09-18-2012 01:55 PM

RE: Turkey Classic Pattern Contest Niceville Fl (Panhandle Area)

Ready already !!

vquick 09-27-2012 02:44 PM

We will have some stuff for raffle at the contest like fuel and also a kit from R/C City also we will have a 50/50 raffle

J Strong 10-24-2012 10:06 AM

Can't wait. Guess I better dust off the Calylpso. After 465 miles to Crowley LA last weekend, this 165 miles will be a pleasent ride.ets make some NOISE !!!!!
Jamie Strong
Prattville, al

dphill2 10-24-2012 10:33 AM

I'm with you Jamie, after going to Green Sea SC. this trip will be a short hop LOL !! Looking foward seeing some of the new friends that I have made over the past year and to see old ones as well !! Should be a great contest ..

Dave..

J Strong 10-24-2012 10:44 AM

Me too, I got my butt wax against the D-2 folks, but it was still fun. More fun to chase than be chased.

vquick 10-24-2012 01:46 PM

Jamie dont worry i think D3 wax more butts than D6 overall we have the buffer

J Strong 10-24-2012 02:04 PM

You may have, but I sure didn't pull my load last weekend, but just wait till next year :) like I said thou, better chasing, than being chased :).
Sure was lots of fun, but spent WAY to much money, compared to my normal contest venture. As a matter of fact, I spent more in diesel than my normal entire visit, including the $50 I won.
Vic, your plane flies good. I can get you spinning 9's or better, just take some time. Doug has had one of the few planes I couldn't get to spin 9 plus's
Jamie

vquick 11-04-2012 04:21 PM

Well we are 2 weeks from the contest I need head count who is planning to come to the contest so I can have an estimate for the food also I will try to do the contest in one day if everything go smooth so for those who are driving can heed back early Sunday

J Strong 11-10-2012 04:36 AM

Got the dust knocked off the Caylpso, and I'm ready for some Florida Beaches.
We may stay a extra day just to put our feet in the sand :).
Jamie
In Bama

vquick 11-12-2012 11:18 AM

Weather is looking good and we will start early in the morning cause the day light saving 6:00am is sunrise im planning to start flying around 7:30 am so we will have pilot meeting at 7:15 we will fly until 1:00 pm and we will stop to do the lunch instead of the Dinner the sunset is 5:00 pm so we will have for Lunch Smoke Beef Brisket with potato salad coleslaw and rolls this is included in your entry fee. I will try to do a one day contest .

dphill2 11-12-2012 12:39 PM

Hope to see ya Saturday Victor !!! We are not going to be able to leave untill Friday PM

Dave..

vquick 11-12-2012 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: dphill2

Hope to see ya Saturday Victor !!! We are not going to be able to leave untill Friday PM

Dave..
No problem Dave you now who else is coming other Jamie

J Strong 11-12-2012 07:02 PM

Larry and Gary are coming from Pville, and Matt says he's coming to

vquick 11-12-2012 07:41 PM

Cool Jamie i will see you Wednesday around 9:30

vquick 11-15-2012 09:23 PM

Well the weekend just arrive I will be at the field from 9:00 am. The Main gate remains open until around 3:30 Pm after that will be closed if you arrive and the gate is close call me at 404-263-7674 i will come and open the gate for you. Saturday morning I will have somebody at the gate in the morning to open the gate .

obergc 11-19-2012 11:01 AM

Although the weather was a little on the cool side and a little windy, I think everyone had a great time. I want to express my appreciation for Victor and his family for putting together a great contest. Victor and his family worked every aspect of the contest from management, scoring, manning the access gate, photography, trophies, and the cooking of a good meal. Victor managed the contest A to Z and deserves a good pat on the back for his efforts. My hat's off to you and your family Victor. Great job.
Curt Oberg

J Strong 11-19-2012 01:28 PM

Victors and his Family are a one Team show, for sure. It was a blast, and 10-20 mph, just makes it more fun!!!
Thanks, Victor on a great job, and Dixie said Thanks as well for the extra meat :)

obergc 11-19-2012 02:30 PM

Hey Jamie, give Dixie a hug from us.  I think you gave her the wrong name though, she should be called "Shadow".  I don't think I've ever seen another dog so devoted to her master.

dphill2 11-19-2012 02:45 PM

Good job Victor, The contest was spot on and the food was great !!! Hope we can do it again next year ..

Dave Phillips

vquick 11-21-2012 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The contest is over we have only 8 pilots but we have some fun in the 3rd round of master Jamie Strong have some radio problems and his Calipso went down I was flying tha plane also so Jon let me borrow his Aurora to finish the next 2 rounds also I want to thanks Jim from R/C City for the Conquest IV kit he donate and to all the contestant who came to the contest