Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Cane Ridge C40 Race

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cane Ridge C40 Race

Cane Ridge will be hosting a Club 40 race on July 21. Lets get up there and support David Ortegon and his guys!!! I'm going!

David, please post the details and such.

Tim
Old 07-05-2012, 05:43 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cane Ridge C40 Race

I have it on my calendar.  Just need to make my reservations.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
DonStegall

If someone gives me permission, I will put it on the [link=http://www.rcpro.org/contests/CalYearView.aspx?year=2012]RCPRO Calendar[/link]. The Club 40 Championship Race is the only thing on there right now. But it can be used for other contests. And I will have the Contest Management page done this weekend so the CD can download the participant lists. And once you've registered for one contest, you don't have to re-enter your contact information for every contest. ( Take note Skully )
Old 07-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Tbatt

Don,

Please go ahead and post the Cane Ridge race.

Is the Tuscaloosa race listed?

Tim
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 AM
DonStegall

Registration is open at [link]http://www.rcpro.org/contests/CalEventView.aspx?contestid=3&eventid=0[/link]
Old 07-20-2012, 07:10 PM
BarryReade

I am at Antioch, TN waiting for the field to open in the morning.  

I went out and looked at the field this afternoon and it is a great looking field with a huge runway.  

Tomorrow should be a great day of racing.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:51 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck up there Barry.
I'll be sending all the good vibes up there for all you guys.
John
Old 07-21-2012, 05:19 PM
BarryReade

It was a great day to race at Cane Ridge Park today.  The weather was overcast until the A main was run after 7 rds of racing.  Temps stayed in the low to mid 80's until the sun finally came out and then it soared into the 90's and was HOT!!

David Ortegon and his Middle Tennessee Radio Control Society Club put on a First Class event.  If you were not there you missed out on a good one.

Tim Batt did an excellent tech inspection and was our starter for the day.  As usual he did an excellent job and the heats moved along smoothly.  The MTRCS supplied the cut judges and man did we have cuts today.

Let me tell you about that.  At the end of three rounds of racing I had one, yes 1 point.  First heat I cut out and Ernie Duffy cut out and that left newbe Mike Conner running and old TT GP-40 as the winner.  Drat!!!  My second heat I had a midair with damage to my LAR40 which in the Alabama Tennessee circuit gets you a zero.  It was a good thing as soon as I got stabilized after the crash that I landed.  If I had taken a turn at speed the left wing panel would have folded and I would have probably lost the whole plane.  Anyway that was "0" number two.  The third heat I said that I wouldn't cut even if it meant coming in last.  Second lap I cut.  Anyway, I salvaged my one point and didn't cut anymore the rest of the day.  Lots of cuts during the other heats and I ended up tied for second in the points and made the A main.  

So it ended up the Newbe, Mike Conner, was in first place for points with his very consistent flying and no cuts and Ernie Duffy and myself tied for second. I had developed an aileron flutter about the 3rd round and it was getting worse.  So in the A main I tried to back off on the air start and not go for the big hi speed dive and keep it steady.  I had the lead a few laps and then lost it to Ernie trying to not cut any pylons.  From Lap 6 on I rode Ernie's tail and hope he would fold and make a mistake.  He didn't, he stayed right in there, like a trooper, and held his line and didn't make a mistake and was the overall winner for the day.

Congratulations Ernie Duffy for your well earned win.   

I have about 60 pictures that were mostly taken by Mike Murphy and will post the best and put up a link for the rest as soon as I can.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM
eduffey

Thanks, Barry. Yes, it was a fun day. Thanks to MTRCS and especially David Ortegon for putting this on.

Ernie
Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Tbatt

Wow! What carnage! It must have been all of the cuts that were cutting the airplanes down.

In Barry's and Ernie's defense, the Cane Ridge course is around 500-600 ft so it messes with the timing from racing a 400ft course. I won't bother posting the times as they have little in common with what a 400 ft course would be.

Resilts are:

A Main
Ernie Duffey 1st place
Barry Reade 2nd PLace
Mike Connor 3rd Place

Mike had the highest score for the day at 16 points for the seven rounds (3 point system). Now Mike did this with a TT GP 40, not a GP 42, A GP 40! What is also amazing is that this was his very first Club 40 race! Out standing!!!!

A black cloud was over Greg Doe again and he crashed when he lost aileron control. The problem was a bad aileron extension. All in all we had four airplanes damaged out of seven pilots! Good thing most had backup airplanes.

Overall a very good race and we did have a lot of fun and many spectators.

Tim
Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats ERNIE !!! Well done.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:43 AM
ienjoyrc

Hey Greg, Charles Krempin in Hico, Texas. So we aren't the only ones picking on you. More airplanes. Do we need to bring an extra plane for you to fly in Tuscaloosa?????
Old 07-24-2012, 09:20 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Charles, I'm putting two brand new airplanes together for Tuscaloosa. Thanks. Just bring me my hard hat. Greg