Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Club 40 Race in Harvest, AL

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Club 40 Race in Harvest, AL

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Club 40 Race in Harvest, AL

IMPORTANT!!!!!

We will be requiring Hard Hats at the NARCA Race Aug 14th. Please help spread the word! We will not be providing the Hard Hats except for the workers.

The good news is that Home Depot has them for about $6.50 each. Or the better news is that you can buy a two pack for less than $10 bucks!

The BEST news is. Because we are going to have to wear these hard hats to meet the AMA rules, I've decided that we will have a HARD HAT CONTEST. The person that has the most outlandish hard hat will not only win bragging rights and have their picture in this forum but they will win a yet to be determined prize!! I've already got my HH design done in my head. Now I have to go and find what I need, an XL should fit.......

Like I said before, I'm going to make this fun if it kills me!

Tim
Old 07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
dphill2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'll just lay here and bleed with all the shots that have been fired at me.
My flying BUDDY'S Ha.........

DP2
Old 07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
BarryReade

What shots??  You ran a great race!!  What are you talking about???  IMWTK!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Tbatt

Dave, didn't they tell you, love hurts.

Hey, we gotta' pick on someone and TAG, you're it!

I haven't had this much fun since the door lock on the porta potty at the field broke!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:58 PM
BarryReade

Hey Dave, why don't you wear your Ken Maely shoe next race. It could help!!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah man,.. we all love ya Dave!!!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Tbatt

DP2, you are one good guy. Thanks for all your support, but remember, each time I loan you my airplane that I get to rag you. NO FREE LUNCHES!

At my last job, after I left, I told several people that I missed them. Little did they know that my aim was off!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:39 PM
dphill2

Cant wait to do it again !! You know the third time is the charm I'm gona fly this race with my plane, not Tim's Ha, Hey Tim make sure you charge it though HaHaHaHa
Barry, if that ole shoe would help you could bet the ranch I would wear it
Hey I got 3 of the lazer cut kits on the way and plan to have TWO planes ready for this wing ding !!!
And McGoowin bring some more Apple sausage dogs, man they are fine I'll let you have some power from my Honda Gen.
O yea DP3 will make this one as well.
Dave P2
Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 PM
davidgeorge212

ORIGINAL: dphill2

Cant wait to do it again !! You know the third time is the charm I'm gona fly this race with my plane, not Tim's Ha, Hey Tim make sure you charge it though HaHaHaHa
Barry, if that ole shoe would help you could bet the ranch I would wear it
Hey I got 3 of the lazer cut kits on the way and plan to have TWO planes ready for this wing ding !!!
And McGoowin bring some more Apple sausage dogs, man they are fine I'll let you have some power from my Honda Gen.
O yea DP3 will make this one as well.
Dave P2

Who makes the laser cut kits and what is the name of the kit plane? I saw that everyone had skyraiders out at the alabaster pylon race, is that official plane for racing or are there other acceptable planes?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Tbatt

DP2, you may have to be on your on for the next one. The Decatur guys are going to show and I offered my backup to them. I hope to have a backup to my backup done by then.

The RCPRO rules state that you can only have one backup airplane, but if a bring more than that and loan them out I think it will be okay. I'll ask the CD and see what he says, oh yeh, I'm the CD.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Tbatt

David george 212,

Yes, most all of us are using the World Models Sky Raider MKII. Nice airplane and cheap!

http://www.sanalomalaser.com/page_lo...club_40_raider

This is a clone of the spec airplane we fly. I've seen the kit and it is top notch!

However, I suggest you get a ARF and give it a try first. If you decide that this form of racing is not for you, you will find tha the SRMKII is a real nice sport 40 airplane. Several of our pattern guys that have joined ranks with us have all commented on how well the plane flies. The thing I like most about the Sanaloma kit is, that when you are done, you know what went into it.

Please check the RCPRO rules it will set you on the right track.

www.RCPRO.com

Tim
Old 07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
davidgeorge212

That kit looks pretty neat. I actually prefer kit/ scatch building over arfs so I might buy one and get it ready for an upcomming race. It wont be the one coming up in August because I will be out of town on a camping trip across the country. How many more races are planed after this August race? Are there any more dates set yet?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:48 PM
dphill2

David George,
There was one Sanalomalaser flying in our contest and I'll bet you could not pick it out . Mr Barry Reedes Orange crate was the one and he was the guy that put me on them.
If you remember I tried to give one away 3 Times and each and every time we drew Barrys ticket. I got the 3 kits because I have 3 wings that need a new fuselage to go with em
The only thing that will be a problem is the kit does not have any hardware with it, and you will have to come up with your own.
Dave P2
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 PM
JohnMcGowan

Just a fyi for you guys, DaveGeorge212 ( along with his dad Jim) was the pylon cut judge out under the tent on the left pylon for the Alabaster race. I KNOW it was hot under that tent but wanted again to say THANK YOU David for judging for everyone. This is what makes this sport so great, folks that will help out in any way possible.
I have a secret too.... DaveGeorge, aka Opie Taylor, Sr - I gave him his nickname and love it but he probably doesnt, LOL), Dave, oops, I mean Opie ,...just took his maiden flight of a VERY FINE Carden Aircraft Cuda ( 50cc) and he reports it flies very well . Its a BEAUTIFUL plane built by a professional builder and all around good guy , Brian Deis, down in Dadesville, Al .

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

And YES boys,... I WILL be bringing on dem dar good sausages with me!! Better get your appatites up!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 AM
BarryReade

See attached for the current RCPRO Club 40 Rules.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fd93218.pdf (36.8 KB, 16 views)
Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Tbatt

Davidgeorge212,

We have five more races planned after the August race. Some of them have dates and some not. There is a thread on the Club 40 page that has a heading about Alabama and Tennessee schedule. I try and keep it updated as the dates are set.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
dphill2

Well Guys, I just finished my first Sanaloma laser Club 40 Radier. I have to say, after all my years of building model airplanes I have never built one like that.
All of the parts interlock and you can almost put it together without glue. I guess if we are gona race these things this is a good way to replace parts. ( I know first hand) If ya havent looked at em give it a go !! I called on monday and got my planes on Thursday.
The fuselage and tail kit was 30 bucks.
I had two wing left left from the Alabaster race and this will put me back in business
See ya in Harvest !!!
DP2
Old 08-01-2010, 10:30 PM
BarryReade

Glad to hear it Dave.  And if youir tail feathers survive and you just bolted them on the SL fuse will take the bolt on tail feathers.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:04 PM
dphill2

Barry, The stab broke on my plane and I think it was already broke from the tree deal at the first race in Harvest. I tried to glue it back together ( guess I missed some[&o] ) Anyway I've got it back together, and will see you in Harvest round TWO !!
Dave .....
Old 08-03-2010, 05:23 AM
BarryReade

Dave,  I have an extra set of tail feathers if you should need them in the future.   They are white and would need to be recovered.  
Old 08-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Tbatt

NEWS FLASH!

The entry fee has been bumped up to $15 BUT it now includes fuel and lunch!

Don't forget your hard hats!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 AM
JohnMcGowan

10-4 Tim. Sounds good.
Hey..., on your plane that you put the speedometer on , here's a thought for you....since you are wanting it to go faster, why not load up the nose of your plane with about a pound and a half of lead, climb up to say 800 ft and put it in a full bore dive. I can just about bet the farm that you will get 100 mph out of it then !
I cannot guarantee that the plane will pull out of the dive, but we'll cover that lesson another day, [sm=drowning.gif].

Me and Dave Phillips ( D2) are working together on him a set of secret weapon eyeglasses.
The problem is that if he beats me come raceday, Im going to snatch them off his "big ol' haid " and stomp them into the ground! Ahhh, the price one must pay for victory and fame! LOL

I still need to go to the Home Depot and pick me up a couple hardhats... maybe this weekend I can do that. I've been thinking on a few wild and crazy schemes for it.

It ought to be a great show Tim. Thanks man for everything!!
John "MOOO" McGowan
Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Tbatt

Hi John,

What was weird is that I did a dive and the speed didn't change more than 1 mph from straight and level. The lead weight may be needed to improve the terminal velocity. Talk about a great starting method, rig a release so that you can dive from about 1000ft, pass the start line and release. I would propbably miss the first pylon and end up in another county.....

Did you hear that we may have some guys from Texas show up?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
JohnMcGowan

Well just add another pound of weight till it gets you what you want

Yes, I heard we may have some Texans show up. The more the merrier I say. How many guys do you think are coming? Maybe they could bring us some nice Texas sirloins to throw on the grille? <hint,hint> I like mine about 1 and a half inches thick btw .
I'll be bringing a full package of your fav sausages too , I'd hate to see you go into some type of withdrawal syndrome while I was eating one in front of you
Old 08-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Tbatt

Not sure how many are coming but they are certainly welcome! This could be another real good race!

My wife cooked some of them sausages last weekend. Yummy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.