Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

B'ham Club 40 Race is on!

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

B'ham Club 40 Race is on!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default B'ham Club 40 Race is on!

Birmingham RC will be running a Club 40 pylon race on November 3rd. There will also be a chili cook off, and a Conecuh sausage burn as well. We plan to award 12 places, in A, B, and C mains. There will be a raffle with a new in the box Sky Raider ARF, and other nice prizes. B'ham RC will provide fuel for the race. We hope that by this Nov 3 date, that anyone who runs in the Texas race will have a couple of weeks to rest up, and be ready to race in Morris Alabama. Please help us get the word spread around, so any and all who want to can come out and race in this best, and final race of 2012. If you don't mind, please ask Mrs Grimm if she would run the pit boss position for us for this race. I don't have their contact info. Looking forward to seeing all of you guys in Morris on Nov 3!!! Many thanks! Tom Calamusa [email protected]

Tom,
Thanks for stepping up to the plate and keeping the November race alive! Looking forward to being there for our grand finale.

John,
Make extra chili this time!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:05 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: B'ham Club 40 Race is on!

Is anyone coming to this race??
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM
dphill2

we have about 10 or 12 from B'ham thats going to be there !! How bout you Huntsville guy's ????

DP..
Old 11-02-2012, 08:50 AM
dphill2

Looks like its going to be a great day for flying Pylon !! Temps in the low 80s and wind is going to be about 5 mph...
The Chili is in the pot and will be ready for tomorrow's lunch !!! Going to be a good one so come on down if ya can !!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 AM
dphill2

what a great day for racing !! The weather was as good as it gets and the racing was was even better !!
We flew 5 rounds of very intense racing and only had 1 mid air, 1 pole strike and 1 crash ( ( only 1 of the 4 was not able to continue.)
I hope Tom Calamoosa will give a full report with some pictures !! Here is the finish order ..

A Main
!. Greg Doe
2. Randy Bosworth
3. Mike Conner
4. Brad Clayton

B Main
1. Dave Phillips II
2. Barry Reade
3. Mike Tally
4. John Hester

C Main
!. Tom Calamoosa
2. Billy Parker
3.John McGowen
4. David Phillips III
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 AM
BarryReade

Dave it was a great day of racing.  Thank You!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM
skull1971

All that AND Bama beat LSU!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 AM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dave for putting the race on. And congrats to Greg Doe for winning.
Just as I figured, my box of new servos that should have beendelivered Friday were in the mailbox once I got home Saturday, go figure. Im glad I was able togetmy my plane at least.
John
Old 11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
codbucket
My Feedback: (6)

Well guys, I believe that the Nov. 3 club 40 pylon race held at Birmingham RC was a great success ! I found out the hard way that it takes a lot of orchestration, and hard work to organize, and put on one of these races. I told Tim Batt at the Harvest race in August that we would try our best to pick this race up, and we did ! You missed a great day of racing Tim. I want to sincerely thank Dave Phillips for being our CD for this race. He ran a straight up, clean event without even having a lap top, or a clock. Great job Dave! I want to thank Jimmy Stewart for picking up the plaques, and to Big Al Mosely for making them for us. Jimmy also bush hogged the tall grass, and served as a cut judge on pole # 2. Thanks to Jim Georgeson for the use of his table, and his two Slimline fuel pumps. Thanks to Rich Casper for serving as cut judge on pole # 1. Thanks to Randy Bosworth for inventorying the items in the Conex. Thanks to Wes Kilgore for erecting the ez-up, and for stirring 5 pots of chili so it would not burn. Thanks to James "Tiny" Sanders for manning the grill, and cooking the Conecuh sausage. Thanks to our out of town racers such as Greg Doe, and Barry Reade for their support of club 40 by travelling to compete in this race with us. I feel like a great time was had by all who attended. We had fine weather, great food, excellent raffle prizes, and friendly, and close competition. It was an honor for me, and Birmingham RC to host this fun event. I hope you will agree with me when I say, that the last club 40 race of 2012 was among the best of the season !
Thanks again for all those whose hard work helped to make this an event to remember. See ya'll next Spring! Tom Calamusa, President, Birmingham RC Association, AMA Charter # 100
Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 AM
dphill2

Very well said Tom !! we all do this because we enjoy being with our friends and racing our planes !! I for one had a great time and look forward to next year !! Thanks to you for stepping up and allowing us to have this event at the B'ham field. After reading your post its hard to believe how many people it takes to put on one of these races !! I too would like to thank all that put out such an effort.

We had some very close racing as you know the B main race with Barry Reade and myself was not determined untill the last turn of the last lap !! Now that was a fun race and I hope we can have more like that next year.
Don't know what we are going to do with Greg Doe as he won the A main again beating The Boz in second !!
I guess we need to get them Texas boys back up here and try again !!! Great flying Greg !! we all have somthing to shoot at !! Fast 10 laps @ 120.94 I hope it was a timer err LOL...
Anyway, I just want to say Great job by all and thanks again TOM !!
Dave Phillips !!

Yes Skully the TIDE did Roll !!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM
GREG DOE

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I too want to express my thanks to Tom Calamusa, Dave Phillips, and everyone who made the Birmingham Race possible. Thanks guys. Greg
Old 11-18-2012, 12:14 PM
playntraffic

what is the manufacturer of the fuel cap / pump frame that you guys are using on your club 40 provided fuel gallons. I want one and thought they were slimline, but no good.

thanks for the info, and that was some good racing.

Mike W.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:35 PM
codbucket
My Feedback: (6)

Mike, the pumps were Slimline. I am not sure if they are still available or not. Those two were loaned by one of our club members. Thanks for coming out and racing with us, I hope you had as much fun as we did. Tom C.