Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Club 40 Race in Huntsville, AL

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Club 40 Race in Huntsville, AL

Old 10-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Club 40 Race in Huntsville, AL

Ok, I've started the post for what may be the BEST race so far this season.

November 20, 2010. BE THERE!

Everybody should be ready and NO LAME excuses about "my engine isn't broken in", "my battery wasn't charged", "my wife won't let me race".

Provided the weather cooperates, we should have one heck of a race!

So far, I'm undefeated at RCRC so bring it on!

Tim

P.S. What are we having for lunch? I vote for pot-luck. Can we do that? Everyone bring something and we eat like kings! We have some really good cooks, so let's take advantage of it.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 AM
jamcad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club 40 Race in Huntsville, AL

I'm planning on being there. This should be a good race. I'll have the Coca Cola Special tuned and ready to go.

Jamie
Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Ggrrrrr.  I won't be able to make it.  

Old 10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Tbatt

Barry, Sorry you won't ba able to join us. The good news is that Jamie won't have to fight you for second place!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:09 AM
jamcad

Second place is the LEAST of my worries..............
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh Im all over this!!! I WILL be there and I expect several others from Bham and the Alabaster club will attend too.
Tim, just let me know what you're plans are for cooking/eating. I will be more than willing to help out with cooking up there if you need me to ? Just say the word and Im on it. Got a grille or anything to use on site?
Ive never had the pleasure of being at this field... does it have 'lectricity?
Just an idea....toss it if it doesnt sound good.... what about several folks committing to a crockpot of chili ( only IF you have power available to plug the units in? ) I make a MEAN pot of chili,... just ask Frank If we get seveal others to do the same, and others to bring the untensils, bowls, crackers,drinks, and DONT forget a dessert(!) , that might be a good way out costwise for the club and for everyone since it will then be November chili weather ( or maybe not ; on the weather ) .
Just a thought to kick around.

And will that first place trophy be able to fit in my truck for the ride home to Bham? Since the next day the 21st will be my birthday, that will be puuuurfect timing for a big win!![sm=lol.gif]

Hollah,....
JohnBoy MOOOOve over
Old 10-14-2010, 10:46 AM
BarryReade

Oh, I am going to miss a good one. 

It will be evident on who has practiced and who hasn't.  

And the lunch has the potential for being fantastic!!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 AM
JohnMcGowan

Im sorry you wont be able to attend Barry
Do you mind if I borrow your " North Alabama Airplane Death Ray unit? I think I can velcro it to the underside of my fuse so it will be less noticable. I will take good care of it. Does it still
use (4) 9 volt batteries or have you adapted it to use lipo's yet ? That thing is the BOMB!!! [sm=lol.gif]
Old 10-14-2010, 11:19 AM
BarryReade

The NAADR is alive and well and since you asked first you can use it.  When I used it the last time I found out after the fact that the on/off switch was broke in the off position and was never energized.[X(]  You will have to fix it as I don't have time.  Just let me know where to send it.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM
JohnMcGowan

Ok Barry, I will get the switch fixed, no problem . You have my address .
I think this is going to look like a 2010 remix of the Battle of Britain with a Star Wars twist !!!
Can you say ZZZZIIIT- ZZZZZAP ?
Oh the Humanity! LOL

ORIGINAL: BarryReade

The NAADR is alive and well and since you asked first you can use it. When I used it the last time I found out after the fact that the on/off switch was broke in the off position and was never energized.[X(] You will have to fix it as I don't have time. Just let me know where to send it.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 PM
dphill2

Ok guy's Lil Dave and I are getting ready for the B'ham Antique Pattern contest!!!
and then we will RACE !!! All you fat boy's can Moove over we will be there !!
Can't wait to get it on with the turn left and go fast bunch ......
Let the balsa wood fly HaHahaHa........ I'm baaack
Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 PM
JohnMcGowan

Well well well, look who's back!! Long time- no hear from you Dave.
So what you thinking about this "North Alabama gang" <BIG YAWN>........ you think they are ready for us to run the train on them up there? hahahaha
Did you get your invite to the Tim Batt 2nd Annual Drag Queen and Pumpkin Head Look-A -Like contest yet [X(] ? I was asked if I was going to attend an upcoming race at Mac Hodges but couldnt make it because of the conflicting date , but I dont think I'll be able to go to Tim's above mentioned Queen gala either,... thats too bad, but hey, it looks like he make take 1st place depending on the number of entries there [sm=lol.gif]. ( I better check my car for bombs and boobytraps now!!)
Old 10-15-2010, 07:45 AM
Tbatt

It is now official! I saw the RCRC Club 40 race flyer last night and it said "bring your own lunch"! I say the chili contest is officially on!

Bring your best and we can add in the awards for the best chili.

No open flames allowed in the pit area after lunch!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:46 AM
JohnMcGowan

Sounds good Tim!! Ok guys, ante up please , the Chili Cookoff is a great idea. I will bring a pot of chili and I think Tim is doing the same. For those of you who dont want to mess with this but still want to eat , could we get some commitment for some bowls, spoons, CRACKERS!!, cups, paper towels and I guess everyone can bring their own drinks? I'll bring a gallon or two or Milo's Tea. It will be a great day indeed. Dont forget to take your Prilosec before you eat!!

Tim, will there be an online sign up form so that you can get an idea of how many pilots will be coming? If so, EVERYONE PLEASE SIGN UP EARLY so Tim can get a proper head count to know how many to expect.

John
Old 10-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Tbatt

RCRC will have drinks available but extra liquids to put the fire out would be a good idea.

Yes, please let us know if you are planning on attending the race. We don't want anyone to go home hungry! If you are not bringing chili, please sign up to bring the other stuff needed that John listed. Also dessert would be nice. I'll try and sweet talk my wife for a batch of her killer chocolate chip cookies. Maybe some molasses cookies too. I just drooled......

Just reply to this tread and say what you are willing to bring. I'll consolidate the list and post updates here too.

Chili - John and Tim
Dessert - Tim
Plastic bowls
Spoons
Napkins
Drinks
Crackers
Old 10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Tbatt

For those of you that have not been to Huntsville and been to the RCRC site it is one of the best flying sites around. Asphalt and grass runways, AC power, PA system with wireless mics, heated and cooled club house, spectator stands, lots of tables and benches and a great group of modelers to hang out with.

Alan Berard will be the CD.

If someone can do a google search for RCRC and get the race announcement off of their site and post it here it would be nice. Our internet service at work blocks their site.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 AM
JohnMcGowan

Tim, I went to the RCRC site to post a copy of the flyer but did not see a flyer posted anywhere on their site (?)
http://www.rocketcityrc.com/about-rcrc.html

I clicked on the home tab there and get this :
The requested URL /index.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I also tried looking under the Events tab, but it just has stuff there from 2009 and nothing for 2010.
Am I doing something wrong?
If someone corrects me, I will come back and edit what I posted above to keep confusion down to a minimum..... I know how easy it is firsthand for a RC pilot to get confused [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Tbatt

I'll check tonight when I get home and see if I can find it.

Otherwise, I'll contact Alan and get it directly from him.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
JohnMcGowan

And btw Tim, thats a great looking field up there.
Are there any obstacles and/or hazards such as close trees, unruly neighbors, rabid termites or anything like that to be aware of while flying? I understand each field is unique with its on set of things to watch for.

I cant wait until the NAADR device gets here from Barry so I can try it out on you guys!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Tbatt

I found it using my Droid phone. It is on the third page of their October newsletter.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Tbatt

The RCRC site is pretty much open except for the tennis courts that are directly across the runway but quite away off. If you fly the big stuff you have to be careful not to overfly the tennis courts. The runway runs N-S so the sun is in your eyes in the morning. At the June race, it was very difficult to see the pylons until the sun got up more overhead.

I'm more concerned about the weather then than anything else. It could be great weather and that is what we will hope for.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 PM
BarryReade

Couldn't find the 2010 October Newsletter.  I found Nov 10 and May 10 and back through 09???

Ya know this isn't fair you guys having a Chili/pot luck without me[:@] 

Looking on the bright side it will give you a chance to work out the kinks so when I make the next one it will really be right!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Tbatt

The link to it should be on the home page, top middle.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:32 PM
JohnMcGowan

Here is the link to the flyer for the Huntsville RC Club 40 race guys, look on page 4 of the newsletter........

http://rocketcityrc.com/members/news...Newsletter.pdf

John
Old 10-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Tbatt

Thanks John!

I'll print some of the fliers and hand them out at the Decatur swap meet tomorrow.

I've decided to sell my trainer at the swap meet. I give up on ever learning how to fly RC...........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.