Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Sadly, We've lost a Club 40 Pylon Pilot

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Sadly, We've lost a Club 40 Pylon Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:16 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sadly, We've lost a Club 40 Pylon Pilot

It is with sad news that I report we have lost one of our area Club 40 Pilots as well as a friend .
Frank Comer, current President of Birmingham RC Club and fellow Club 40 pilot, passed away from cancer on June 30,2011.
He was at home surrounded by family and friends when he passed.

Frank enjoyed flying the pattern circuit as well as racing Club 40 at area races.
Kay Comer, Frank's wife, also enjoyed going with him to watch and help him as a spotter as he his flew his planes.

Frank, may you have blue skies and fair winds and know that we all will miss you!!!

Our sincere condolances and prayers go out to the Comer family during this difficult time.

COMER, COLUMBUS FRANKLIN, JR. "FRANK" Frank Comer, age 56, of Bessemer, living in Alabaster, passed away on June 30, 2011. He was a member of the AMA, the SPA, and pres. of the Birmingham R/C Assoc. for 2 yrs. He loved the comradely of flying his R/C airplanes with friends. He was formerly employed at Bessemer Board of Education for 12 years in the transportation dept. Survived by: wife, Kay Howell Comer; daughters, Emily Comer and Shannon Comer Burgett (Brandon); sisters, Rebecca Comer Gunter, Melanie Comer Schluter (Dick); Grandson, Dylan and Nate Burgett. Family will be receiving friends and guest from 5-7 PM, Wednesday, July 6, 2011 and a Memorial Service will follow at 7 PM at Charter Funeral Home, Calera, AL.

John McGowan
Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Sadly, We've lost a Club 40 Pylon Pilot

Hello everyone.
I would like to propose at this time that we as a group from Birmingham RC as well as any other area RC club that would like to join in, contribute to the Comer family with a monetary donation. As we all know, there are expenses at the time a loved one passes away that is not easy to deal with or come up with right away. I would like for us to take 2 weeks to get a fund secured so that we can see it gets delivered to Frank's wife Kay Comer.

The RC community is filled with lots of great people that come together in a time of need.We have a need and now is the time ! Lets show our support and our love to the family of Frank Comer in a grand way!

We will be accepting checks or cash. Any club officer will gladly take your donation.
If you wish to pay by check, you can make out your check to Birmingham RC and put "Comer Family" in the memo section at the bottom left so that we will know what your check is for.
If you wish to mail your check to Birmingham RC Club, the address is:
Birmingham RC Club
P.O. Box 185
Morris,Al 35116
( DO NOT mail cash contributions in an envelope, give your cash to one of the Birmingham RC Club officers)

I personally want to thank you for helping out with this great cause.
Lets make a difference!

p.s.,....If you are not aware, there is an online Guest Book that you can sign and share your thoughts with the Comer Family. It is located at:
http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/birm...7&eid=gbupdate

Thank You,

Sincerely,
John McGowan