Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Starting Club 40 in spring

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Starting Club 40 in spring

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:09 AM
ke6gkc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting Club 40 in spring

A bunch of us in Bend Oregon want to start Club 40 racing this spring. Any suggestions on what is the best way to get this going the right way.

Thanks, Bruce
Old 10-13-2009, 06:06 AM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Starting Club 40 in spring

Hi Bruce, I am sure that Ken Erickson will be along and have some great info and links for you. Ken is the CLUB 40 Committee Chairman for RCPRO. Here is a link to RCPRO Club 40 section. They have everything including plans for portable pylons so you can get started.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Ken Erickson

Bruce,

Thanks for posting.

Check out the material Barry mentioned. That gives the info on the airplanes. Then read the AMA Pylon Regulations. An excellent piece of info is at the end of the AMA rules, the "Addendum". It gives info on how to actually put on a race of any kind.

If you will e-mail me at [email protected] with your phone number and the best time to call, we can do this much faster than by text. Some info about your group's experience level will be helpfull in deciding where to start you.

Ken Erickson

Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 PM
wittmanm

Hi Guys

We are going to start club 40 racing this year also. We are in Eugen oregon
and we are planning on being able to challange the Bend Oregon club!!
Should be lots of fun !!!
Hopefully we can talk soon Bruce
I'l get your number from Dave over at D's

Marty
Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

I have a new article called 'Pylon Racing for Clubs' that summarizes the basics. I suggest you send me your email address so I can send it to you.

And then after reading it, I suggest you have a phone conversation with Dr. Barry Reade, Ken Erickson, or myself for more details. We have been mentoring other groups and we enjoy helping.

With you being on west coast, it is quicker to get planes from AirBorne Models. See [link=http://www.airborne-models.com/html/productdetails.asp?ProductID=147]Sky Raider Mach II[/link] and [link=http://www.airborne-models.com/html/productdetails.asp?ProductID=91]LA Racer 40[/link]. For more details about the planes, see [link=http://www.houseofpylon.com/Club40/Club40.aspx]Club 40 Racing[/link] as AirBorne has the solid color planes in stock but not on the web site. For guys that like to cover their own, the Sky Raider Mach II ARC is a great option.

Go to [link=http://www.pylonworld.com/rc_pylon/course_equipment/course_equipment.htm]Course Equipment[/link] for plans for two different sizes (and cost) of pylons.

Go to [link=http://www.nmpra.org/Software/index.html]Pylon Racing Software[/link] for the program that makes it easy to run a race on a laptop if you have 10+ pilots. (Paul Herman's NMPRA Race Program)
Old 12-27-2009, 10:10 PM
gutboy17

I fly and club race down in Redding, CA in a .46 World Models T-34, LA Racer, Mach II class. If you ever decide on a race season for a Club 40 class I would be interested in participating in the Oregon area. I race a LA racer and I have the Club 40 .40 size engine for racing. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 AM
ke6gkc

Marty, I would love to hear from you about what your club is doing. I will pm you with my number.

Gutboy, Come on up and race. We will be using the TT40 setup. I hope that is what you have.

Do either of your clubs race anything else?

Bruce
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 PM
gutboy17

I just wanted to pass on to you Club 40 racers up in Oregon, that NCRCUF AMA 3233 of Redding, CA will be having our first of six 2010 WM 46 (club 40 aircraft with .46 engines) race on Feb. 14th (I know that is the Daytona 500, wasn't my idea so my DVR will get some use). The WM 46 class is basically club 40 aircraft, plus the 46 size T-34 by WM, and the Sports with any 46 size 2-stroke with stock mufflers. I'm going to be using my Club 40 LA Racer with a Tower Pro 46, this way I can drop in my TT40 and come up to Oregon and race in the Club 40 events up there. If anyone is interested just send me a PM and I'll get you the rules and the 2010 proposed schedule. Our goal is just to have fun, put on a good show for the peanut gallery, and hopefully meet visiting hobbyist.

In regards to the Club 40 racing in Eugene and Bend, have there been any dates set yet for the events?
Old 02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
ke6gkc

Dates for the Bend races are as follows.

May 29th
June 26th
Aug 21st
Sep 11th

Please check the web site for any changes or updates.
www.corca.us/BAM/Overview.htm

Thanks Bruce
Old 02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
ke6gkc

Sorry that link did not work try this one.

www.corca.us

Bruce
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
ke6gkc

The May 29th race at the Bend Oregon club has been rescheduled for June 5th. We hope this does not cause any issues.

Bruce