RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Classic RC Pattern Flying (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/)
-   -   Hangar 9 Phoenix 7 ARF (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/9693884-hangar-9-phoenix-7-arf.html)

crankpin 04-27-2010 08:00 PM

Hangar 9 Phoenix 7 ARF

1 Attachment(s)
Rusty Dose has a thread going on the new P-7 from Horizon. For anyone not following his post, here is some info, etc. The part number for this plane is: HAN4755. You can pre-order now, it will be backordered. As far as I know, and I am not privy to insider trading here, it may be due in June, of this year. It is painted glass fuse, wing is one piece, plug in stab. All control surface's are hinged. You will have to cut out for engine mount. I do not know if it is set up for retract's or fixed gear. This is a Don Lowe design, painted like Mark Radcliff's P-7 world competitor. Gotta thank Mike McConville and a couple of his sidekick's up at Horizon for this new SPA-BPA-CPA entry.
Cost: $339.95.

Vince
Hobe Sound, FL

AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken 04-27-2010 08:51 PM

RE: Hangar 9 Phoenix 7 ARF

Great!...!!!... Something else to buy. [:o]:D:D[:o][sm=drowning.gif]

smacfe 04-28-2010 12:34 AM

Vince,
I am already warming up the heat gun and sandpaper to give this bird a real paint job.
Scott

stuntflyr 04-28-2010 02:20 AM

Sorry, I may have asked this before. Where do you fly, Scott?
Chris...

dhal22 04-28-2010 05:16 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: smacfe

Vince,
I am already warming up the heat gun and sandpaper to give this bird a real paint job.
Scott

don't know what paint will be used but citristrip is the best way to remove it. apply, goto another project for a couple hours, then return and wipe. you're done.

smacfe 04-28-2010 06:12 PM

I fly at Whittier Narrows. Great for racers, electrics and helis, but not very good for pattern since we cannot go over the gun range.
Scott

stuntflyr 04-28-2010 06:35 PM

I see.
I have a Kaos and was thinking of flying there on Saturday as I am helping a guy trim out his C/L Stunt ship. Might give it a try.
Chris...

GP G-Rod 04-29-2010 09:52 AM

Final over the gun range was part of the charm!

klhoard 04-29-2010 11:40 AM

I remember the first year that Tony Stillman held the Pensacola pattern contest at their new field location at the landfill site. Every time someone would go up for a right turnaround maneuver we'd hear - 'BLAM!!!, BLAM!!!, BLAM!!!!".
Take one disgruntled neighbor, add in a heapin' helpin' of Northwest Florida Redneck and Walla!! - Pattern Bi-Athalon!!! Of course the idiot was using a rifle instead of a shotgun . . .
Quote:

ORIGINAL: GP G-Rod

Iflyglow 05-05-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: klhoard

I remember the first year that Tony Stillman held the Pensacola pattern contest at their new field location at the landfill site. Every time someone would go up for a right turnaround maneuver we'd hear - 'BLAM!!!, BLAM!!!, BLAM!!!!''.
Take one disgruntled neighbor, add in a heapin' helpin' of Northwest Florida Redneck and Walla!! - Pattern Bi-Athalon!!! Of course the idiot was using a rifle instead of a shotgun . . .
Quote:

ORIGINAL: GP G-Rod

Were any of the planes wounded.[X(]

Free Bird 05-21-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Rusty Dose has a thread going on the new P-7 from Horizon. For anyone not following his post, here is some info, etc. The part number for this plane is: HAN4755. You can pre-order now, it will be backordered.
Has this hit the Horizon site yet? I did a search by the product number and come up empty.

FB

Sport_Pilot 05-24-2010 09:15 AM

I can't find it either. Also a product to release in June should be listed as coming in 2 to 6 weeks.

crankpin 05-24-2010 07:44 PM

Call Horizon up, put one on backorder. Part number on first post. I got this info from Horizon.

Vicne

MMcConville 05-25-2010 09:32 AM

Just hang tight for a day or so. Will be official before Rusty's contest this weekend and you can order from LHS or HH.com

rv7driver 05-27-2010 07:03 AM

the phoenix 7 is on Horizon's web sight price $339.99 taking orders. Pete

Trisquire 05-27-2010 07:38 AM

Sweet.

RonMcCormick 05-27-2010 07:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This plane looks sweet, never thought I would see the day!
These photos are from the Hangar9 website

crankpin 05-27-2010 08:19 AM

Thanks to Mike McConville, and whoever else he brought along on this P-7 project. Now what is even nicer, we can just order the fuselage, get a wing and stab cut, there it is. THANKS MIKE !!

Vince