Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Club 40 Race in Huntsville, AL

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Club 40 Race in Huntsville, AL

Old 10-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Club 40 Race in Huntsville, AL

AZNrider,

Welcome aboard the C40 forum. We are having a real blast with Club 40 racing. Please come out to the Nov 20th race at RCRC! It will be a great way to see what this is about and lend a hand at any of the jobs such as turn marshall, scoring and such. Plus, we will need impartial judges for the chili cook off. If you are brave enough.......

Tim
Old 10-25-2010, 10:50 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the BIG race and Grand Finale of the year less than a month away now, I sure thought I would find way lots more bull coccha and trash talk happening, what has happened to all of you ? Has Tim put some kind of hex and curse on yall so that you all are "skeered" ? [X(]
As for me, I am prepping my planes with a double layer of secret spray on teflon coating that has to stay on the wing surfaces for 3 weeks to fill all the microscopic pores in the coating, then it will be removed 48 hours before the race date. It says on the can that its guaranteed to give 12 more mph in speed!! I just wanted to let all of you know so that you would be prepared come race day .

Has any of you other than the ones already that have raised their hands taken a look at what YOU could bring to help feed the masses?
Lets make this a good turnout and help pitch in foodwise so that just a few will not have to carry the load for everyone else.

Later,
Moooove on Over McGowan
Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 AM
jamcad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,
I let my flying do my talking.................
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: jamcad

John,
Gosh I wish I could be there!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 09:08 AM
JohnMcGowan

John,
Well you dont ever have too much to say then do ya? Didnt you attend the N. Alabama deaf/mute school of flying? OUCH!!! Got ya. [sm=48_48.gif] You walked right into that one Jamie, hook, line AND sinker . Sorry, I couldnt help myself .
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 AM
BarryReade

Has Jamie been out practicing???  Come on Jamie fess up one way or the other????
Old 10-26-2010, 04:15 PM
jamcad

When your smooth as silk, practice is a waste of good fuel. However, when you fly like me, the fuel is a good investment...............
Old 10-26-2010, 04:29 PM
JohnMcGowan

[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif]

How is the weather up your way today Jamie? There are BIG storms all around down here today.

Greg D,
I see you are online now, how are you? Are you planning on coming to Huntsville next month to race ?
Old 10-26-2010, 04:35 PM
BarryReade

When your smooth as silk, practice is a waste of good fuel. However, when you fly like me, the fuel is a good investment...............
Ah, we all strive for that "smooth as silk" monicker. but the alternative of teflon coated surfaces and boron teflon coated engine parts and a giddy up go radio sure do help.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:39 PM
JohnMcGowan

THATS what Im talkin bout!!!

And I didnt divulge that my teflon coating has a UV ray inhibitor that makes the harmful rays bounce right off of of my plane , therefore giving me a bump draft effect in the straightaways, thats good for another 3 mph right there.
ORIGINAL: BarryReade

Ah, we all strive for that ''smooth as silk'' monicker. but the alternative of teflon coated surfaces and boron teflon coated engine parts and a giddy up go radio sure do help.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:33 PM
AZNrider

Well guys, I am not going to wait until next year to enterthe race. I just pickup Sky Raider Mark II and LA Racer. Iam going to enter the race Nov. 20. I been out there to RCRC practice every weekend. ARe you guys really good like you said here in forum. Watch out for this Rooky...LOL ..And again Ijustbeginner and been fly airplane for couple month now... So come out on the weekend show me how you guys doing plylon.

-Damone
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
BarryReade

Hey Damone welcome, 

Nah none of us are anygood we just like to talk trash and dream about being smooth and quick.  I did come in 7th up at the Harvest race. 

Sorry i won't make this one as I will be up in Maryland at that time. 

Glad to hear you have the correct airplanes and I hope you have motors for them also.  I hope to meet you at one of the races next year.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

John,
I'm going to try to make both Mac Hodges race this weekend, and the Huntsville race.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 PM
JohnMcGowan

Ok Greg, thanks. I wont make Macs but will see you up in Huntsville next month.... come with an appetite of chili , and dont forget the to bring heartburn medicine either I hear Tim's chili is soooo wicked that automobile radiator shops up there use his chili to boil out clogged radiators!!

Hi Damone, glad you are planning on coming.
Barry is telling you correctly , nah, none of us are any good but we sure do have fun being no good!! ( you better watch your back though just in case someone is pulling your leg ) [sm=bananahead.gif]

Barry, you have a safe trip going up in "Yankee country" and we will see you at upcoming race next year . We will eat some chili in your honor, fair enough?

John
Old 10-27-2010, 05:46 AM
BarryReade

Thanks John,  I knew you would do something nice for me

I got an email from Mac Hodges.  I am the only entry in Club 40 for this weekend so far as of yesterday morning.  I hope some others make it.  He said there are a lot of 424 entrys
Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 AM
AZNrider

Well... ,You going to miss Nov. SMACKDOWN!!. THis is my first race and Iam jump into Advance race with the big DOG!.... y'all need to take easy on me ..LOL.

-Damone

Old 10-28-2010, 05:52 AM
BarryReade

Damone, they will take it easy on you.  They will use KY.  And you will have a great time.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:50 AM
JohnMcGowan

ORIGINAL: BarryReade

Damone, they will take it easy on you. They will use KY. And you will have a great time.
Oh that is classic there Barry!!!! [sm=lol.gif] ..... Or maybe we wont use KY ?[X(]
Just like Barry said, you WILL enjoy it either way!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:54 AM
BarryReade

Hehehehe!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:50 PM
AZNrider

Ok Barry bring it on..  may the best skill  win... LOL... going to be big 2010  Club40 SMACK DOWN!!!  of the year.

-damone
Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 PM
BarryReade

Damone, you don't know how much I would like to be there for your inaugural race. 

But, I am sure there are enough other of us bumblers around that they will properly introduce you.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Tbatt

Ah........fresh meat! A newbie to pick on. I can hardly wait........

Like the other guys said, we just do this for fun. None of us are any good at it, heck we are happy when we get the airplane down in one piece.

Pylon racing is easy. All you do is fly in an oval around a couple of poles. Nothing to it.

Tim

P.S. I'm back from the land of fruits and nuts. California, nice weather, weird people........
Old 10-29-2010, 11:00 PM
JohnMcGowan

Welcome back home Tim, its nice to be back in the land of "normal" again isnt it?

I hear thru the grapevine that D2 is bringing his posse from the Alabaster Club and he plans on taking names and kicking some butt !
I say that we need to give him a pencil that will not write that day! [>:]

Tim , go ahead and order us up some good racing weather for the 20th please.

Tune up your racers boys, the clock is tickin' down

Later,
John Mc
Old 10-31-2010, 02:54 PM
fcomer84

OK all you heavy eaters. I will be coming to collect my trophy. I will eat yogurt and carrots only so I will not be bloated and full of...
food. This will let me be my sharpest with excellent vision and quick reactions to WIN!!!!
I think I just gave away my secret, except for my 10 x 5.5738 prop!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Tbatt

I managed to get out for awhile last weekend and burn some nitro. I did a little experimenting with props again and had to stop when aileron flutter started, again! Staying on the course the speed stays below the flutter point so it is not a show stopper for the 20th.

I've decided to go to a dual servo setup on the ailerons on my two new SRMII that I will be building this winter.

My "new" favorite prop turned 17,100 rpm and was the fastest measured speed wise so far. What is it? I'll tell you on the 20th.

McGowen, remember, speed kills, so slow down.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.