Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

2012 RCPRO Club 40 National Championship Race

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

2012 RCPRO Club 40 National Championship Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2012 RCPRO Club 40 National Championship Race

I will be putting a new revision of the software online when I get up in the morning. It allows a user to edit their contact information and registration. So far everyone is on Spread Spectrum. However, I found something today that indicated that the software would not save channels other than SS. So if you entered a channel and it didn't save it, you will be able to edit it tomorrow. And please do. You can also correct capitalization for you guys that don't know how to use a shift key. Of course, we can do it for you, but there may be other things you need to adjust.

Payments will not be in this revision. That has to be bullet proof and collecting the money can wait a few days to a week or so.

Contest Directors can add other contests to the calendar after I post the ok tomorrow morning if they want to.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

The Registration / Calendar software is updated.

You can now update your registration information if you remember your Login Name and Password. I will have credentials recovery after the weekend. And hopefully the payment ability will be ready by then, but it could be as late as next weekend.

Please go ahead and register even if you were waiting on the payment option so we know who is coming. One of the things I'm adding is the ability for the Contest Director or administrator to take payments directly instead of over the internet.

The calendar is ready to have other events added to it as well.The "Manage Contest" page is not online yet, but will be in a couple of weeks. It is where the Contest Director will be able to download contest participant lists and correct entry lists, correct contest information, etc. If you add a contest, use http:// in front of your links and use the "Preview" pane to make sure things are right as you enter the information. Test the contest before you hit "Finish". Currently the Contest Fees and Event Fees are not entered into the contest information. I'm still refining the methodology for how to have fees for contests where fees are flexible based on the number of events entered. I have to enter the fee amounts directly into the database after the contest is created.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 PM
skooterII

Ok i know you are supposed to assemble the plane per instructions, but as far as the canopy goes it does not give you a specific mounting location. Is it legal to move the canopy back so that the rear mounting hole of the canopy is on the first wooden brace after the solid section of the fuse?

Old 07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Oldbob

SkooterII, the instruction book shows where the canopy is supposed to go. However many people have moved them more to the rear because they think it looks COOL; more like the GB-7. This may or may not be a rule violation depending where you are flying. For sport flying that’s fine. But if you are flying RCPRO Club-40, and want to go fast, put the canopy right over the wing saddle. This is a speed secrete so don’t tell anyone else.
Bob
Old 07-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Ken Erickson

SkooterII,

Yes, canopy locations have been tested. I have tried it and guys in Texas have tried it. Bob is the most experienced member of the RCPRO Club 40 Committee. He also goes FAST and wins races.

Putting the canopy somewhere else and going to race may cause you to get asked to change it or just get you wierd looks.

And now, some general statements:

The National Rules have always presupposed that the planes should be assembled as they come in the box and according to the text and drawings in the manual. We do realize that it is human nature to want to do something different. We on the Committee would like it if everyone, for the sake of uniformity, would use the National Rules and Procedures. However, we realize not everyone will.

Every race flyer/advertisement lists the name and contact information of the person in charge of that race. If someone wants to do something different, that is the person to contact. (The race in Tuscaloosa race discussion in another thread legitimately extends beyond the previous statement.)

If someone believes they have a wonderful idea that ought to be in the Rules and /or the Procedures, they can discuss it with their area National Committee member.

The Committee members work with the club Race Promoters in their area. One can discuss things with them and they will bring it to the attention of ther Committee member.

Ken Erickson
Chairman, RCPRO Club 40 Committee.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:05 PM
skooterII

Thanks Ken and Oldbob,

I appreciate the info and will go ahead and mount the canopy above the wing and call it good. I don'
t want to be illegal and cause any fuss at the waco race. Now that we have that cleared up is it legal to install ceramic bearing in the engine.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Oldbob

Skooter II, yes ceramic bearings are legal. I use them when I need to change warn bearings. Be careful when you install them. I have had one set come apart on the first run and ruined the engine. I don’t know if it was bad bearings or I installed them poorly. Your engine won’t go any faster but the bearings will last longer if they pass the first run test; and they don’t rust.
Bob
Old 07-08-2012, 06:55 PM
skooterII

Ok well thats all i needed to know thanks again and hope to see ya at the race.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 PM
skooterII

Just out of curiosity, what size prop do most people run on the TT pro .40 on a sky raider? I am at 3500 ft elevation and i know going to Waco will make a huge difference. I just want to know so i will have an idea of what prop to run.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:35 PM
THRL-CKER

9 X 6, 9.25 X 6, 10 X 4, 10.5 X 4.5 ,10 X 5

The ones in Bold are more popular
Old 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Ken Erickson

And, yes, the preferred prop is different for elevation.

(above sea level)

Ken Erickson
Old 07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
honkerbird

The Skyraiders I have assembled had the canopy holes predrilled. Look inside the fuse, before installing radio gear, and you will see pinholes for the canopy mounting screws. then just poke a hole in the covering and Voila!! anothe standard airframe assembled per manufacturers instructions.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:30 PM
gefisher
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: honkerbird

The Skyraiders I have assembled had the canopy holes predrilled. Look inside the fuse, before installing radio gear, and you will see pinholes for the canopy mounting screws. then just poke a hole in the covering and Voila!! anothe standard airframe assembled per manufacturers instructions.
I have looked on the inside of the last three SR that I got from WM and there are no pin marks or punched holes marking for the canopy in those! I for one like to move my canopy because that is my choice in preference! It doesn’t enhance the speed or the handle one way or the other just my choice! The SR comes with ToughLon skin on it also and I don’t care for that it’s heavy so I replace that with another brand of covering as long as it weighs 4lbs 8oz’s I’m good to go…[8D]
Old 08-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just signed up for the C40 Nats. Now I hope I can make the date. We have a test out in Yuma that is scheduled for the 23rd of October but we will be doing prep work before that date that may intefere. I'm the technical lead on the project so I have to be there. Rumor is that the test date may change to November.

I hope to get a couple other guys from our area to make the trip. I think we can do that after the BIG Tuscaloosa race......if anybody has any airplanes left.......I'm expecting a lot of carnage......typically we have been having about a 25% attrition rate. Midairs are the norm at our races. Lots of very close racing.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in and signed up !!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 AM
skull1971

ORIGINAL: JohnMcGowan

Im in and signed up !!
You better be!!! we have beers to drink, and smack to talk!!!!

oh and fly a plane or two, now and then
Old 08-26-2012, 10:08 AM
JohnMcGowan

Sounds good Skully!!

For those in the know about the City of Waco, can you tell me where is a good place to stay and places to avoid ?
Im guessing Skully would have me check in at a room at the Branch Davidian Hotel and Bible College !![X(]
Old 08-26-2012, 11:32 AM
gefisher

Sounds good Skully!!

For those in the know about the City of Waco, can you tell me where is a good place to stay and places to avoid ?
Im guessing Skully would have me check in at a room at the Branch Dividian Hotel and Bible College !![X(]
John, you know what WACO stands for right?….. (We Ant Coming Out).... [X(]
Old 08-26-2012, 01:13 PM
skull1971

Girls dorm at Baylor ok with ya??
Old 08-26-2012, 06:39 PM
dasintex
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: gefisher

Sounds good Skully!!

Im guessing Skully would have me check in at a room at the Branch Dividian Hotel and Bible College !![X(]
[font=''Times New Roman''][/font]John, you know what WACO stands for right?….. (We Ant Coming Out).... [X(]
It could stand for 'We ain't Coming Out' but I prefer 'What A Cook Out'!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM
JohnMcGowan

Yall just aint right.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:53 PM
squidman

It's something in the water, I believe.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard a rumor that a single "standard" prop will be used. Any truth to that?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:39 AM
JohnMcGowan

Say it aint so and lets hope its just a rumor going around.
I just ordered me 5 of the 'SkullyCrusher' type of speed props . Maybe that will help me to overtake him on the 1st lap of the race?
Old 08-28-2012, 06:56 AM
THRL-CKER

ORIGINAL: Tbatt

I heard a rumor that a single "standard" propwill be used. Any truth to that?

None what so ever.

We will be using the 2012 RCPRO rules. The only change is that the engine may be anything with .40 ID. or smaller with a curentstreet price of under $120.00. 99.9% percent will probably still be TT 40s, but it will allow a few more engines like Norvells now sold as NV's and APS's the vote is still out on the Evolution 40NX as the manufactures spects state that it is a .41+ I used Don's new APP last night to crunch the numbers given by the manufacture for bore and stroke. Using both mm's & inches came up with two different answers neither of witch matched what is claimed by the manufacture. To be sure I was doing it correctly I also did the TT 40 and both mm's and inch conversions came out exactly to what the manufacture claimed. I have located two evolution 40 NX's to tear down and measure and will try to get that done by this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.