Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Alabama - Tennessee Club 40 Schedule for 2012

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Alabama - Tennessee Club 40 Schedule for 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:17 AM
eduffey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alabama - Tennessee Club 40 Schedule for 2012

Guys,

I'm working on NARCA's calendar for next year. I thought I would ask if anyone has their Club 40 race dates set, yet. I'm assuming most will keep a date approximating this year's schedule but sometimes changes are necessary.

For now, I'm proposing NARCA races on April 28 and August 18 but we may have to trim back by one.

I believe RCRC is set with a June 23 date but I have not seen a November race date on their calendar. Can someone from RCRC check on this, please?

What other race dates are set at this time?

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Alabama - Tennessee Club 40 Schedule for 2012

Hi Ernie,
I'm going to the Alabaster Club meeting Thursday of this week and will see if I can get a couple of dates for next year.
Will let you know as soon as I find out !!!

Dave.....
Old 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As soon as my work travel settles down I'll see if we can arrange to have another inter-club meeting to work out details for next year.

Ken Ericson has asked if we have any recommended rules changes too. Maybe we can discuss this topic then but you need to be thinking about it before we meet.

Battman
Old 01-26-2012, 10:18 AM
eduffey

I'm bumping this thread to see what everyone knows about your respective club schedules. David Ortegon, Sr. shared the MTRCS schedule with Tim back in November (Thanks, David). He made some assumptions about the 2012 race schedule based on the 2011 dates. I've attached only the info directly related to Club 40 racing to make it easier for our purposes.

I have moved the August NARCA race by a week to eliminate a conflict with an RCRC event. I've checked the RCRC schedule against their web site but would like a real live RCRC person to confirm it. NARCA's calendar was officially adopted January 12. As to Nashville, Alabaster and Birmingham I would like some feedback to assure that the scheduled dates are as listed. Hopefully, this schedule is close to right so that we can start planning this year's carnage.

Thanks for your input,

Ernie

2012 AL/TN Club 40 Event Schedule

Saturday, March 10, 2012 Club-40 Race #1 Alabaster, AL
Saturday, April 28, 2012 Club-40 Race #2 Harvest , AL
Saturday, May 05, 2012 Club-40 Race #3 Birmingham, AL
Saturday, June 23, 2012 Club-40 Race #4 Huntsville, AL
Saturday, July 21, 2012 Club-40 Race #5 Cane Ridge Park
Saturday, August 18, 2012 Club-40 Race #6 Harvest , AL
Saturday, September 22, 2012 Club-40 Race #7 Cane Ridge Park
Saturday, October 13, 2012 Club-40 Race #8 Birmingham, AL
Saturday, November 17, 2012 Club-40 Race #9 Huntsville, AL
Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello Ernie, D2 ,Battman and all.
Glad to know somebody's still lurking out there .
I've sent the Bham proposed dates that David Ortegon posted on to the powers that be(club officers) for Bham RC. I guess as soon as they can met and discuss things they will let somebody know about the dates?

Hope everyone is doing well in 2012 so far.
JMc
Old 01-26-2012, 03:29 PM
jamcad

Thanks Ernie for posting the dates. As luck would have it, I have a schedule conflict on almost everydate........

Jamie
Old 02-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Tbatt

Sorry to say but I won't be able to attend the March 10th race. I'll be at Samford recording the AVA State vocal festival. So close, but far away....
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 AM
eduffey

I just got a confirmation through John McGowan of the Birmingham RC race dates above. Alabaster and Harvest dates are set as listed. Since this proposed schedule came from Nashville I'm assuming those dates are good. I got the RCRC dates from their web site on the events page. It looks like we're a "GO" for the schedule above. If anyone knows of any discrepancy please let us know. Otherwise, mark your calendars. Three weeks to Alabaster!

Ernie
Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Scorpion Racing

Hey guys,
I don't know if you are aware of it, but SEMPRA (South Eastern Model Pylon Racing Association) has its own website now and we would love to have you post your events on the website. SEMPRA and NMPRA are both working to promote ALL types of pylon racing, and we would like to help you if we can. If you would like to have your clubs that host races listed as a pylon hosting club in the SEMPRA district, we would be happy to list you on the website for any potential new pilots interested that may be in your area. You can see other clubs in our area that host races here: [link=http://sempra.org/html/hosting_clubs.html]Pylon Hosting Clubs[/link] You can also use the [link=http://www.sempra.org/phpBB3/]SEMPRA District forums[/link] to list events, communicate with other pilots in the SEMPRA district, post your event fliers and use the calendar to pre-register and track attendance.

We would like to promote all forms of racing in our district, and would love for you to be a part of it.

Thanks guys,
Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 PM
eduffey

Thanks, Scott. I'll get that posted soon. I'm a little short of time tonight, though.

Ernie
Old 02-23-2012, 03:15 PM
eduffey

Scott,

I did look at the site but I am not familiar with how to post to it. Can you put our calendar on for us? It seems to me that you are looking for flyers and web site links to add to the site. If that is the case then each of our clubs will need to provide you with separate information. My club's (NARCA) web site is www.narca.net if that helps any. I think I was able to attach a pdf version of our flyer to this post.

Ernie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ig11241.pdf (171.9 KB, 53 views)
Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 AM
Scorpion Racing

Sure Ernie, I can do that for you. If you could provide me with some club websites, event dates, contact people and fliers, I will get your clubs added to the website. The forums are just like all the other forum boards, just sign up and you can start posting. Barry West is going to help out with the club 40 on the forums too. We really would like to have a place for all racers in our district to be able to share information, so come on in!

Thanks guys,
Old 02-26-2012, 05:19 PM
eduffey

Scott,

Thanks for the help! You'll see all of the race dates in my 01/26/2012 post above. Directly or indirectly they seem to all be approved. North Alabama Radio Control Association (NARCA) is my club and it is the Harvest, AL site in the date listing. You can pick up our web site, contacts and, of course, the flyer from the flyer that I attached in my 02/23/2012 post above.

Hey AL/TN guys - if you want Scott to add your club to the SEMPRA forum board then please see his 02/24/2012 post above. It will tell you what he needs to add us in.

Thanks, again, Scott.

Ernie
Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Scorpion Racing

Ernie,
I listed your event calendar on the SEMPRA website [link=http://www.sempra.org/html/race_events.html]SEMPRA District Races[/link] and linked each listing to the club's website. I also created a club link for your club at [link=http://www.sempra.org/html/hosting_clubs.html]Event hosting clubs[/link]. If the other CD's would like me to include their clubs on the site, have them contact me or give me permission here and I will get them added. If you guys can provide me with some pictures from your events and a race re-cap, I will see if we can get you some press in the NMPRA newsletters. I will also publish your pictures on the SEMPRA website, so send me what you have after the events this year.

I would like to have all our racing sites accessible to a new guy looking for somewhere to find fellow racers. Lets get pylon racing on the front pages again!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
JohnMcGowan

Hi Scott.
Thanks for offering to publish all the race dates on the Sempra site.
I will be going to the first C40 Alabama race of the year coming up this Saturday March 10th. Alabaster RC will be hosting the race and the CD will be David Phillips II, aka D2. He always shows the attending crowd a great time. I will try and remember to take my camera and get some Kodac moments when Im not at the wheel Saturday.

I have already got a C40 date set for my home field which is Birmingham RC Club, http://www.birminghamrcclub.org
The first race at that field will be held Saturday May 5th, 2012 and will be an AMA sanctioned race , but Alabama C40 rules still applies. Feel free to have a look at the website. Our very capable webmaster Nick has already posted the C40 rules and dates there if you want to look at them.No C40 rules changed from last year so if a pilot raced with us last year and passed inspection, he's good to go this year too.
Thanks,
John
Old 03-07-2012, 06:37 AM
dphill2

OK Guy's the time is near !! First club -40 race This Saturday March the 10th. Weather man sez it is going to be......
sunshine and blue sky for our race !!! Sooooooo let's go racing BOY'S

Dave
Old 03-07-2012, 07:13 AM
JohnMcGowan

Mornin' Dave!
I see the weather man says less than 10% chance of rain, looks LOTS better now than what they were saying Monday. So,...sunny skies and around hi 60 / lo 70 temps, cant get much better than that.
Everybody get your stuff checked out and be prepared to race and have a good time Saturday.
JMc
Old 03-07-2012, 11:28 AM
DonStegall

I posted your 2012 schedule to the RCPRO site on Sunday to [link=http://www.rcpro.org/content/rcpro/club_40/schedule/alabama.aspx]2012 AL/TN Club 40 Event Schedule[/link] and I added the link to your area specific rules.

As you produce more fliers, you can send them to me. My contact information is at [link=http://www.rcpro.org/content/officers/don_stegall.aspx]Don Stegall[/link].

Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 PM
eduffey

Guys, sorry to be out of touch so long. I was getting things set up tonight and thought I should check the site. John and D2 - I'll see you in the AM. Scott - thanks for the work you did to get us up on the calendars.

Ernie
Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM
dphill2

Guy's just to let you know, the Tuscloosa Club has ask for a race date Saturday, August 4th 2012. If there is a conflict that I'm not aware of this will be a Club-40 race. If any of you see a problem let me know asap because Ed wants to send off his sanction app.
This is a great field and will be a welcome addtion to our already full Club-40 schedule.

Dave Phillips.......
Old 05-08-2012, 03:04 PM
eduffey

D2,

August 4 is no conflict with NARCA. I don't think that it will conflict with RCRC or MTRCS either based on what I know of their schedule from earlier in the year.

Ernie
Old 05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
edwal07

Hey guys,
  Just got the email and read the above so Aug 4th at WAAM (West Alabama Aero Modelers) is a go for the Club Pylon Race.  Will send off the sanction this week and will post the event on the RCU Event Schedule.
  Hope to also get in a demo at lunch time on June 9th during our electric fly in, that is in talks but most likely be a go.
We put on a good feed and have tons and tons of spectators.  Will post more later and have subscribed to this thread to keep updated. Thanks for allowing us the oppurtunity to host one of your races.  We have some members who are interested and hope to be included.
Thanks
Ed Waldrop
Old 05-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Tbatt

Ed, do you guys have pylons? If not we can bring mine.

We have been having a blast racing Club 40 and I think you guys will too.

See you August 4th!

Tim
Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 AM
dphill2

Tim, We have the ones at Alabaster and will be a little Ez er to bring them than you having to load yours, Just bring the start clock Please.

DP2
Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Tbatt

Good plan Dave. I'll bring the Bat-Clock, horns, radios and stop watches. I can bring my PC for the matrix too.

How about the PA system? Generator or do they have AC power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.