Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

RCPRO Club 40 Rules Committee votes not to allow Evolution .46 in Silver Class

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

RCPRO Club 40 Rules Committee votes not to allow Evolution .46 in Silver Class

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 12:04 PM
skooterII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I posted it twice, my phone didn't show it had posted.

Last edited by skooterII; 05-27-2016 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:25 PM
skooterII

Bob,
I was thinking it was going to be the same prop across the board. I apologize. Me Scott Hartman and star scream are going to do some testing of our own between the two engines. I'm going to keep the same plane and pilot but swap engines and test different props on both engines. I will record the speed and time's of each 10 lap round. Each setup will get a total of 20 laps "10 laps at a time as if in a race" and average the 2 rounds on time and speed.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Ken Erickson

Guys,

Dan is right about my comments. They come from my point of view and experience.

Scooter, Rules are already there. Club 40 Gold is for .46s.

Ken
Old 05-27-2016, 01:55 PM
skooterII

Ken,
Are you saying the .46 is out of the silver class, end of story?
Old 05-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Ken Erickson

About my experience: sometimes I am right and sometimes I am wrong. I try to be right.

Ken
Old 05-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Star_Scream

We're not asking to have this issue solved today. We'd just like to know, what exactly happened to cause this rule change? It seems this issue occurred amongst a small group of pilots who decided to make this decision without consulting anyone else in the community. I don't like that and believe it will hurt C40's future. I'd also like to know, if someone planned on buying a "legal" engine tomorrow, what is available for them to buy besides ASP?

Last edited by Star_Scream; 05-27-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:18 PM
Ken Erickson

Scooter,

Thanks for offering to test. Work as closely as possible with Bob (oldbob) Petrinec.

( I wrote a long reply to your questions and then the computer froze up and it is gone.)

It wasn't a small group of guys, it was the RCPRO Club 40 Rules Committee. They are the ones who have been making the rules since 2006. They are, for the most part the leaders of the Club 40 circuits that we know about. The individuals change as new circuits form and old ones die.

They want this engine to work as we and the AMA Rules committee want it to.

I am going to bed

Ken, off for tonight.

Last edited by Ken Erickson; 05-27-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:07 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Star_Scream
We're not asking to have this issue solved today. We'd just like to know, what exactly happened to cause this rule change? It seems this issue occurred amongst a small group of pilots who decided to make this decision without consulting anyone else in the community. I don't like that and believe it will hurt C40's future. I'd also like to know, if someone planned on buying a "legal" engine tomorrow, what is available for them to buy besides ASP?
Our Club 40 Committee has shrunk with the loss of the Alabama group and the Oregon Group. We could use some new committee members and if you (or others) want to be on the committee, please volunteer.

Work has been being done on vetting the RCPRO membership. We have checked all registered members for active AMA memberships in 2016. We will be getting work done on the forums/membership software and getting to a point where we could take votes of the membership easily.

The RCPRO forums and database are now running in the Microsoft Cloud. It costs me over $200 a month. We are going to make some changes and probably have a minimal cost membership for "voting" members.

I'm going to have a NATS special on Sky Raider Mach II and LA Racer 40 kits starting this weekend through the NATS. Basically it will be free shipping and no tax (i will pay the NC taxes). I have all colors in stock for delivery from either the East coast or the West coast.

In terms of a .40 that is an ok engine, this engine http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html is a decent engine from what I have been told.