Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Any RC'ers in Altus, OK

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 10:05 PM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any RC'ers in Altus, OK

Are there any RC'ers here from Altus, OK?

I have a question for you.

I need some scale documentation for an upcoming project and need to know if there is still a boneyard in Altus.

I am trying to track down a scale subject and the last disposition is listed as Altus, OK. Any info you guys/gals can provide, I would appreciate it.

We can email the specifics I need when you reveal yourselves.

Thanks a ton in advance.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:11 AM
ilrcflyboy
My Feedback: (5)

Default What'cha building?

Are you building a strato tanker? That's about all there is at the AFB there, isn't it?
Old 07-29-2003, 01:26 AM
SilverEagle2
My Feedback: (9)

Default In 1942...

In 1942 it was a storage and salvage facility where my granddads B-24H was last listed. I am hoping to get some info from either Altus AFB, or a bone yard there to find out where it finally ended up and see if anything is left.

Hoping someone there can help with the research or provide numbers that may assist in the endeavor.

A stretch, but one can hope. I am trying to get all info I can before building is smaller counter part as a tribute to him and his crew.

Jason
Old 07-29-2003, 07:12 PM
BeauMiller
My Feedback: (18)

Default Any RC'ers in Altus, OK

Jason,

Try http://www.altus.af.mil/ and go to the Public Affairs page. They have a commercial number listed that you can call and start your search. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

Altus AFB is run by Air Education and Training Command (AETC) and crews are trained in the C-5, C-17, and KC-135.

Beau