Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

We are still racing Club 40 in Victor Valley, CA

Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

We are still racing Club 40 in Victor Valley, CA

Old 02-06-2017, 11:01 AM
still4given

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default We are still racing Club 40 in Victor Valley, CA

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since I have been here. I took 4 years off after my cancer treatment but I finally got back into it this past week. The Victor Valley RC flyers hosted a Club 40 race last Saturday and it was very successful. We had pilots from 4 different clubs in the surrounding area and good time was had by all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1203...6319151840010#

As I said, I have been gone for four years and now I have some questions. Where are you all getting engines. I have a few TT 40 pro engines but after sitting for 4 years a couple of them need some parts. Looks like they are as scarce as hen's teeth.

So what engines are you guys running and where are you getting them?

Blessings, Terry
Old 02-08-2017, 09:29 AM
Ken Erickson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terry,

Welcome back. I missed you, but somehow did not know the reason for your absence. Great that you are up and running again.

I am sure you know where to get bearings. Other than that, hens' teeth. Last year, because 424 accepted The Evolution .46nx, we did as well. Then we ran into some problems with starving in turns. The guys voted to unaccept the engine. During the year we had some use them and did more testing. I think it is the disparity in tank to carb height of our upright mounted engines. This winter they voted to get accept it permanently and live with it.

I now have 2 of them, but they are still NIB. We believe it might, might be a bit stronger than the TT, but the real factor is pilot skill. You know all about that, but others will, I hope, read this.

Now I will use the link and read all about it.

Very good to hear from you.

Ken
Old 02-09-2017, 10:52 AM
still4given

Hi Ken,

Thanks for that. There is club In Redlands, CA that has been running a similar race to club 40 but they allow .46 engines with the stipulation that the .46 has to use an APC 10x6 prop. They have a race this coming Sunday that I may try to attend.

Blessings, Terry
Old 02-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Ken Erickson

Terry,

RCPRO Club 40 , starting last year, has 3 Classes:

Bronze (FP, LA, TT Bushing, etc. )
Silver - (.40 BB and the Evolution .46 nx with APC 9x6 )
Gold- - ( .46 BB)

In Indiana we run Bronze and Silver. As you are probably not running Bronze, you could run Silver and Gold. At the Nats we are running all three.

Ken
Old 02-14-2017, 06:52 AM
still4given

Hi Ken,

We have only ever run the silver class. No one really has any bushed engines. I got out all my stuff and I actually have 6 Pro 40 engines so I quess I'm good for a while. I ordered some bearings and replaced them in a couple. but the others were good after just a good cleaning and some oil. It looks like the .46 engines are getting scarce too. It's sad to see all the companies that have gone out of business in the time I was gone. I'm going to keep plugging away at it. Hopefully we can keep it going.

Blessings, Terry
Old 02-14-2017, 09:01 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by still4given
Hi Ken,

Thanks for that. There is club In Redlands, CA that has been running a similar race to club 40 but they allow .46 engines with the stipulation that the .46 has to use an APC 10x6 prop. They have a race this coming Sunday that I may try to attend.

Blessings, Terry

We held the race despite the weather forecast for high winds and the road being closed at one end due to flooding.At the end of three rounds two pilots were tied for first with 10 points, each had a first and two seconds. One was using an evolution 46 and the other a TT40. A third pilot won two heats with an evolution 40nx (a 40 in a 25 case) but dnf in his third heat.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:48 AM
Ken Erickson

Guys,

More info.

Currently, AMA 424 and RCPRO Club 40 Silver use the EVO .46nx. Silver also uses .40s, mostly TT. RCPRO Club 40 Gold uses .46s. Those classes are currently flown at the Nats.

Last summer, Silver was .40s only, mostly TT. After the winners were are determined in each class, we ran an extra heat with the top two in Gold and Silver. It was Silver, Silver, Gold and Gold.

You all may want to get together.

Ken

and RCPRO Club 40 Silver
Old 02-15-2017, 10:34 AM
still4given

Originally Posted by rcjetflyer0718-RCU
We held the race despite the weather forecast for high winds and the road being closed at one end due to flooding.At the end of three rounds two pilots were tied for first with 10 points, each had a first and two seconds. One was using an evolution 46 and the other a TT40. A third pilot won two heats with an evolution 40nx (a 40 in a 25 case) but dnf in his third heat.
Really good to hear that you were still able to race. Sorry I didn't make it. I wasn't able to get some air-frames repaired in time. I need to order some more but will probably need to wait until next month. Looks like no motor really dominated. As usual, pilot skill seemed to be the factor. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings, Terry
Old 02-16-2017, 10:33 AM
Ken Erickson

My map says 46 miles from Redlands to Victorville, or vice versa. You guys should be able to work out a way to race with each other.

Fantastic!!

Ken
Old 02-16-2017, 02:28 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU

This was actually our first club 40 race, we have been racing trainers for years. Pilots were from three clubs, Chino Flyers, Pomona Valley, and Gilman Springs. A few of us Chino Flyers and Pomona Valley members have been racing at Victor Valley and Gilman Springs since the start of club 40 racing. I started the race at Chino Flyers because both Victor Valley and Gilman Springs were only racing twice a year and we have races every other month.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:38 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

So if i show up in Ontario how far are you guys from the airport?
I am able to flyin and bring a race plane to help you guys get going. Dates are the issue.
Sparky
Old 02-22-2017, 11:38 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU

The next race is scheduled on 25 March at Gilman Springs unless Bob the CD changes his rules only 40 sport motors are allowed. My club have our races the 2nd Sunday of even numbered months, 9 April is our next race and we allow sport 46 engines. Gilman Springs is about 40 miles to the southeast of Ontario Airport, Victor Valley is about 40 miles to the north, and Chino Flyers is 35 miles to the east. Here is a link to the local consolidated events calendar http://www.gilmanspringsrcflyers.com...dule_Page.html
Old 02-23-2017, 08:58 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Right now Im booked pretty tight through Aug But Ill look at coming out for some fun racing with you guys later in the summer. Since you are inland I'm guessing it will be roasting hot then.
Sparky
Old 02-23-2017, 10:15 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU

yes its gets hot here in the summer, but we try to finish racing by 12 and all three clubs have shaded pits