RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Diagram of SPA maneuvers (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/7749466-diagram-spa-maneuvers.html)

Marian 07-19-2008 06:41 PM

Diagram of SPA maneuvers

Hi,

Does anybody have diagram of SPA maneuvers?

I know that the best way to learn it is to observe experienced pilots and discuss on flying field, but I am little bit far ... NO SPA in Spain.[sm=thumbs_down.gif]

Marian

Bruce Underwood 07-19-2008 06:50 PM

RE: Diagram of SPA maneuvers

Marian: Let me suggest the Senior Pattern Website at:

www.seniorpattern.com

There is a page called "Improve" or something to that effect that has all the drawings, downgrades, etc. You may
download Call Cards and Scoresheets from the site as well.

Also, you may join the SPA Discussion List from within the website, there are about 130 members from the US and
two International (Australia and New Zealand) on there....feel free to join in the discussions there. Be glad to have
you.

Who knows, you may be the NUCLEUS for some good SPA activity in Spain.

Best wishes and hope this is some good help to you.

Sincerely,
Bruce Underwood SPA 15 Pres.
topnotchtrophies@bellsouth.net

ChiefK 07-19-2008 06:51 PM

You can find the maneuvers described here on the SPA website.

http://www.seniorpattern.com/improve/

Greg

Marian 07-19-2008 07:18 PM

Ooops,

Sorry. I looked at seniorpattern website, but found only Call Cards and Scoresheets.

This is exactly what I was looking for. It is 2:20 am here and my intention is to be at 8:00 am at the flying field practising.

Thank you.

Regards,

Marian

kingaltair 07-20-2008 08:00 PM

Good luck

Wish you were here and could fly with us. You can feel more a part of the organization if you follow the contests by clicking on the CONTEST tab. As Bruce pointed out, you can join the SPA Discussion List and participate from anywhere. Some of the comments are a little "odd", but there is a lot of good discussion as well.

Please come to a contest some time if/when you visit the US.

Duane

Marian 07-21-2008 03:57 PM

Hi,

Very nice from you.
I wish, I could participate on some SPA contest. It would be really great.
My Kaos has the rudder too modified to be considered still Kaos (well it depend how strickt you are), but I am trying to build my Peppermint quite similar to the original design ... so who knows.
I have just discussed this with my wife. After reading your post she looked at me and said "I believed we would go to the National Gallery. But I am afraid we will go to visit you virtual friends ...[&o]"

Anyway: I do not know anybody in Madrid area who flies classic pattern. Some months ago an gentleman posted on spanish forum that he is planning to finish his Currare that he started a decade ago. The response to him was "If he is planning to make a decoration for a museum."
I will make some search and maybe find some modellers interested in classic pattern.

Marian

Marian 07-22-2008 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
At the first view I thought that the novice table is too simple. The first error.
There is a huge difference between three loops here and there; and three ROUND and SUPERIMPOSED loops ...
It is a challange to make all maneuvers smoothly and precisely.

I thought that maybe a transmitter tray would help me, so I quickly made this one from what I had in my workshop: lite ply, threated rod and heat shrink tube. Also longer sticks for transmitter are home made (no more than 20 minutes).

Some question about maneuvers:

- At which altitude they should be performed (any altitude or angle of view limit)?

- Is there any time limit?

Regards,

Marian

Atlanta 60 07-22-2008 06:58 AM

Kewl transmitter tray dude!! :D

Sorry but I'll probably wind up copying that...I've wanted one for a long time...[sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Very Nice...

(I'll let someone else attend to the question about the maneuvers as I'm a noobie also)

Chuck

propbuster 07-23-2008 05:30 AM

Got to agree on that transmitter tray!! ;)