Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

LA racer 40 setup and equipment.

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

LA racer 40 setup and equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 04:40 PM
dragonsbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LA racer 40 setup and equipment.

OK,
I purchased an LA Racer 40 and a thunder tiger bushing engine from Ken. I am new to the racing aspects of this sport. I can't find some of the info I need for this specific plane. I need to get servos and receiver battery. DR. Matt was kind enough to share some info but now that I have a plane, I can't find it. I know "disposable stuff" is recommended but I don't have any so I need to buy new. Small servo for throttle, micros for the ailerons, heavier duty for the rudder and elevator? I don't have a clue as to torque requirements, speed weight, etc......
I also remember something about a light weight receiver battery but couldn't remember that either....

Any recommendations would definitely help. If my current flying on the pylon racing spacewalker I downloaded to RF 7.5 is any indication, I have a lot to learn.

Anyway, thanks much..............Bear
Old 06-09-2015, 04:35 AM
308jockey

It's the most basic straightforward set up you can ask for. I use Airtronics 102 servos, $12 each in all three of mine without any problems. Any standard servo will work. You don't need anything special for this airplane. Standard 4 channel rx, 2000 mah nihm battery, standard charge switch, I use the factory tank and pushrods and just go fly. Don't bother with smaller servos and all of that, it honestly won't make any difference 90% of the time. This set up will work with a lower powered plain bushing motor, a Thunder Tiger Pro 40 or 46 or whatever else you put in it. Basic maintenance is all you will need, keep an eye on the wing leading edge covering and make sure it doesn't start coming loose, when it does, and it will, just use some clear tape to put it back down. This is a great design, very simple, flies great and does whatever you want it to do. Everyone should have one.

Rick H.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:20 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Bear,
Who are you ? Where you at the rookie orientation at Columbus IN? Have we met?
More than happy to address your questions. If you are MCRC be at the meeting tonight I will be out practicing prior and we can go over things.
Sparky
Old 06-11-2015, 04:20 AM
Oldbob

Bear, listen to Rick H and Sparky. These guys won’t steer you wrong. The equipment is very basic but the practice premium. The more time you spend and the more fuel you use practicing is the key. Have fun and good luck.
Bob P
Old 06-14-2015, 05:03 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Oldbob
Bear, listen to Rick H and Sparky. These guys won’t steer you wrong. The equipment is very basic but the practice premium. The more time you spend and the more fuel you use practicing is the key. Have fun and good luck.
Bob P
I agree 100%. I have Add-on's for RealFlight 6.5 and above for the 540-B course and a Sky Raider Mach II plane based on the Space Walker. I will try to get that stuff online ASAP, but if anyone wants it, I have an email I can forward to you [email protected]
Old 06-15-2015, 07:54 AM
garywaters
My Feedback: (1)

Bear,
Welcome to club 40 pylon racing !!
I was told many time (Thank you Sparky) focus on flying! Practice willgive you the most bang for the buck.

Last edited by garywaters; 06-16-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:23 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Bear are you coming to the race on Saturday?
sparky