Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hico, TX Club 40, August 25, 2012

ORIGINAL: jstaff

There is a AMA rule and just like set backs it's up to the CD of the contest to set the rules he wants to use. Not defending or agreeing. Jason was smoking on Saturday had the A main won by half a lap until his muffler came apart. Per the rules used at Hico even if he had won which did not, he would have been, or was DQed.

JS
    Show me the rule!! Quote the rulebook.
    ERIC DESARDI, Revver Bro. 159, NMPRA 59i, III%
    Moe's Cycle Service, New Creations-RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Skully, under General Provisions of the 1963 rule book, page 19, section 5, subsection (e) β€œ unofficial flight” should any part drop off the model during a competition the flight shall be classified as unofficial. In the 2002 rule book the language is now on page 12, section 7, subsection (d). However this language is under the free flight section and not the general provisions. In the on-line version of the rules I cannot find this language anywhere.

I apologize for causing confusion about rules that may no longer be applicable and for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Oldbob

Skully, under General Provisions of the 1963 rule book, page 19, section 5, subsection (e) β€œ unofficial flight” should any part drop off the model during a competition the flight shall be classified as unofficial. In the 2002 rule book the language is now on page 12, section 7, subsection (d). However this language is under the free flight section and not the general provisions. In the on-line version of the rules I cannot find this language anywhere.

I apologize for causing confusion about rules that may no longer be applicable and for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Bob
    Thanks Bob!!!
    That was my point, as most know I'm a rules nerd, and there is that rule in the AMA pylon rules,, but it is listed only under the 422, QM-40 specific rules, not any of the others. I can see a muffler coming off a 200mph plane causing a problem. Since we use the RCPRO rules for Club 40, if that rule was added, I would not oppose it, I have seen a couple canopy's knocked off in the first turn, and that plane win the heat races. Unfair?? I say yes, due to the less drag, landing gear and wheels are in the same boat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: skull1971

I have seen a couple canopy's knocked off in the first turn, and that plane win the heat races. Unfair?? I say yes, due to the less drag, landing gear and wheels are in the same boat.

+1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is something for the rules committee to go over.  I personally have never seen a canopy or evan a wheel come off during a race that I can recall, but it is possible.  As I understand the rule there is nothing at this time that would cause the plane to be DQ'ed as long as it was flying safely.

Did Jason go on to finish the race in first place and then was DQ'ed?
    We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public
    Jim McGuinn
    NMPRA Dist. 8 VP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I do remember a race in Alvin where I was in the lead and on the last lap between turn 2 and the finish line I lost the muffler but still was able to cross the finish line first and was given the win.
    Jim McGuinn
    NMPRA Dist. 8 VP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok how's this? For the 2013 RCPRO rules, if Bob agrees and will submit a rule addition.

Any plane, that while racing, looses any part from the airframe, and or engine, due to mid-air, or mechanical failure, will be DQ'd to last place in the heat or main event. In a heat race, if the plane that has a part come off, before a double cut DQ, that plane will collect last place points, unless another plane in that double cuts, then the plane with the missing part will move up in the standings. The plane in question will be notified by CD, starter, scoring, or any other race official. The plane will then go hi out of the racing line, if able , and wait till after the race is over to safely land. If the plane cannot wait to land, ie dead stick, or damage, that pilot will call out so everyone can hear him that a landing is required. Any airplane can be repaired and returned to racing as long as it is safe and CD/official have inspected it and agree.

Y'all can add or suggest changes if you'd like. What do you think??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: THRL-CKER

This is something for the rules committee to go over.Β* I personally have never seen a canopy or evan a wheel come off during a race that I can recall, but it is possible.Β* As I understand the rule there is nothing at this time that would cause the plane to be DQ'ed as long as it was flying safely.

Did Jason go on to finish the race in first place and then was DQ'ed?
    I think it was the last New Waverly race, I had my canopy knocked off at pylon 1, on the start, and won the heat race. then we went into the mains, and I think it was Bob that said I needed a canopy. Big Dog Walther, gave me the one off his back-up plane, and then he and I mid-aired off of 2 and we lost both planes! Now that I'm thinking about it we have had it happen at Georgetown too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The traditional guide line for parts falling off an airplane in an event where there is no speciffic rule for it, has generally been : Does the airplane still make the minimum weight requirement? Pretty simple! It's amazing how so many of these questions have been delt with in the past, fairly, but because there is always a new group of contestants, and Contest Directors, this historical knowledge is not always available.

Skully: You would think that the canopy on a SK MkII would cause significant drag, but it doesn't. Same thing with the wheels on a 428 Quickie, it doesn't. Ask me sometime and I'll tell you why I know it's a fact. Greg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"Did Jason go on to finish the race in first place and then was DQ'ed?" Does anyone know? It would have been the CD's decision at the contest to DQ him regardless of the rules. Big J would have had the right to challenge and protest though.

When Club 40 was started in Texas in 2006 there were so many TT mufflers that came apart it became quickly apparent that modifications to prevent this were needed...BUT to my knowledge nobody was DQ'd because of this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did not finish ahead of Gary or Richard. I had great take off lap and jumped out almost a full half lap ahead and was crusin til lap 4 or 5 and popped the muffler...It took Gary and Richard about 3 or 4 laps to catch me but they both did. The plane died in the turns and I could barely keep the plane in the air...had to start making wide sweeping turns to keep the planes speed up and it was too much time taken.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First off I want to say that Jason is not DQ’d there was some confusion on the ruling and I apologize for this misunderstanding! I believe Ken Hopson had a double cut in the A main so if that is correct then Jason Oliver finished 3rd instead of 4th ! Again I apologize for this confusion on our part!

Gary
    Fish

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gefisher

[font=''Times New Roman''][/font]First off I want to say that Jason is not DQ’d there was some confusion on the ruling and I apologize for this misunderstanding! I believe Ken Hopson had a double cut in the A main so if that is correct then Jason Oliver finished 3rd instead of 4th ! Again I apologize for this confusion on our part!

Gary
    Thank you Gary!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gefisher

First off I want to say that Jason is not DQ’d there was some confusion on the ruling and I apologize for this misunderstanding! I believe Ken Hopson had a double cut in the A main so if that is correct then Jason Oliver finished 3rd instead of 4th ! Again I apologize for this confusion on our part!

Gary

Yep, Ken had a double cut. My fault compltely. I pulled him to early. But, I did warn him my depth perception sucks..... LOL Old guy + bad vision = double cut. Felt bad all the way home, but I did warn him. :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Big J,
    We need to swap trophies. I have your 3rd place trophy and you have my 4th place trohpy. I was also confused how this all worked out! I hope you don't lose any sleep over any of this! Ha!

Ken

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ken, I dont care about trophies brother. I didnt really care that I was dq'ed.....if its a rule it's a rule. I got beat in the A- Main regardless. Cant wait for the next race with my new plane and engine!!!!   see all you guys at the next one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jason, you had the best caller in the world and you still lost. Good thing Skully wasn't there , he probably would have kicked your butt too.

I only flew bad so you could have the best caller available.
    throttling back during a crash means you are a "quitter "
    "cutting suks"
    "everyone is crazy, some are just more obvious than others"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup I'm getting pretty good at tossing airplane parts around a race course. Two races, two planes lost.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about some race results and point standings
    Jim McGuinn
    NMPRA Dist. 8 VP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Okay Jim, I had to get this emailed to me because I forgot to get a copy before I left Hico! The Texas Club 40 points standings are posted on the Texas point thread...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Fish

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Skully, the way I see it you crashed four planes. Two of yours, and two of other peoples. You better go back to pylon driving school.
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12