Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Any More Club 40 in AL or TN this Year?

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Any More Club 40 in AL or TN this Year?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Pilotja5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D2, I am in. I need to knock the rust off. Gives me a good reason to finish up my backup racer :-)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im staying out of Mike Talley's way !!! I have a first hand account of what he can do to the back, side, front and bottom of an airplane, LOL.
Hey D2, I talked with Jim Andrews and he says he would be up for racing .
Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 AM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Good deal John !! Our club meets today at the field and will get us a date ! I will post as soon as I find out so everybody can make plans !!

D2
Old 09-07-2013, 02:19 PM
dphill2

OK Race Fan's, after much deliberation we came up with Oct 26 for the race date at the Alabaster Field !! All the club members were excited that Club-40 was coming back to race !! We also talked about doing the Chili cook off thing !! If ya want to do that let me know and we will set it up. As for the EF-1 thing I'm only going to race the Club -40 !! this is a one day event and we have enough stuff going on to have a full day of racing with just Club-40.. Also Buddy will bring the Radar gun this time so we can check some speed for ya..

D2
Old 09-07-2013, 07:51 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic Dave!!!! THANK YOU and to the folks at Alabaster for having all of us !!
Im all in for bringing a crockpot of chili too .
For some reason I am not getting any notices that new replies have posted to any of the threads here on rcu since the upgrade, even though I am marked as subscribed. Weird.
Dave, let me know what all you need me to do to help with anything please

Thanks again,
John
Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What! No EF-1. I'll bring mine just in case.......
Tim
Old 09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
davidgeorge212

Default improvements

Ok, One of the newest improvements I made to the clock is changing out the wight LED's for True Red ones. I also swapped out the clear Plexiglas for a white light diffusing Plexiglas. It made the appearance of the segments a lot better and easier to see. The viewing angle is wider so you can stand off to the side and still read it now. I also have a new longer range remote that I was able to walk all the way down the street with and still turn the clock on.

As a side project I built an experimental attachment for my clock that I installed on the top of it. It is a light sweep bar that starts out with 30 lights on. Every second that goes by, one light will go out down to zero. The thought was, it might be an easier/ quicker alternative for identifying how much time you have left before the race starts.

I was playing around with 2 different programs. 1 program I have will sound the last horn at the start of "0" zero seconds which is a full 30 second period. For this program I have the last numbers count down "3,2,1,0". The second program I made has the clock sounding the horn at the start of 1 second (essentially a 29 second clock). This second program I mentioned is the one I have shown in the video. Because the horn will sound at the start of "1" second, I was not sure if I should keep the zero after the "1". Just to experiment I wanted to see what it would look like if I made the clock read "3,2,1, GO" In this case though, the "GO" looks like "60" so I might end up changing it back.

This clock program is fully programmable so I can easily make any kind of changes you guys want. If you have any input, let me know I change the program/clock accordingly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEw0N6We3tA

Last edited by davidgeorge212; 09-16-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:10 PM
davidgeorge212

http://youtu.be/pdh8RlvDlJU Another video testing the remote range. Testing the range was kind of amusing because the cars that drove by seemed to slow way down when approaching it. They probably thought it was a speed trap sign watching them .
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
dphill2

Another video testing the remote range. Testing the range was kind of amusing because the cars that drove by seemed to slow way down when approaching it. They probably thought it was a speed trap sign watching them .[/QUOTE]

Great Job there David !! I hope you will let us use it on the 26th @ Alabaster ?? That clock is just what the Dr. ordered it and worked very well the first time we used it, and now with all of your improvement's I'm sure it's even better !!

Dave

Last edited by dphill2; 09-16-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:02 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the improvements sound great! Thanks for taking the time to do this. It is very much appreciated by all of the Club 40 racers.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:39 PM
davidgeorge212

Do you guys have a preference on when the last horn should sound. at 1 or at 0? I have a program that will do both and all I have to do is dowload it into the plc. Ive been watching old videos of previous races and came across this one. In this video you can hear kim call out 1 as the horn is sounding. This is something I can change the day of the race with my laptop if need be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwjHt...e_gdata_player
Old 09-19-2013, 06:34 PM
dphill2

David, I think it would be better if the horn blew at zero, rather than one second ! I tell every one if you hear the horn and your plane in across the S/F line you jumped. We are not looking at the clock and the only thing you can go by at that time is the horn. If your caller is looking at the clock he cant tell if you were past the start /finish line, so he too listens to the horn as well..

Dave..

Last edited by dphill2; 09-20-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:40 AM
gefisher
My Feedback: (2)

Morning all, need some info here? Does anyone have Will Swope's ph. # they could send me so I can hook up with them here in the Austin area today! If you do send it eather [email protected] or [email protected] thanks guys!

Gary
Old 09-23-2013, 05:36 AM
WSwope
My Feedback: (5)

Mid November would be better for me, although I may be able to make late October work as well.Lost an engine last week in practice for Texas and a plane in the races at Georgetown,Tx so some time at the work bench is in order.Just let us know when you set the date

Will Swope