Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Question About Club 40 rules and Skyraider II Set-up

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Question About Club 40 rules and Skyraider II Set-up

Old 10-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Ken Erickson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question About Club 40 rules and Skyraider II Set-up

GSG,

The regulation pylons are 15 to 20 feet tall. You are supposed to stay above them. It is actually a rule but there is also a practical reason for doing so.

Some of the guys can tell you from experience what that reason is. I hope you have not found out already.

Ken
Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: squidman

really??[X(]

Really. It's called corner velocity in real jets - wish we knew what it was for a Skyraider. Go squidman!

Kurt
Old 10-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser
My Feedback: (84)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ken Erickson

GSG,

The regulation pylons are 15 to 20 feet tall. You are supposed to stay above them. It is actually a rule but there is also a practical reason for doing so.

Some of the guys can tell you from experience what that reason is. I hope you have not found out already.

Ken
I was flying at my club field, solo, with nobody else in the air during my practice / test runs. Our poles are collapsable and when fully dismantled are only about 8 feet tall I'd guess. So technically.... I was above them.
But running 10-12 feet off the deck, behind a fence, in an open field, away from anybody or anything, by myself with the pattern empty... was quite exciting!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:00 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Giant, just wait until you have 3 other planes on your 6 ! THATS when it gets exciting right there!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: JohnMcGowan

Giant, just wait until you have 3 other planes on your 6 ! THATS when it gets exciting right there!!!
I can't wait! The 27th will be my first official race inGainsville, FL. I am quite excited about it. Seems like this is going to be great fun.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will have to let us know how it goes,
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Giant_Scale_Gasser

ORIGINAL: homer-1954

Gasser

There are 5 clubs that race close to you in Florida. Tri-Counry RC in Dunnellon, the OMAC in Ocala, Flying Gators in Gainesville, HAM club and the guys from On TOP OF THE World west of Ocala. They rotate between the clubs for their events. You could contact anyone of those clubs for information as to what they allow or if you have time on the 27th they are having an event at the Flying Gators field starting around 9:00am, You are welcome to attend and get firsthand advice. You can check the Flying Gators website for directions or contact me for directions it you decide to come up.

Larry
Larry,

I am a member at H.A.M. And I will be at the Gainsville event. I am airplane #92, come by and say hello. It will be my first race, I need all the advice I can get!

John