RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Club 40 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club-40-491/)
-   -   PYLON RACING IN TEXAS 2012 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club-40-491/10885233-pylon-racing-texas-2012-a.html)

THRL-CKER 12-31-2011 05:47 PM

PYLON RACING IN TEXAS 2012

Anyone interested in pylon racing in Texas needs to mark their calendar and plan on attending the first annual TPRA (Texas Pylon Racing Association) meeting in Waco TX on January 14th, 2012.

We plan on discussing all forms of pylon racing from EF-1 electric, Club 40, and up to Q500 424,426,& 428.

We will be discussing the possibility of promoting the NMPRA program or adopting our own TPRA organization and which would better fit our needs to promote pylon racing in Texas.

This will be an open discussion with opening remarks by people in the know such as Dub Jett, Fred French, Randy Rich, and others.

After the key note speakers remarks the floor will be open for anyone to speak.

We will try to follow a parliamentary type of meeting, letting everyone have their say.

After that we will put it to a vote as to which way we want to go.

We will set a race schedule up for 2012 and hope to have more pylon racing in TX this year.

Contact Jim McGuinn for place and time. I need to know how many to expect so that I can secure a meeting place large enough. It will likely be a restaurant that is easily accessible from I 35.

I am planning on starting around 10 or 11 AM have the opening remarks and then break for lunch, then continue with the meeting.

If the weather is good I would like to see Dub Jett and Randy Rich put on a demonstration 426 flight at our field.

Please respond early so I can get a count of how many will be attending.

Any feed back is welcome.

This will be a dutch treat, but it will be a moderate price restaurant.

I would like to see all of the CD's that plan on holding races in TX this year attend.

Jim McGuinn
254-744-6781

[email protected]

squidman 01-04-2012 05:33 PM

RE: PYLON RACING IN TEXAS 2012

Sounds like fun. I'll be there, save a seat for me.

ienjoyrc 01-05-2012 03:38 PM

Jim, there will be 2 of us there. Charles Krempin

THRL-CKER 01-12-2012 08:59 AM

Don't forget this Saturday Jan. 14th WACO TX Pylon racing meeting.

11:00 AM El Chico's WACO TX

2111 S. Valley Mills Dr. I-35 & Valley mills on the circle Take the Valley Mills exit next to Texas Roadhouse.

Hear comments from the 2011 AMA overall National Champion Dub Jett! (Jett Engineering)

Racer and race supporter Randy Rich (Richie's Brew)

Bob Petrinec member of the RCPRO rule committee.

Fred French Long time racer and giant scale engine builder.

Jerry Small Nats racer and EF-1 supporter.

We will be discussing the up coming 2012 season.

What we can do to promote more racing in Texas.

Forming the Texas pylon racing origination or association (TPRO or TPRA)

Supporting the NMPRA

Local rules and standards.

Jim McGuiunn
254-744-6781