Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

SRMII Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRMII Wheels

Question?

If someone is flying the stock wheels of the SRMII, and the wheels wear down from flying off of asphalt, will the worn wheels still be "legal"? If not, What should the minimum diameter be?

Comments, opinions?

We mostly fly off of grass and this has not been a problem for us. Besides, our planes usually don't last long enough to wear out the wheels.........

Tim
Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SRMII Wheels

I would think they would be Tim since they are "stock" wheels... run them till they wont run no more Just my thoughts and .02 worth.
Later ,
John
Old 01-03-2011, 02:25 PM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is currently being addressed by the RCPRO Club 40 Race Committee and will be in the 2011 rules. There will be a minimum size allowed. This will prevent some from putting their wheels in a lathe and prematurely wearing them down to take advantage of others.

It's all Good. It's just Racing!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmmm, Just how many MPH can one pick up from wheels that are 1/2" less in diameter?

From the RCPRO Club 40 rules.

"Use the stock wheels or DuBro 2 ΒΌ Low Bounce wheels. In use the minimum diameter is 55 mm and minimum width is 20mm for the wheels."
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Ken Erickson

The RCPRO officers and the RCPRO Club 40 Committee have completed the voting on suggested changes to the rules for 2011. Some were accepted and some were not. There are a few changes to the Rules for the airframe and engine. The 2011 documents have been sent to the webmaster, Don Stegall, for posting. Tommorrow, I will post the explanation of the changes on the RCPRO Club 40 forum on the RCPRO website.

Ken Erickson
Chairman, RCPRO Club 40 Committee
Old 01-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think of it this way, if you really want to build light weight you need to shave a little weight off of every part. No single item will make much differance. It is the sum of the savings that make the differance. Same with aero drag. If you do a bunch of little things they start to add up. Wheel size being one of them. Where does it end without rules......

Tim
Old 01-04-2011, 07:54 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Tim, Ya still have to weigh 4lbs 8os, I don't care how much you shave off as long as your airplane is stock in size.
If your airplane is too heavy its your fault but you can use my razor if ya need one.....

Dp2
jump in anytime ya want Mcgooowin .......