Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Are you Ready? Also, welcome a new Club 40 pilot..

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Are you Ready? Also, welcome a new Club 40 pilot..

Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Are you Ready? Also, welcome a new Club 40 pilot..

All you Alabama guys sure are oddly quite out there now. Maybe you are resting up for the first race of the 2011 season or something?
D2 will be hosting the smack down starter race of 2011 down at the fantastic Alabaster RC Club come March 12th, which is just right around the corner and coming up soon.
ARE YOU READY?
I also understand that D2 has some new planes in his stash as well as the Battman does too.
One can never have too many SkyRaiders at the ready, right? Santa must have been nice to ya'll I reckon.
Jamie, BP, how are ya'll doing? Just checking in to say hi and hope all is well .

****Also, I do want to introduce a new Club 40 recruit that will be home based out of the Alabaster Club,... his name is Jim Andrews and he and D2 have been working together to get Jim set up for C-40. With D2 as his guide I am positive that he will have himself the
time of his life starting out the right way and really enjoying all of this.
Welcome to Club 40 Jim!!! ******

Everyone check your planes over really well , check or change out the fuel tubing, check the tightness of all your servo screws, etc....a little maintanence goes a long long way

Also, ask around and see if there is anyone in your local club that has shown an interest last year in Club 40 but for whatever reason did not try it. Get them going for the 2011 season and Im positive they will have a ball.

Talk to you all later,
MOOOve Over/ John McGowan
Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you Ready? Also, welcome a new Club 40 pilot..

Some how I knew you would start somthing Moogoowin !! Yes! I just got through with my second Sanaloma Rader. Those guy's do a super job on their kits and you can buy what part you need.
Right now I'm working on a Dirty Birdy for Jim Rinning as he is going to fly some pattern with us this year along with some C-40,

Moo you are right about how quite it has been !! Do ya think everybody is in the man cave getting ready ??? anyway march the 12th is right around corner and I can't wait to see all of you
Yahoos again !! I'M READY ...
O Yeah, I would like to say welcome to Jim Andrews also !!
Dp2
Old 01-20-2011, 09:10 PM
JohnMcGowan

Howdy Dave, yep, I guess I needed to kick the ant bed just a little and stir up some stuff to make sure everyone is getting set up and ready to rock and roll.

So Big Jim is going to do some pattern flying with you all huh? Sounds good.

I dunno, but we may needed to be just a little concerned about that new guy named Jim Andrews? Seems he's flown some prettty heavy competition flying a few years back, I may have heard him mumbling under his breath something about he's
got a little sumptin-sumptin for all of us Club 40 guys? We'll see I guess? But then again, just how serious can you take a guy that has an Auburn decal on his Club 40 racer ? [X(] Did I let that slip out ? Oooops , sorry about that. LOL
Old 01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys!

I've been busy building new airplanes for this season. They are both getting pretty close to a test flight. Maybe next week I can get the finishing touches put on them.

Remember at the last race when I blew an engine? Well, I found the culprit. The rear bearing retainer came apart. I had heard that this was a problem with the older engines and that the newer ones were much better. Who knows, maybe the engine I bought was one that was from the earlier production lot. Anyway, a new piston and cylinder along with new Boca bearings have brought what was my #1 engine back to life. Tower has the parts and the cost for the piston and sleeve is around $40. The Boca bearings have a composite one piece bearing retainer that should have better life than the stock bearing. Now I have to break the engine in AGAIN......

I'm very close to being ready to RACE!
Tim
Old 01-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody up for a race against Texas? You know, a shoot out with Club 40 planes. Bama verses Texas.

September time frame, location somewhere between Al and Tx.

ROAD TRIP!

Tim
Old 01-26-2011, 11:13 AM
JohnMcGowan

Oh my OH MY!! I can see the expression on her face now if I was to tell her Im going out of state to fly an airplane.....[]

It does sound like a good plan though... give more details when you get them Tim please.
Those Texas guys,,.... they aint gonna be sore losers are they?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 PM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aw, they wouldn't be anymore upset that you would Jon.