Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > Club 40
Reload this Page >

Birmingham RC Club 40 Race

Community
Search
Notices
Club 40 Discuss all Club 40 flying here.

Birmingham RC Club 40 Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 02:56 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Birmingham RC Club 40 Race

Hello Club 40 Flyers !!! Friends, Neighbors , Relatives, Ladies and Gentlemen....I have us a race date !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Birmingham RC Club will be hosting our first CLUB 40 Pylon Race
on Saturday October 9th, 2010.
Details will be posted soon to our website...http://www.birminghamrcclub.com

Please plan to come out and enjoy a great day of Club 40 racing and fun [sm=thumbs_up.gif]!!
Pilots fee will be $15.00 that will include a good lunch and fuel to race with !

Ok guys, Ive had a couple of questions asked about our event and I will try and answer some here. If I have missed anything that you have questions on, feel free to let me know. ( Im learning as I go with this, so stick it out with me please

If you raced at Alabaster or Harvest Club 40 , bring your plane to Bham . You will be welcomed

* Bham RC will have an AIR RACE start .
* A Sanaloma plane that is in the same fashion as a SR II will be fine to race with, if you got one, by all means , bring it and come race. 2 servos in the wing , ie, 1 servo for for each aileron will be fine.
* An UNMODIFIED prop means that you cannot take a commercially available prop and trim it down to your liking. Sanding the flashing off and balancing the blades are fine to do.
* The plane will have to weigh a MINIMUM of 4lbs, 8 oz with NO FUEL in the tank... YES,.. we WILL be checking weights!!

* Should ANY physical contact be made during any race between airplane(s) and/or any other objects, be it between 2 airplanes and/or one airplane and pylon or any other object, the pilot(s) involved will be required to land as soon as possible as safely as possible. This rule will prevent an airplane thats seemingly safe ( but quite possiblly not safe at the time of contact ) from going out of control and possiblly hitting some one or some thing. We have to think SAFETY FIRST on this rule. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.

**Please let me know now/here if anyone will be racing in Novice Class. We have no one down here that currently races in Novice but we will not turn you away if you would like to race in this class, provided if there are enough pilots to compete with each other in Novice . I just need to know so that we can group each class together please**

I would like to get an idea of how many pilots plan to attend this race so we will know how much food to buy,etc... so would anyone that
is planning on coming PLEASE post to this thread to give us a head count.
Im not saying what kind of "vittles" we are going to have to eat yet , but I'll bet that you WILL NOT go away hungry!
Put it this way... lunch WILL be better than Grannie's Possum Stew and Deviled Hawk Eggs ( from the Beverly Hillbilly's)!!

Feel free to post any questions about this event here.
Lets get the head count going..... who is brave enough to sign up first?

******Also note please when you sign up for the head count, let me know what radio system you will be using, be it 2.4 or 72 mhz and if on 72 mhz, please include WHAT CHANNEL you are on so if there any any freq. conflicts, we will have time to address them. Thank you!!! ************
Oh, and lets get the SMACK TALK cranked up and going again !!
Maybe D2 and D3 are asleep now and dont know about this upcomng race yet? They both are generally good for a few
lines of poo-poo ! HAHAHAHA Lay it down guys, the board is all yours! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

John
Old 08-29-2010, 06:16 PM
davidgeorge212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Birmingham RC Club 40 Race

My dad and I will more than likely be there. I dont know for sure yet if we will be in the race but we can definitely do the pylon judging again, that was pretty fun. I got one of the sanaloma racers in the mail and my dad picked up one of the world models arfs at Homewood. Between the two of us we should have at least one racer ready to fly by November and possibly both of them depending on how fast I can build.

David
Old 08-29-2010, 07:07 PM
JohnMcGowan

Thats is OUTSTANDING Dave!!!
Thank you! This is going to be a good day..... now we just need some folks more to jump on board and sign in.

I am on 72 mhz Futaba and am on CHANNEL 46
Old 08-29-2010, 07:11 PM
BarryReade
My Feedback: (1)

I have been slow to respond because I am suppose to be in Northern Maryland at that time and I am trying to revamp my schedule.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:18 PM
JohnMcGowan

We would love to have you Barry if your schedule allows it. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
And besides that, its too cold to go that far North this time of year . Stay SOUTH!!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:35 PM
dphill2

John, I see about 5 or 6 coming from Alabaster. You did say RACE ????
Old 08-29-2010, 07:37 PM
BarryReade

Yes, I am Southern by birth but love the winters in the North.  I will be working on the scahedule.  I will be going to the Nashville race on 9/25.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Tbatt
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about the October date, it would take a serious disaster to keep me away! I'll be there and maybe this time I can just race instead of herding you cats! I'll have my game hat on and be ready to turn it up a notch. I'll be bringing my super speed magic prop, so try and keep up if you can!

Tim
Old 08-30-2010, 02:03 PM
jamcad

John,
I'd love to come to the race, but I would need to know the date............. And I would also like to run in the novice class.

Jamie
Old 08-30-2010, 02:13 PM
JohnMcGowan

Rgr that Jamie,
thanks for replying ....you are the first to respond for the Novice Class.
Talk it up with some of your fellow class flyers and see if you can get them to sign up. It would be hard for you to race without another fellow class not there, OR.... we could get Tim to turn his prop around backwards and bolt his wing upside down and race you that way

Bare with me brother as Im juggling things trying to get this worked out . [sm=drowning.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Thanks for your patience guys!
John
Old 08-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Tbatt

I'll race Jamie!

I'll need a handicap though. Maybe I can get McGowan to call for me, that will slow me down!

How about me reversing my ailerons (there is a joke here, right Jamie?).

Jamie and I will be racing each other soon enough when I can figure out how to slooooooooow my airplane down to a GP42 powered plane.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM
jamcad

I think John may be a good handicap...., I think you still need to reverse your ailerons, because you need the practice. When we did it on my plane, you didn't do very well.........
Old 08-30-2010, 04:06 PM
JohnMcGowan

Jamie, you had better watch Tim like a hawk!!
I know for a fact that he likes to wear ladies dresses and lipstick, so it would not suprise me one bit if he came to the race in a blue and pink polka-dot dress signing the pilot's roster as a first time ever entry into Novice named Geraldine Shaneekqua Alfredo Smith. ... trying to pull one over on you!
My my my Geraldine,.... what hairy legs you have!!!! And you fly like a guy named Tim Batt!!! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] HAHAHAHAHA!

OUCH!!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
jamcad

He might try to decieve us in his attire, but I'm not sure you can hide something like that with mere clothes....................
Old 08-30-2010, 08:06 PM
fcomer84

I'm in too! 72 mHz on channel 39. Can I take my old SuperStar w/ LA .40 and run novice class too?
I think we should have our traditional butterbeans and onion breakfast. What do you think, John? Free of course!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:11 PM
JohnMcGowan

Uh yeah, ....maybe Frank on the breakfast.... as long as I can stand UPWIND from you
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM
fcomer84

Then add in the sausage at lunch and all will be good!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:25 AM
Tbatt

Dang it John, you ruined my plan! I had the dress and all ready, even shaved my legs. All I needed was some comfortable shoes and I was set. Do you know how long it took me to get the wig attached to my hard hat? I'm so pissed that I've got to get more Depends now. You owe me!

Jamie, your time is coming, I'll deal with your slow airplane later. AND, as for you John..........

Maybe Jamie and I can have a grudge race. I'll give him a two lap head start........
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 AM
JohnMcGowan

All is NOT lost Tim... Im sure D3 will let you borrow some of his pink pumps size 14 with the low cut heel to wear. You'll then be set .
ORIGINAL: Tbatt

Dang it John, you ruined my plan! I had the dress and all ready, even shaved my legs. All I needed was some comfortable shoes and I was set. Do you know how long it took me to get the wig attached to my hard hat? I'm so pissed that I've got to get more Depends now. You owe me!

Jamie, your time is coming, I'll deal with your slow airplane later. AND, as for you John..........

Maybe Jamie and I can have a grudge race. I'll give him a two lap head start........
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
jamcad

Bring it on........ If I can't beat you to the finish line, I could probably just take you out of the air...............
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 PM
BarryReade

ORIGINAL: jamcad

Bring it on........ If I can't beat you to the finish line, I could probably just take you out of the air...............
Wow, Jamie, You're my kinda of Racer!!

Old 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Tbatt

Jamie, did you hear what happened on University Drive? Two guys were racing their Novice class airplanes and were stopped by the police. They were ticketed for holding up traffic!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 PM
JohnMcGowan

ORIGINAL: Tbatt

Jamie, did you hear what happened on University Drive? Two guys were racing their Novice class airplanes and were stopped by the police. They were ticketed for holding up traffic!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:27 PM
BarryReade

Yep, what Jamie said.  If can't beat them slow down and run through um when they try and lap you.  It is extremely effective in the early heats especially if they don't have a back up plane.  HeHeHe!!!   We use to do that on motorcycle scrambles.  I bet DP2 remembers stuff like that happening.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:30 PM
JohnMcGowan

ORIGINAL: BarryReade

Yep, what Jamie said. If can't beat them slow down and run through um when they try and lap you. It is extremely effective in the early heats especially if they don't have a back up plane. HeHeHe!!! We use to do that on motorcycle scrambles. I bet DP2 remembers stuff like that happening.
I'll bet D2 does remember that kind of thing going on, shoot man, he's older than dirt and he has the original blueprints for inventing the wheel !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.